Laura Geller TSV - 07/12/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the description is missleading. I have just watched the show and the TSV has a split pan with half Balance & Brighten/bronze brighten which a colour choice of fair/medium.

I do like Laura but boy does she get it wrong with her colours. Especially in the TSV's. The majority of "girlies" in this country are English Roses oir Celtic Flower like Alison. Her colours always seem far too strong and dark.

Smashbox on the hand always seem to get it right.

What a shame for Laura. I suspect this TSV wont be moving very fast unless newbies believe all the sales flannel though.

They excitedly try it at home and see a Native American Indian staring back at them! Not colours that are easy to apply by the average English Rose or Celtic Flower. I should know! HOW!

Was watching the TSV video online and saw that LG has appeared to only have used the two end colours in the lip palette and that they seemed to have half gone already. The two colours were the paler ones for our Énglish Rose complexion you mentioned. This isnt good value for money if the ones you would wear are used up in a couple of weeks!

Maybe the other colours will come into thier own in the summer months when we have a little more natural colour in our cheeks but by that time they will be pushing the Next Best Thing!

I have never found a bronzer that suits, they all just make me look like I need a good wash so dont want the Balance/Bronze n Brighten either.

Not the best LG TSV they could have done in my opinion.

Bet

Changed my mind now seen the presentation - think the lip colours look quite scary , thought they might have been a bit more sheer - never mind more pennies for Elemis next week

xxx

I love balance and brighten-as does my 18 year old daughter-but I don't think my compact from 2 years ago is ever going to run out!

Looking at the current show,the state of Lauras' nails! Wouldn't give me confidence if I was anew viewer,with her supposed to be a make-up artist/expert!

Can't believe how they have upped the prices - the Welcome Matte which I got a couple of months ago for £13.50 is now £17! So much for QVC 'buying power'! :11:

I had far too many glasses of wine last night and bought it (only remembered that I did when the confirmation email came through this morning..........). Thank goodness I didn't buy anything else, why oh why can I not resist the lure of make up........:ANYWORD:

BSx

At the very worst at least you can send it back!! I bought it this morning but only as a standby christmas pressie in case I can't get the Smashbox Ultimate kit. If i get the SB then I reckon LG will be going back! Blush looks lovely on the flyer they sent me in the post but looks way too gold on screen. Hard to tell what it'll be like.

I once bought the crappiest saucepans in the world while late night shopping and pished...never a good combo!!:56:

I've gone for it - I like the look of the makeovers they've done and fancied trying the Balance n Bronze, so I've shelled out some of my birthday pennies for it. I really really wish she would bring back the Venus lipstick from one of the previous TSVs, I can't find it on the website and really really want to rebuy it. Have seen it on ebay but don't really fancy buying from there.

Can't believe how they have upped the prices - the Welcome Matte which I got a couple of months ago for £13.50 is now £17! So much for QVC 'buying power'! :11:
A couple of months ago $20 was £10, now $20 is £15 :(

If only I knew then what I know now. If only I realised then that I would need certain things... ;)

clemenzina

A couple of months ago $20 was £10, now $20 is £15 :(

If only I knew then what I know now. If only I realised then that I would need certain things... ;)

clemenzina

That's true, but the wholesale price QVC pay would be considerably less than the retail price, and when you factor in the VAT reduction I still think that the hike in prices is a little steep - especially in these straightened times when so many other retailers are doing significant reductions.

Sorry but I disagree with most of you - LG bronzer is definately not orange and I find the B & B perfect for me. I get the medium B & B so I have gone for the fair in the hope that mixing them will result in sort of medium. The eyeshadows look really dark but they blend so well so you can have any colour from really dark to quite light. That's my opinion. I really like LG make up.

