Random Musings and Critiques Etc.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, well - I stand corrected then. If ITV is involved, they should be pretty cushy then! No reason why they shouldn't be more competitive with prices or have a much better selection of items.

Here I was thinking Shop on TV was an underdog outfit bootstrapping with minimal resources! David vs Goliath etc 😳

"We're a joint venture with ITV" will carry a lot more weight then "we're owned by Hochanda, so give us a good deal".
Rob was saying or rather asking for the viewers to bear with them as they were thrown together very last minute but has promised down the line to bring more variety and better brands. We'll wait and see about that

these two own it and given were involved in ideal shopping then presume some of you heard of them

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 20.21.18.png

They are the owners of the entity Shop on TV Ltd (a bit like an independent production company, though that is a simplification of what's going on) but the project (shopping show as they refer to it) is a joint venture between Shop On TV and ITV (the broadcaster). I don't know the full details but my guess is ITV let them onto the lucrative late night/early morning slot and provide studio facilities in return for a cut of the profits. You can't say you are partnering with a company if all you are doing is appearing on the channel. There's more to it than that. We'll never know the exact details but the point about it all is, this is the venture is backed by a major broadcaster, so we should expect more than what is currently on offer. Only time will tell

I have seen the odd few minutes here and there over the last few weeks. As I posted before, it has usually been Santa‘s Christmas student work loud elf helper from the department store with his dull drones, droning on, or Sonny and Cher ( do they separate to use the bogs?) with steam cleaners. Then the actor ‘expert’ from Swan & Edgar, telling us we are buying heritage timepieces from China (he doesn’t mention the China bit) from a heritage brand ( a general goods department store that shutdown in 1982 - he doesn’t tell us the second bit either). Just more of the same previous version Ideal World guff.. No clear changes of direction that I can see.

Last night they were selling a tower pets cordless vacuum, a home-tek steam cleaning pack and a blue magic cleaning bundle.

3 items in one show sounds more viable. Focusing on just 1 product (as the early weeks did) was painful to watch (but most people don't watch the entire show, so there is a method to the madness of focusing on one item for 3 hours during the night).

3 items in one show sounds more viable. Focusing on just 1 product (as the early weeks did) was painful to watch (but most people don't watch the entire show, so there is a method to the madness of focusing on one item for 3 hours during the night).
And that is exactly why the same iitems appear on Ideal World every 4 hours, day after day.

The whole show last night was a man and woman from simpler law talking about family & estate will, and will + lasting power of attorney.

I’m not going to waste any more time on them. Had high hopes for the channel as well. At least Bordell has presumably had his severe case of Repetitive There Syndrome pointed out to him.

They are the owners of the entity Shop on TV Ltd (a bit like an independent production company, though that is a simplification of what's going on) but the project (shopping show as they refer to it) is a joint venture between Shop On TV and ITV (the broadcaster). I don't know the full details but my guess is ITV let them onto the lucrative late night/early morning slot and provide studio facilities in return for a cut of the profits. You can't say you are partnering with a company if all you are doing is appearing on the channel. There's more to it than that. We'll never know the exact details but the point about it all is, this is the venture is backed by a major broadcaster, so we should expect more than what is currently on offer. Only time will tell
It is not a "joint venture". ShopOnTV had to pitch to get the slot, they have to pay for the airtime, the studio and everything else. On top of that they have to give a cut to ITV as per the projections they promised in the pitch.

It is not a "joint venture". ShopOnTV had to pitch to get the slot, they have to pay for the airtime, the studio and everything else. On top of that they have to give a cut to ITV as per the projections they promised in the pitch.
Ah I see, that's not how it came across when Rob was explaining it, so it sounds very much like the old Ideal World slot then

Anyone heard of Matt MacNamara? He was the one presenting last night. Shona Lindsay and Shaun Ryan were on a commercial presentation video about my pillow, while Bev was in the studio with a Polti steam cleaner.

Two hours with Alan Ennis and Hinge & Bracket. Some Tower cordless vacuum and related carpet cleaner. I only stuck it as I couldn’t get off the sofa after an evening of alcohol and curry abuse. Ennis had a heavy cold and his mind seemed more on the contents of his nose and sharing it with the rest of us - literally. Then the brush fell out the hoover and he seemed to have no interest in addressing the issue - only his snot issues. Two hours sucking up rice particles and orange juice. NOT ENOUGH PRODUCTS makes unwatchable television!

Latest posts

Back