L'artisan french man

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not Artisan, I know, but I tried the new Liz Earle perfume the other day and I loved it. Feel a purchase coming on, but not from Q.

He is a delight to watch (and listen to) and I wish he were on much more often!

I think he's a brilliant guest. Really knowledgable and clearly loves his job but buying perfume is not for me. I have to try them first because all top often a perfume that sounds very me either has no staying power or doesn't do it for me. I'm definitely going try Drole de Rose (spelling might be up the creek) as I love rose and violets but I'm not paying postage to give a go. I also prefer to start with a small size of a new perfume because sometimes I like them but don't love them. I'm working my way through a few of those at the minute. But I have taken out my lovely Lipstick Rose again. I absolutely love it. But it's not a summer perfume for me.

Okay, if you like Lipstick Rose by Malle, then you should like Drole. It is softer a little powdery, candy sweet(but not tooth aching sweet). I love Caron Rose which is heady and rich or Annick Goutal's Ce Soir ou Jammais(Its Now Or Never). Most of the Juliette Has A Gun are built around the rose, I love Citizen Queen.

On Facebook a few saying he could read the phone book and they'd buy it from him.

i too love perfume, and get very tempted by L'artisan as I like unusual and distinctive fragrances, but am very loathe to buy "blind" as I have made mistakes even with ones I have tested in store. I love the Paul Smith "Rose", tested it in John Lewis and then got it far cheaper on Amazon. I am addicted to Prada "Iris" (not its full name) and get loads of compliments when I wear it. It is all to do skin chemistry, some fragrances linger on me and smell better and better as they wear down, others that have smelt divine on friends seem to take on the characteristics of a pound shop body spray when I have worn them. Guess that is what puts me off buying scent from the telly

Okay, now don't all go nuts. But I used to phone the boutique and ask for a sample of something, they usually sent it out. Now this was a long time ago, but most proper perfume boutiques will do this. I used to buy from them via the phone back then.

I have from L'Artisan

Nuit de Tuberose(I actually got it much cheaper in SpaceNK, at an event night they had)
Drole de Rose
Voleur de Roses(TKMaxx, they were discontinuing the smaller sizes in some of the range. Word went up on POL about it, I kept an eye on my local branch)
L'Eau D'Ambre
Passage D'Enfer
Tea For Two(this one is now discontinued, but does turn up on the sales sites)
Dzonkgkha(this was a blind buy from Brandalley)
Poivre Piquant(another blind buy ebay and cheap)
Iris Pallida(limited edition 2007, I was lucky to get a 15mls size at really good price on ebay)
Patchouli(their original one now long gone)

Les Senteurs in London do a sample service. If you love perfume it's worth a visit. I've been a few times and it is one of the few places that sells Frederic Malle in the UK. Think you have to pay for the samples by post service. Pretty sure they don't do L'Artisan though.

Thanks Donna. I'm definitely going to give it a try. I adore Lipstick Rose. It's one of the few I've worn and consistently repurchase. Along with Jo Malone Red Roses. But I've also loved Paris in the past so I'm pretty sure this will be one for me.

Paul Smith Rose is one I'm using at the minute SilverSequin. My friend worked for a perfume distributor and brought me a bundle of samples to try. That was the one I liked best so she gave me a huge bottle. I do like it but I don't love it so once its finished I may not repurchase. I'm sure it's 100mls though and I'm only about half way through so ill be a while!

Im going to buy something from this range for my sister for Christmas. It was the man that got to me. Im still thinking about him even today, wonder if he wants a boyfriend! Seriously he made an impact, I wish I had recorded the show. Hope to see more of him on qvc. I suppose it depends on how well the Lartisan range sells

Im going to buy something from this range for my sister for Christmas. It was the man that got to me. Im still thinking about him even today, wonder if he wants a boyfriend! Seriously he made an impact, I wish I had recorded the show. Hope to see more of him on qvc. I suppose it depends on how well the Lartisan range sells

Blimey Tristar you're loose with your affections, you're fancying Debbie Flint on another thread!

Maybe Im a bit wierd but he doesnt do it for me, too clean cut and pretty. I like em a bit more gritty and bad boy looking:devil:

I cant get him out of my mind today. he ws only on for an hour but sure made an impression on me. Its funny but if I like the guest, Im more inclined to place an order. Fickle

Latest posts

Back