Sorry but I disagree with most of you - LG bronzer is definately not orange and I find the B & B perfect for me. I get the medium B & B so I have gone for the fair in the hope that mixing them will result in sort of medium. The eyeshadows look really dark but they blend so well so you can have any colour from really dark to quite light. That's my opinion. I really like LG make up.
I think it's only me who mentioned the word "orange", and what do I know, I've never seen the stuff :10: But the TSV looks geared to Latin skins rather than English rosebud, which is what I am... or once was :eek:

The point is, Von (my mum's name), don't come on here saying nice things about it and making me want it more :32:

TSV = 1000 sold at 1930hr - that sounds like an underwhelmed audience, doesn't it?

clemenzina

I think the problem with the LG TSVs is that they are very samey now, I don't need any more blushers or B&B. Now if they did one with just eyeshadows/liners/mascara or a lip kit then I would look again

variety!

I saw Julia Roberts say it's so easy to use she did her own make-up but I thought she looked 'dirty'. Is that what Smashbox go on about when they talk about their make-up looking clean? The trouble is, when you get older, your skin isn't smooth anymore and you can end up looking a bit 'grotty'. I wondered whether SB stuff is good for that - particularly as the founder is an older woman isn't she?

i went for a tsv it looks brill, i'm fairly pale and i don't like the orange look and its always been great for me. Excellent coverage and easy to apply although I must say the 1st time I ever tried the baked powders I did look dirty but I think that was just getting used to it. also bought perfect match on xmas surprise as i didnt get it when it was a tsv so very excited!!! :D

i went for a tsv it looks brill, i'm fairly pale and i don't like the orange look and its always been great for me. Excellent coverage and easy to apply although I must say the 1st time I ever tried the baked powders I did look dirty but I think that was just getting used to it. also bought perfect match on xmas surprise as i didnt get it when it was a tsv so very excited!!! :D

Hiya,

I don’t want to rain on your parade but the last LG TSV (the one you got as a Christmas surprise) was horrible! The foundation and concealer are just the weirdest consistency, the blush is purple, lipstick orange and the only thing I liked was the eyeshadow/eyeliner duo which I later bought on eBay. Hopefully you’ll fare better with it but it was very poor from LG who I usually love. Her TSV’s lately have been a bit odd, all dark/orange colours which won’t suit the majority of the British audience I would think. I bought yesterday’s one, fingers crossed again!!

Tx

Hiya,

I don’t want to rain on your parade but the last LG TSV (the one you got as a Christmas surprise) was horrible! The foundation and concealer are just the weirdest consistency, the blush is purple, lipstick orange and the only thing I liked was the eyeshadow/eyeliner duo which I later bought on eBay. Hopefully you’ll fare better with it but it was very poor from LG who I usually love. Her TSV’s lately have been a bit odd, all dark/orange colours which won’t suit the majority of the British audience I would think. I bought yesterday’s one, fingers crossed again!!

Tx

aye i saw the reviews but ive seen a friends and thought it looked good and she loved it. well worth a go. i think alot of it is havin the knack of applyin products, when on air lauras always makes the models look good with no problems and shes only using the same stuff. it works for me so dnt worry no rain, im fairly confident with my buy.

I saw Julia Roberts say it's so easy to use she did her own make-up but I thought she looked 'dirty'. Is that what Smashbox go on about when they talk about their make-up looking clean? The trouble is, when you get older, your skin isn't smooth anymore and you can end up looking a bit 'grotty'. I wondered whether SB stuff is good for that - particularly as the founder is an older woman isn't she?

This is exactly what I found with Laura Geller - it just makes my skin look dirty - I think it is hard to get on evenly and you get dark patches which look very powdery.

aye i saw the reviews but ive seen a friends and thought it looked good and she loved it. well worth a go. i think alot of it is havin the knack of applyin products, when on air lauras always makes the models look good with no problems and shes only using the same stuff. it works for me so dnt worry no rain, im fairly confident with my buy.

haha...nice one!

I found the fdn so hard to apply that I only used it twice before sending it back. The fact that it was sitting next to all my makeup and I just didn't want to use it was good enough for me. The reviews on QVC are so mixed, was the same when it came out in the US. Am hoping SUnday's one will be better!

Tx

I bought the kit in fair. I do love LG's products. And yet I'm not a Smashbox fan - foundations just so not my shades. Funny how we're all so different, but that's good. Love LG makeup - couldn't be without the baked products - adore them all.:10::10:

Latest posts

Back