Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, and not only that, but Gemporia used to say (they may even still do) that they were 'the only seller in the UK selling Csarite' - but that was complete BS because TJC were also selling it (under the name 'Zultanite' if I recall), and another UK seller was selling it under the name 'Turkizite'.

They may have been the only ones selling it under the name of 'Csarite', but they were definitely not the only UK seller selling that stone!

Misleading at best. Obtaining money by deception at worst!
It was Rocks & Co selling it as Zultanite, I know because I bought myself a ring as a special treat for my 50th birthday. I wore it everywhere, in all kinds of climates, heat, cold, candlelight you name it and I wore it. I have still to see the colour change in the way we are told it will change. It looked a pale kiwi green when I bought it and I've never even seen a hint of change to the colour yet. It may be the cut of mine (emerald cut) is not a good cut for colour change or it could be that it was just more BS and I fell for it.

Maybe Sunday afternoon with Dave and Angeline is going to shift the 'remaining' Angola Rose Pink diamond. Slightly bizarrely (!) it was the new lines priced at £1,199 to £1,499 that show as sold out once the presentation was over. But eight of the original range still show as available - even though some appeared to be sold out during the show. Must be frustrating that the audience doesn't see the attraction despite being told how unique, how rare, how never to be seen again - yet still there is stock in the vault. I suppose that it will give despatch something of a rest/less to catch up on.
Time to revert to the next bracelet of freshwater cultured pearls, though (bleached) white this time rather that the natural pinks and lavenders which have been in abundance of late!
Happy Sunday all

Must be frustrating that the audience doesn't see the attraction despite being told how unique, how rare, how never to be seen again
It's coz I can't remember where I commented regarding the Midnight Blue No-heat Burmese Sapphire they had a sell out on, on it's original airing. So far, including the launch, I've seen the exact same items (not additional ranges) on air 3 times to date.

They're so valuable they're mounted in silver 😏
Jess is telling customers don't think about it, just get on the phone and buy.
I'm putting this woman on my list of who not to watch. I'm sick of seeing the back of her throat when she fakes her surprise. My daughter said she should put a toll booth in a mouth that size 😂😂😂

I'm sick of seeing the back of her throat
Silver is for us peasants who don't do gold that often ;) But seriously, I get your point. If it's so valuable, Lorique it ;) That being said, back to the quoted part I 'borrowed'. The way she opens her mouth, you could probably put your hand in there and grab her lunch :p (Perish the thought, but I said it now ;) )

Silver is for us peasants who don't do gold that often ;) But seriously, I get your point. If it's so valuable, Lorique it ;) That being said, back to the quoted part I 'borrowed'. The way she opens her mouth, you could probably put your hand in there and grab her lunch :p (Perish the thought, but I said it now ;) )
And it's so rare and expensive it's going for £149

It was Rocks & Co selling it as Zultanite, I know because I bought myself a ring as a special treat for my 50th birthday. I wore it everywhere, in all kinds of climates, heat, cold, candlelight you name it and I wore it. I have still to see the colour change in the way we are told it will change. It looked a pale kiwi green when I bought it and I've never even seen a hint of change to the colour yet. It may be the cut of mine (emerald cut) is not a good cut for colour change or it could be that it was just more BS and I fell for it.
I think I have fell for their BS many times, can't think about the money wasted. I did watch some of gemporia over the last few days, words fail me they are blatantly bad and still people buy.

I think I have fell for their BS many times, can't think about the money wasted. I did watch some of gemporia over the last few days, words fail me they are blatantly bad and still people buy.
Until arriving here, I used to buy not with abandon, but quite regularly. So, I can't say it's money wasted. It's spent, you've got something to show for it. But, I have to say I have seen a great downswing in their selling and their selling tactics. I can't say they didn't inform in the 'old days', but 'today' they put more emphasis on 'what it is' 'how they got it' 'how wonderful it is' and 'aren't we doing you a favour?' than actually selling with integrity. Like blinding you with science and sell sell sell regardless. Hoping selling on what they used to be will blind the customers on their current 'bombardment' tactics.

