Jerome Alexander ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Portia

Registered Shopper
Hi,

I've tried to search for other threads regarding Jerome Alexander, but I can't seem to find the search button :confused: :34:

Anyhow, does anyone have any experience of what his products are like ? His demos put me off some what since the women look worse with the make up on ( :eek::D ) however, that may not be the fault of the make up :54:;):D I usually use Laura Geller's balance and brighten, does Jerome's powder match up ? :confused::) Thanks :)

Hi,

I've tried to search for other threads regarding Jerome Alexander, but I can't seem to find the search button :confused: :34:

Anyhow, does anyone have any experience of what his products are like ? His demos put me off some what since the women look worse with the make up on ( :eek::D ) however, that may not be the fault of the make up :54:;):D I usually use Laura Geller's balance and brighten, does Jerome's powder match up ? :confused::) Thanks :)

I've not tried it but i saw the demo and thought the same she looked caked up and like a girls world face, so i will not be buying

There's a thread here about his marble powder ...

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3154&highlight=Jerome

I've not used it but would think that your Laura Gellers BnB would be of a better quality! The ladies he was making-over this AM looked worse in their afters than their befores, esp. the one they were saying looked like Helen Mirren. He's always so rude about their complexions too - which is rich considering he looks like an old (orange) leather shoe!!

P.S. Just noticed this was your first post, so Hello and Welcome!!

The look of Jerome is very off-putting.....why is he soooo orange?! :33:

P.S. Forgot to give you a great big warm welcome Portia - you'll have some fun on here!

He more or less admitted this afternoon that he'd directly copied Bobbi Brown's range but his was 'much better quality and cheaper...' *rolls eyes*. The concealer looks very very orange and cakey to me, the models always look worse afterwards.

He more or less admitted this afternoon that he'd directly copied Bobbi Brown's range but his was 'much better quality and cheaper...' *rolls eyes*. The concealer looks very very orange and cakey to me, the models always look worse afterwards.

:D During the show I caught this morning he implied that the primer was 'exactly' the same as one off 'another shopping channel' from 'an American company' ( Smashbox ? )

I love how he constantly reminds the viewer that you should never pull or tug the skin around the eye area and yet treats the poor models skin as he does :eek::D As for the concealer, he treated the viewers to a professional make up artist secret, 'use concealer under the eyes to brighten dark circles' and yes, he actually used the words 'makeup artist secret' :D

I do wonder, in all fairness, whether the average make-up wearer would actually do an OK job with his makeup, but he's just a tadheavy handed and lacks colour co-ordination bless him:D

As for the concealer, he treated the viewers to a professional make up artist secret, 'use concealer under the eyes to brighten dark circles' and yes, he actually used the words 'makeup artist secret' :D
Oh, not that trade secret again.:55: I'm sure I heard him sl*g of Laura Gellar range. He basically said Laura Gellar's range was a more expensive version of his.:33:

I bought some JA blusher in a weak moment when the presenter said its the nicest colour she had ever seen. The stuff is awful (just my opinion of course) very powdery - it gets everywhere. Nowhere near the quality of LG.

Bet

I heard Loen I think it was saying he'd worked with all the great actresses - Monroe, Mansfield etc - during his 40 years in the business and then he piped up that there was 'photographic evidence to prove it' ... and then shows some picture of him running what looks like a market stall in the 50's!! I can well believe that Laura Geller has worked with a lot of stars over the years, but not Mr Alexander.

Didn't he say last night as well that he used to be in something like 1500 department stores but he pulled out a few years ago as it wasn't making money?!

The man is a danger to the poor models...he'd have been right at home at the battle of Hastings with his mascara wand action :52:

Latest posts

Back