Size of a Product

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilian

Registered Shopper
:thinking:I have just receievd my Ultrasun. I ordered the 500ml size.

I may be deluded but to me the bottle looked a lot bigger when they were demonstrating it. Does anyone else feel this ? I seriously wonder if they use model sizes to make stuff look bigger than it really is This is not the first time I have wondered about this.:confused:

i also have this and dont think the bottle is as big as it looked on the telly.

I know they say this product lasts weeks and weeks for a large amount of people but I am taking this on holiday just for me, dont know whether there will be enough for more than 1 person for a fortnight

I also bought my son the spf30 ultrasun spray they arrived today and are tiny, said would last 1 person 4 weeks each bottle, cant see it myself but am hoping that the 2 sprays last him a fortnight

Mine came this morning too, and i suppose it does look a bit littler than I expected, but as far as being enough for a two weeks hol for one it'll be more than enough 5 or 6 pumps a day is all you need for your whole body.

A 500ml bottle defo lasts a 2 week hol for 2 people, we also took it on another weeks hol and I think we still had some left.

I did use up the after sun though in the first holiday!

A 500ml bottle lasts Mr Hut and I about 12 days in the Floridian sunshine.

We also take a 125 or 250ml of the Ultrasun Sport and decant that into the pump container

they ARE all tiny though. ive long held a view that 99% of people who are on telly are there because of some kind on of inferiority complex about their height.

It doesn't matter how big the bottle is though, if it contains 500ml then it contains 500ml. I always try to make sure I know how many ML I am getting for my money, rather than looking at how big the container is.

It's not how big it is: it's what you do with it that counts.

Yeah, right... :wink:

It doesn't matter how big the bottle is though, if it contains 500ml then it contains 500ml. I always try to make sure I know how many ML I am getting for my money, rather than looking at how big the container is.

Yes i agree with you and they do bang on about it being 500ml during the sales pitch......unlike with the bare escentuals 'full size' foundation they try and trick people into buying (usually in a kit). You never hear them say 'this is the full size, a massive 2ml of powder!.

I didn't buy the BE TSV last Thursday but I left a review criticising Alison Young who stated that all 7 pieces in the kit were full sized when in fact when asked by someone on her FB page about the size of the Mineral Veil Lee Etheridge said that it was a medium sized Mineral Veil (I worked out also the mineral veil in that kit is a smaller size than one you get in the starter kits) alas my review was rejected!!!

There is a forum on the front page called 'Product Reviews'
Post your Q rejected review there.
Not only will you get your frustration out, but what you had to say WILL actually appear in print.

There are two products that shocked me where the size is misleading:

Gatineau Age Benefit serum - £57 for 25mls, don't think I have come across such a large container for so little amount of product!
Worse of the lot Revitalash £53.16 for only 2.5ml!!! yet looks the size of the average mascara. That's half a teaspoon! :sweat:

Blimey Cripes MsT, for a minute then I thought I'd read that someone was selling 2.5ml of eye gunk for 50 odd squiddlydoos.
I must need to get my contact lenses changed.

Ha, ha! Super Bargain Hunter (ok, I made that bit up!) new item to be shown on air is the Revitalash RevitaBrow a whopping 3ml for £62.16 plus 3.95 p+p.....wonder what size crate that will be shipped in? :thinking:

A 500ml bottle defo lasts a 2 week hol for 2 people, we also took it on another weeks hol and I think we still had some left.

I did use up the after sun though in the first holiday!

Surely that depends on the size of the people - for instance, the amount needed to cover Ms Franks would barely cover Ms Roberts' upper circumference............... not to mention CR's head.

Latest posts

Back