Do you think that they are taking any notice of the non take up of their treasures?
This evening the introduction, one time only this is going to be possible Luminescent Freshwater Cultured Pearls. Seen on high end web sites POA (expected to be north of £20k. They, those on the websites, were impressive but of course I don't have the budget for them and I guess nor will the audience. The Gemporia 'same quality, same grade' ended up at £299 and the companion earrings £79.99. Neither of them sold out.
The earrings were described as 'bead' in the details but the necklace didn't qualify for any description. Whilst the POA pearls looked like perfect rounds the Gemporia strand looked gnarly, lumpy, ridged - not baroque but very random. And that was the strand that they chose to photograph and publish - I can't help wonder if that was the best of the batch and that the rest were more irregular. The main presentation emphasised that it was the quality of the skin of the pearl that determines the value but I would think that the regularity of the shape is what most wearers would be looking for. They only had 127 of the necklace. I am sure in days to come it will reappear across the days to the bemusement of the presenters who won't understand how they still have stock. And accompanied by the recording of David looking at perfect rounds, natural colours, single strands at !8,000 USD for the only one in existence - Hong Kong Pearl News.
When your reference is POA who, in their right mind, could think that £299 gets them something equivalent?

Have to admit my personal preference is for very large and gnarly baroque pearls, especially fireballs. I know it's not everyone's ideal of perfect but I like them. If they are white I can tolerate bleaching - if reasonably priced to reflect that. If coloured, no dye, no coating, no bleach. But I know what I am buying is not "top of the shop".

Have to admit my personal preference is for very large and gnarly baroque pearls, especially fireballs. I know it's not everyone's ideal of perfect but I like them. If they are white I can tolerate bleaching - if reasonably priced to reflect that. If coloured, no dye, no coating, no bleach. But I know what I am buying is not "top of the shop".
I understand that. I have one large baroque pearl, undoubtedly treated, and I like it. It's been sympathetically set as a dragon, wrapped around it's egg, in a heavy, oxidised silver design. Gothic, for sure, but I love it.

I also have a very large natural South Sea pearl. That's not perfectly round either but the orient is lovely, beautiful colours. Set with one of those simple pin bails, it looks great on a black, silk-style cord necklace.

Rocks & Co & Zultanite:
Cut might be part of it. I might be wrong here but I really think it's down to the precise colour of the gem material being used and the weight. I think there's a video of Ruth with Murat, in which he says that the larger the piece, the more pronounced the colour shift. I've also heard one expert/presenter say (or let slip?) that you need a minimum of 3cts to see an obvious shift. I've never bought any for that reason. Hope you still love your ring though, for sentimental reasons if nothing else.

I once bought a pricey 14K Sphalerite from R&Co. Lovely thing, beautiful red. It had no dispersion whatsoever. Flat as anything. Went straight back. One of my first lessons in the way that jewellery was being flogged. Yes, Sphalerite flashes many more times than a diamond but only under certain conditions (in my case, the colour saturation overwhelmed the dispersion). Lesson learned. 🙄😀

Rocks & Co & Zultanite:

Cut might be part of it. I might be wrong here but I really think it's down to the precise colour of the gem material being used and the weight. I think there's a video of Ruth with Murat, in which he says that the larger the piece, the more pronounced the colour shift. I've also heard one expert/presenter say (or let slip?) that you need a minimum of 3cts to see an obvious shift. I've never bought any for that reason. Hope you still love your ring though, for sentimental reasons if nothing else.
🙄😀

I have a piece of Csarite. It's one carat and in a cluster of very good zircons. There is a definite and very noticeable colour shift in the Csarite. I get the deep pinks red and greens.

I've got a Csarite ring, the stone is about a carat with two small diamonds, one each side. I've noticed flashes of reds and greens from the Csarite stone. It was bought from Gemporia years ago, when Murat used to appear fairly regularly as a guest with Steve Bennett, so that shows how long ago it was.

And it's so rare and expensive it's going for £149
And today, in the Best Sellers 'box' that scrolls at the top of the actual jewellery for sale. Cats Eye Nephrite earrings. My goodness, they are so popular the company doesn't want to part with them. That must be the case as they still have them in stock :p

From memory, I think Gemporia once had to concede that 'not every stone' would show colour change when a few people questioned it on their Facebook page a few years ago.

A family member has a gorgeous heart cut stone (about 1ct in size) - and it has very noticeable colour change in normal daylight - from light pistachio green, to golden brown, to reddish-pink.

I think it suits stones where the facets are close together - it's not one for baguette / octagon shapes with step cuts.

I think it suits stones where the facets are close together - it's not one for baguette / octagon shapes with step cuts.
My kingdom, my kingdom for a Portuguese cut colour shift diaspore.

My indifference, my indifference for a Portuguese cut clear quartz. (What was that about? Jaipur testing a new jig?)

Latest posts

Back