Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why on earth would she be showing everyone how much of the FW she buys. Next we'll be getting a demonstration of her using it. I mean showing off candles is one thing but she's going a bit too far!

CC
haha. Thank goodness the T&Cs of Qurio are the usual puritanical stuff you get from Americans. They'd kick you off for exposing a nipple: getting your noo-noo out and giving it a good ole' wash would probably result in legal action.

I think this is the sort of product that you just need to listen to the blurb, or read the packet use it and leave it there! There's no point for starters, you can't demonstrate it unless you want to get yourself banned for indecent exposure, the viewer can't smell it (the wash that is!) Rubbing it into your hand or onto the finger that does all the magic, what's that gonna achieve? I guess you can argue this for any bath product, but you can show how much Molton Brown bath gel you need to add to make sumptuous bubbles, but even then that'll depend upon whether you're in a hard or soft water area. This is the same as most skincare products, even though there's a limited amount of skin types, skin behaves differently depending on the person, so what's good for you, may not be good for somebody else, and it's the same with yer nether regions. Enjoy rubbing yer ha'penny but do it private please!!!

It's a damn shame that logic isn't something you can buy and even more's the pity, it's a shame that QVC don't sell it. Very expensive (and very hideous, ok that's my opinion) Christmas snowman candle, it costs £42.96 and the postage is £5.95, the high price has been acknowledged, but still purchased despite being pretty sure that it will be reduced to a feature price soon and then go into clearance. The reason stated is that "I wanted to make sure I got one" . We are in the middle of September, there are 3 months between now and Christmas, it is highly unlikely that there's going to be a mad rush to purchase this at that phenomenally ridiculous price. Logic would tell me that it would definitely be worth waiting for the price to drop, taste would tell me to give it a miss!

Have I just seen a clip on Q inviting customers to record their feedback to go on air? Is this a mix of the old (often hilarious) phone in clips and Qurio?If so will we see the likes of ‘the Qurios’ stepping forward, should be ‘interesting’!

I see H has had yet another ‘the postman has just been & brought me this ‘ moments.It always sounds to me as though it is a surprise, nothing to do with her ordering! I have worked throughout my life and got my own quite modest pension but if I want something, but can afford, then I get it.I thought I looked after myself and at times felt indulgent mainly in the clothing & beauty product field, but H takes it to a new level! My spending is after all bills have been paid & now hols. need paying ( affordable with budgeting) So all other spends are very considered.

I see H has had yet another ‘the postman has just been & brought me this ‘ moments.It always sounds to me as though it is a surprise, nothing to do with her ordering! I have worked throughout my life and got my own quite modest pension but if I want something, but can afford, then I get it.I thought I looked after myself and at times felt indulgent mainly in the clothing & beauty product field, but H takes it to a new level! My spending is after all bills have been paid & now hols. need paying ( affordable with budgeting) So all other spends are very considered.
I tell you what, the last couple of months has seen me give her a good run for her money regarding visits from postie. The main point of difference being that the vast majority of my purchases have been things I need and are replacements for old stuff eg a smaller and smarter dinner service, two new duvet covers to replace tatty ones, 2 large underbed storage boxes to replace a mish mash of smaller ones that don't hold enough, I bought a dress from Q (got rid of one I don't wear) "the jacket" again got rid of one I never wear, the sbc tsv (2 presents sorted and a treat for myself), and the gift mate Christmas bags (an absolute necessity for me) then I fell for the hype regarding a revlon "volumising" hairdrying brush that purportedly is as good as straightening as it is volumising and minimises frizz. It's normally £49 but I got it in the Very sale for £29.99 - I'm glad I believed the hype 'cause not only does it dry hair really quickly it does straighten out the kinks and leaves it with far less frizz. It doesn't burn the scalp even on the highest setting. I have actually got rid of my straighteners as I barely remember to use them and I would actually get shot of my hair dryer but 'cause it's a GHD and was quite expensive I'm loathe to at the moment. It makes my hair as frizzy as hell, burns my scalp and takes forever to dry my hair - Sod it, it's gone lol! lastly an easy clean cafetiere to replace the ****** awful Le Crueset one I paid £40 for a few years ago, I bought it for a stocking filler for oh and I noticed he hardly used it, he admitted that for some reason it didn't make great coffee and that it dripped everywhere and was messy to clean, I took it over and found the same. The one I've got is this see end of this post and it's brilliant! Makes a great brew and no more coffee grounds everywhere including my hands yuk! I only paid £16.99 for mine though.
......and to think for that money I could've got bought a whole bunch of useless trinkets and an industrial sized vat of FW!!!
For the moment I don't think there's anything I want or need for myself or the home so my next big spend up will be my Christmas presents, plenty of time yet

Attachments

• 2023-09-17.png
    2023-09-17.png
    562.8 KB · Views: 54
It's a damn shame that logic isn't something you can buy and even more's the pity, it's a shame that QVC don't sell it. Very expensive (and very hideous, ok that's my opinion) Christmas snowman candle, it costs £42.96 and the postage is £5.95, the high price has been acknowledged, but still purchased despite being pretty sure that it will be reduced to a feature price soon and then go into clearance. The reason stated is that "I wanted to make sure I got one" . We are in the middle of September, there are 3 months between now and Christmas, it is highly unlikely that there's going to be a mad rush to purchase this at that phenomenally ridiculous price. Logic would tell me that it would definitely be worth waiting for the price to drop, taste would tell me to give it a miss!
I wouldn’t describe it as hideous, though it’s not really my cup of tea, but no way is it worth nearly £50. It’s not like she has a shortage of Christmas items based on the number of videos she has posted. If she had missed out then it would hardly be the end of the world!

