'Danger time' - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Danger time'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LE lover View Post
    My danger time used to be the first sign of limited stock on an item i was wavering on. I have the proof all around me.
    I now only buy what i really want because i can't afford to impulse buy.
    I hate hard sell, be it the blatant or the sugary smiling assassins, so that helps because the harder they try the easier i find it to resist.
    My rule of thumb is Will i regret not buying this tomorrow or Will i think "why did i do that" Invariably its the latter and i save my money.
    Its not easy, but after a while you get the same buzz when you resist as you used to when you bought something. Honest
    Alternatively come on here and see what other people think.That usually works too.

Don't fall for all the speil and hype because that's exactly what it is.

Good.luck
    Quote Originally Posted by YORKO View Post
    Hi Tristar

I cant really relate to why you order but would like to make a suggestion.

The next time you get the urge to buy during your danger times why not try this forum, there are people live at all times of the day and night and a quick virtual chat might take away the urge. Im not saying log on and say "help im thinking of buying something" but just something general perhaps in the drop or on the main forum if appropriate.

Hope this might help a bit

XX
    Sorry LEL it seems that Ive hijacked your idea

Big copy cat Yorko

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YORKO View Post
    Sorry LEL it seems that Ive hijacked your idea

Big copy cat Yorko
    Think of less as hijacking and more as great minds think alike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LE lover View Post
    Think of less as hijacking and more as great minds think alike.
    How polite and civilized are we

Post Thanks / Like

BTW does anyone know why this thread was moved to "Ideal World". Just curious

tristar Guest

Yes good advice and also I going to remind myself to check reviews of the product and not just on their own websites! Iv dropped some right clangers fo late.

tristar Guest

Yorko, I wondered the same, I didnt click it had been moved for awhile. I guess because I made mention of the laser product which I bought was from Ideal but my point/thread was more general and mainly I shop with qvc so thought it might be better there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tristar View Post
    Yes good advice and also I going to remind myself to check reviews of the product and not just on their own websites! Iv dropped some right clangers fo late.
    What you could give some thought is selling a few of your purchases that you havent used on ebay , then fund your future buying from the proceeds , as daft as it sounds you could actually get more benefit from making money than spending it , and then limit what you do spend on future purchases if that makes sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tristar View Post
    Yorko, I wondered the same, I didnt click it had been moved for awhile. I guess because I made mention of the laser product which I bought was from Ideal but my point/thread was more general and mainly I shop with qvc so thought it might be better there.
    Thanks Tristar, the laser thingie probably explains it.