JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember recently when they had the Sealy matteress TSV that given that that particular mattress was specifically made for Q, that they had a couple who had 'apparently' slept on that mattress and were talking about the 'virtues' of it, I wonder if they got to keep the mattress. Now that would be a 'send-out and a half'!

When your a best selling author with book launches you just don’t have the time to get measured for a wedding frock.
Especially when your trying to devote enough time to get your body down to a size small, as she recently announced she was trying to slim for her wedding.

She is probably like a lot of us- intended to be slimmer by my holidays but it doesn't look like I will be lol. What is egotistical is that she has mentioned she will pack her new book when she goes to Mauritius?? Why does she need to read a book she has written? I think she will be taking a case full of books to distribute to anyone she meets. I think she did that last time. How desperate & pathetic, probably packing a Sharpie too to sign them!!

I see she is asking for photos of people reading her book in zxy, there are long established international authors who wouldn’t come out with crap like that.

I reckon JRs wedding dress will be purple, that’s her favourite colour, football teams colour, but most of all QVCs colour, so there’ll be purple there somewhere. I’ll only find out from here, I wouldn’t give the narcissistic, vain, bragging, aggressive woman one second of my time.

She might be dressed for the wedding in QVC stuff head to toe including make up, hair products etc. Perfect opportunity for her to ‘showcase’ them in a wedding special blog or even a show. For a fee of course.

My present guilty pleasure is reading those stories of brides demands (eg all bridesmaids must be same height so either flats or 7 inch heels!). I think they are mostly Americans who seem to have a lot of bridesmaids and they have to buy their own outfits, but it makes me wonder what JR will be like as a bridezilla.

She is probably like a lot of us- intended to be slimmer by my holidays but it doesn't look like I will be lol. What is egotistical is that she has mentioned she will pack her new book when she goes to Mauritius?? Why does she need to read a book she has written? I think she will be taking a case full of books to distribute to anyone she meets. I think she did that last time. How desperate & pathetic, probably packing a Sharpie too to sign them!!

Years ago didn’t she leave one of her first books at the Sandy Lane hotel in Barbados book library. Don’t know if I’m dreaming or not but did someone approach her there or contacted her when she got home. I’m sure there was something about her and her book.

I reckon JRs wedding dress will be purple, that’s her favourite colour, football teams colour, but most of all QVCs colour, so there’ll be purple there somewhere. I’ll only find out from here, I wouldn’t give the narcissistic, vain, bragging, aggressive woman one second of my time.

I know that there's a place for me in Hell :devil: but all I could think of when I read your post was a Ribena advert with all those little berry people.

Even I who doesn’t have animals and apart from cats am a little wary of them knows that it is totally unacceptable, and has been for many many years, to encourage the use of animals in this way never mind a vegetarian like JR.

I would include (although obviously not cruel just stupid) people who dress their animals in frocks with hair ornaments etc and carry them around in a handbag.

Years ago didn’t she leave one of her first books at the Sandy Lane hotel in Barbados book library. Don’t know if I’m dreaming or not but did someone approach her there or contacted her when she got home. I’m sure there was something about her and her book.

That is why I don't go to Sandy Lane any more. What with Julia and the Rooneys, it's soooo downmarket. Actually I haven't been to Sandy Lane, it's far too cheap but I have been to Barbados. Didn't see Ms Roberts though if she was even there.

CC (hope that didn't sound braggy :mysmilie_11:)

I've just seen my sweet, but QVC-obsessed neighbour, she liked my new flipflops & told me, HOLD THE FRONT PAGE, that Queen Julia will be wearing toe posts on her wedding day. Who'd have thought it?

Sorry, but I find her vile. Her description and acceptance of Bruce the green monkey who was brought to the beach on a harness and lead every day made me feel sick. That’s apart from the boasting about the damned book and her beauty regime.

Yes Evie, makes you want to throw up. Well I have had SPF50 on my face this last few weeks and I have not got any colour. I am having to use the Benefit Bronzer,the new lighter shade. I got it from Boots NOT QVC.

Last edited:
I would include (although obviously not cruel just stupid) people who dress their animals in frocks with hair ornaments etc and carry them around in a handbag.

I bought Bryan a Christmas jumper a year or two and he just rolled around in the park and bit it off. He just won't have it wearing any kind of clothes. As for being carried around in a handbag, oh the shame!!! (Bryan's the dog BTW).

CC

Turned on Q to find Julia posing in a B&W hour in jewelled hair clip. Right on time to hear here say talking to mum who unfortunately can’t make it out to Mauritius for the wedding. We were talking about the wedding dress and she asked about the jewellery for my wedding day, and that I was going to talk to Simon about it, but thinking to wear a hair clip. She rang me the next day saying she’d been thinking about it all night and that she’d like to treat me to a B&W hair clip to wear on my wedding day, so I hope she’s watching. Cue product shot .......the makeup artist said are you aware of how much hair you have, that hair clip is not going to fit in your hair...wrong it’s a B&W hair clip.

I bought Bryan a Christmas jumper a year or two and he just rolled around in the park and bit it off. He just won't have it wearing any kind of clothes. As for being carried around in a handbag, oh the shame!!! (Bryan's the dog BTW).

CC

Phew! Getting a bit worried there CC till I got the end, . :mysmilie_17:

Julia Roberts will be expecting lots of air time, compliments and freebies for her wedding, it’s what she’s been used to for twenty six years, and her delusions of grandeur puts her way above the rest of us. Just read Dream Girls comment and it doesn’t surprise me in the least that she’ll have her wedding without her mother. I really do dislike Julia Roberts.

Julia Roberts will be expecting lots of air time, compliments and freebies for her wedding, it’s what she’s been used to for twenty six years, and her delusions of grandeur puts her way above the rest of us. Just read Dream Girls comment and it doesn’t surprise me in the least that she’ll have her wedding without her mother. I really do dislike Julia Roberts.

I don’t know her relationship with her mother but what I find so strange is that she went to great lengths about the wedding date being in relationship to her mother and fathers wedding anniversary wasn’t it, or have I got that wrong excuse me if I have.

Latest posts

Back