Considered spending.Can I afford, do I need it, is it going to enhance my life?We all have different spending patterns.Sticking to QVC not looking at other alternatives?Being more ‘savvy’ gives me greater pleasure than throwing money away.
Martin Lewis has a checklist for spending.

Will I use it? In this case I suppose she will find a space to display it for a few weeks.
Is it worth it? In my opinion no.
Have I checked if I can get it cheaper elsewhere? This exact item probably isn’t available anywhere else, but there must be plenty of equivalent items that are much cheaper.

Martin Lewis has a checklist for spending.

Will I use it? In this case I suppose she will find a space to display it for a few weeks.
Is it worth it? In my opinion no.
Have I checked if I can get it cheaper elsewhere? This exact item probably isn’t available anywhere else, but there must be plenty of equivalent items that are much cheaper.
This has just reminded me that I missed something else of the list - The impulse buy of a tool set from Q last week it just so happened I was clearing out a drawer full of random tools, including a couple of rusty screwdrivers loose allen keys a very wobbly hammer and all manner of random bits and pieces. For £21 all in it seemed like a no brainer. Will I use it? Yes for sure and did I check whether I got get it cheaper elsewhere? No I didn't but I thought for the price it was pretty reasonable and now my tool drawer is lovely and neat and no more rummaging required. I followed the rules by pure accident. Although this advice is universally sound, it won't necessarily resonate with people who have more money than they know what to do with, or those oblivious to clutter. Ok I get that people like candles, I've got 2 or 3 in the cupboard for the winter season, but I'm not too bothered about the containers, I'm happy to have one in a plain glass that I can pop in the recycling when its finished. I couldn't justify an enormous ceramic snowman by saying I can fill it with toffees afterwards - I just can't see the point in that. Of course it's all down to personal taste and because pretty much all of Hyacinth's purchases are a million miles away from what I like, I find it particularly difficult to understand.

I used to be guilty of buying heaps of useless crap but I learned my lesson as I was throwing/giving away most of it when it was taking up too much room. Translate that heap of crap to a heap of money and it really opens your eyes. I know I've just bought a couple of things but they are things that I do actually need and will use. I haven't bought any Molton Brown for such a long time and I used to buy all of it, so it can be done!

CC

Qurio is QVC’s forgotten dabbling in trying to get ordinary people to influence other people.
Quite frankly it’s an embarrassment
to those watching and certainly those contributing to this terrible app😂🤬
Yes it's definitely been forgotten by QVC - It doesn't get even the slightest mention by them anywhere. I presume when it started a few years ago they had staff specifically assigned to the task of running it and that now these people have been deployed elsewhere in the business. I wonder whether someone checks it every month or so to see if it's still ticking over, and whilst Hyacinth remains on board then it will do. I'd imagine that they've considered winding it up altogether but have decided that the backlash they'd get from the faithful few isn't worth the hassle right now and as it pretty much runs itself then they may as well let it run its course.
It is actually an embarrassment - What they wanted was a community of influencers but they ended up with a woman who's appears to be on a mission to drown herself in fanny wash!

I tell you what, the last couple of months has seen me give her a good run for her money regarding visits from postie. The main point of difference being that the vast majority of my purchases have been things I need and are replacements for old stuff eg a smaller and smarter dinner service, two new duvet covers to replace tatty ones, 2 large underbed storage boxes to replace a mish mash of smaller ones that don't hold enough, I bought a dress from Q (got rid of one I don't wear) "the jacket" again got rid of one I never wear, the sbc tsv (2 presents sorted and a treat for myself), and the gift mate Christmas bags (an absolute necessity for me) then I fell for the hype regarding a revlon "volumising" hairdrying brush that purportedly is as good as straightening as it is volumising and minimises frizz. It's normally £49 but I got it in the Very sale for £29.99 - I'm glad I believed the hype 'cause not only does it dry hair really quickly it does straighten out the kinks and leaves it with far less frizz. It doesn't burn the scalp even on the highest setting. I have actually got rid of my straighteners as I barely remember to use them and I would actually get shot of my hair dryer but 'cause it's a GHD and was quite expensive I'm loathe to at the moment. It makes my hair as frizzy as hell, burns my scalp and takes forever to dry my hair - Sod it, it's gone lol! lastly an easy clean cafetiere to replace the ****** awful Le Crueset one I paid £40 for a few years ago, I bought it for a stocking filler for oh and I noticed he hardly used it, he admitted that for some reason it didn't make great coffee and that it dripped everywhere and was messy to clean, I took it over and found the same. The one I've got is this see end of this post and it's brilliant! Makes a great brew and no more coffee grounds everywhere including my hands yuk! I only paid £16.99 for mine though.
......and to think for that money I could've got bought a whole bunch of useless trinkets and an industrial sized vat of FW!!!
For the moment I don't think there's anything I want or need for myself or the home so my next big spend up will be my Christmas presents, plenty of time yet
Was that the Babyliss that was a TSV???
If it was mine went back. No quicker for me on drying my hair and, I looked like an extra from Dallas and still had to get my GHD straighteners out to smooth it.
It was as quick for me using my hairdryer and straighteners. My hair is chin length and very thick so it's washed and left an hour or so to start to dry before I finish drying it.

Latest posts

Back