Philosophy TSV 09/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loved the Falling in Love Eau de Parfum 120ml from a recent QVC set and hoped it would have been the fragrance but maybe there will be a choice? Hope so...

Weird TSV, no choice of fragrance, massive shower gels and only 1 product matching the perfume.

Not a very inspiring TSV this time around. I would have thought it would have been similar to last Christmas's or the Christmas before. This looks boring 4 shower gels and edp, nope won't be buying this time around.

It does seem a very odd combination, not much use to me. Would have preferred a 'set' of a single fragrance, with a choice - especially if it was offered in something other than Amazing or Pure.

Perhaps, now that Philosophy rely quite heavily on QVC for their retailing in the UK, there will be another TSV a bit closer to Christmas? If not, this is a surprising choice as a TSV... normally they do a big "special present" type collection, beautifully presented.

I certainly won't be buying... as Philosophy, along with Molton Brown and (for the most part) L'Occitane charge premium prices for shower/bath products which include SLS which is cheap as chips (it's used as an industrial degreaser).

I just hope that they don't have Lee (who I find rather creepy) presenting with Jill Franks - watching the pair of them frolic down innuendo avenue is one of the worst sights of the year. I much prefer their other guest presenter, Corinne.

I just hope that they don't have Lee (who I find rather creepy) presenting with Jill Franks - watching the pair of them frolic down innuendo avenue is one of the worst sights of the year. I much prefer their other guest presenter, Corinne.

Me too, not keen on him as the guest. Perhaps he's nervous but he does appear a bit creepy when describing the items

I have feeling there will be a choice with the TSV, Pure or Amazing along with the other items.

erroneously posted on the MB thread...

now "moving house" the only way I can...

Do you reckon this is their Christmas TSV, or they will have another one this side of the festive season?

I'm sure this is based on feedback that people are sick and tired of wall to wall graces in their TSVs... but there are people who genuinely love a full fragrance set of body products with the perfume to give as a "wow" gift to someone special, or for someone special to give to them.

This really does seem to aim at giving smaller gifts (and maybe the infernal teacher's presents?).

Well this is a bit of a surprising TSV I must say. I really don't need any shower gel - got 8 unopened bottles plus more than that open in the shower & the bath. Will think on it...

choice of amazing grace, pure grace or baby grace fragrance and under £44

his tsv collection includes

falling in love shower gel
vanilla fig shower gel

with a choice of amazing grace, pure grace or baby grace supersize fragrance

Last edited by a moderator:
choice of amazing grace, pure grace or baby grace fragrance and under £44

his tsv collection includes

falling in love shower gel
vanilla fig shower gel

with a choice of amazing grace, pure grace or baby grace supersize fragrance

I thought it would be a choice, didn't make sense for them to mix the graces.

TSV is a 5 piece set and each set has Falling in Love and Vanilla Fig shower gel along with fragrance of your choice with matching shower gel and I suspect the matching body lotion will make the fifth item

Click to enlarge photo

Philosophy TSV.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure about a body lotion? There isn't one in the photo so could the fifth item be the fancy bag? I know they don't always count bags.

Are you sure about a body lotion? There isn't one in the photo so could the fifth item be the fancy bag? I know they don't always count bags.

Philosophy say there is a choice so if that is case then photo is not exact TSV so am guessing the fifth item could be body lotion, we don't know exact details yet.

What's baby grace like?

I was about to ask the same thing. I've tried Amazing and Pure Grace and am not too keen so if Baby Grace is an option, I'd love to know if it's like either of those or some other perfume out there.

I just had a look on fragrantica.com, which I sometimes find useful, if only because of the "People who like this also like ...." section for each fragrance. In the case of Baby Grace, the only one of the "also like" perfumes I really know, apart from other Philosophy ones (which is a bit obvious), is Prada Candy Florale and I do like that a lot. Actually, there's also Nina Ricci l'Air du Temps which I didn't know was still available and I am not sure I like that much.

Just as a comparison, this is how Fragrantica describe the three Graces. These 'complicated' descriptions don't always mean a lot to me though.

Baby Grace: "a Floral fragrance for women. The fragrance features mimosa and white musk."
Amazing Grace: "a Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are mandarin orange, grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are freesia, jasmine and rose; base note is musk."
Pure Grace: "a Floral Green fragrance for women. The fragrance features lavender, musk, jasmine, water lily and bergamot."

Everything I've read about the scents is signally unhelpful. I've sniffed them and found it hard to "unpack" the scent notes. The fact that the base notes for all of them involve musk means I probably wouldn't be tempted, as when I've tried fragrances with it in, my nose is rather resistant to its charms... which is a funny one, as I like a lot of ozonic and aftershavy scents... which tend to use musk.

I don't hold out great hopes for the launch event. Possibly Lee, but with the cliché-ridden Chloe Everton indeed. After her presiding over the bizarre Jay Manuel TSV launch, I'm not optimistic.

I am watching this thread every time there is an update. I lived in Florida for a while and as it was so hot and humid looked for a light scent. Philosophy was my must go to and I fell in love with it. Can't say I noticed the musk, it's light and fresh the shower products are very very nice just wish we could get a skin care product included as they are very good. I'm on the fence at the moment but sooooo looking forward to seeing the TSV.

Latest posts

Back