Leighton Denny, OPI or Nails Inc?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
What do you like best?

I'm making an effort to wear nail polish again on my short nails and having bought some Leighton Denny the other week (the purple collection) have been quite impressed.

But is it the best? And do you think using the top/base coat makes a difference? Gotta admit I haven't bothered, but the finish is pretty good.

I always use a base coat, usually nail envy, otherwise the colours will stain the nails. I also use the Nails Inc Caviar top coat as it dries the polish so fast!!!

I use Nails Inc and OPI, I don't rate Leighton Denny at all.

I like Nails Inc, and also OPI Nail Polishes. I use Seche Vite topcoat, but am going to try the Nails Inc Topcoat that is in the TSV - Sazza recommends it. I use the Matte Nail Envy as a Base Coat. I use the Avoplex Cuticle oil from OPI also

Last edited:
I've got long nails (thanks to OPI matte nail envy) but tend not to wear colours because of my job. I did buy a Nails Inc. colour though for when I go out etc., and like Dazzler I still use the OPI as a base coat. I use Seche Vite as a top coat.

I tried a Leighton Denny TSV but didn't like the varnishes as they went 'gloopy' very quickly and became unusable.

I have used all three brands & for me, there is really only OPI. I have been using their polishes for about 12 years+ and I've still never used any that match them for wear & application.
I buy my OPI from a US website now, as they are so cheap. The ordinary polishes are $5.50, but you have to keep your total order under £18 equivalent to avoid import charges. The P&P is $10.95, but as a total they still work out cheaper.

www.ballbeauty.com

I too prefer OPI, they are more consisitently good whereas I find Leyton denny a bit hit and miss and I need base and top coat with his to stay on, whereas OPI i can wear on it's own.

I don't rate nails inc, OPI is ok but chips after a few days. LD is the best imo.

Im an OPI gal too, ive tried LD and nails inc and both times went back to OPI, i use nail envy as my base coat and have just discovered seche vite top coat, this is the best top coat ive ever used its keeps my polish on for the week. :43:

I never tried Leighton Denny I love Nails Inc colours and they are my faves have a few OPI too but, prefer Nails Inc colours. Can't wait to try the Caviar top coat as I find Nails Inc do chip a bit more easily than OPI

I have tried most makes of nail varnish/polish and found the expensive ones such as OPI are no better for staying power than any of the cheaper brands you can buy off the shelf at the supermarkets or Boots. If you use a base coat and top coat and wear household gloves for washing up and cleaning etc. it does help to stop chipping.

Hmmm might have to try some OPI, but I think Bettyboo has a point about using the base and topcoat and wearing gloves, whatever you use.

Mind you it always makes me wonder how anyone has time to sit there applying base coats, top coats, cuticle oil...waiting for polish to dry etc. I don't think I have the time!

So far so good with the Leighton Denny though. They've certainly gone on very smoothly and the colours are great.

Unless Nails Inc are fabulous though, I won't buy them on principle though, as I had a very negative experience at a Nails Inc nailbar earlier in the year and the way they handled it was appalling!

Leighton Denny for me too....
Make the effort now to use the undercover base coat, then 2 coats of polish and follow it with a top coat - seche vite at the mo. My nails last between 8 & 10 days from doing this and cos the seche vite is so fast drying it only takes me about 10 mins from start to finish

I go for a more natural look on my nails (when I don't bite them!!) so I don't really spend a lot of time with base coats etc.... unless I'm doing my nails for a night out or something. When I do though my fav range is OPI. I have tried the others but I always come back to this range, it just suits me really well. I would never be without Avoplex and Nail Envy, they work really well on my nails.

I would love to use LD products, I enjoy watching his shows, but they just don't really seem to work for me.

I have and use all three but OPI has to be my first choice. Have been using OPI for over 10 years and all the polishes are still the same. I too like Sazza use nail envy as base coat and Nails Inc. cavier as top coat as it really does dry in 45 secs. LD is fine too but I can't see the polishes staying the same over years! nails Inc. I use for nail art as they do have some great colours.

I have a selection of Leighton Denny, Nails Inc and OPI. Leighton Denny lasts upto 3 weeks on the toes compared to the others. I don't like the Nails Inc brushes, find the nails never look as nice when I've used them. Always use Seche Vite Top Coat afterwards.

I mainly use LD but also like OPI.

Also like Essie (having just had a manicure done in WDW). Lovely colours and very impressed.

I have and use all three but OPI has to be my first choice. Have been using OPI for over 10 years and all the polishes are still the same.

Bargainhunter has made a good point about the OPI polishes. Some of the original colours I first bought, 12+ years ago, are still great to use. Sometimes the colours settle a little, but give them a good shake & they come back to life.
I do sometimes use either Rimmel or Barbara Daly for Tesco & put OPI RapiDry topcoat on & they too wear very well.
My painted toes (always with plenty of topcoat) tend to grow out from the bottom, rather than chip or wear - they last that long.

Hmmm might have to try some OPI, but I think Bettyboo has a point about using the base and topcoat and wearing gloves, whatever you use.

Mind you it always makes me wonder how anyone has time to sit there applying base coats, top coats, cuticle oil...waiting for polish to dry etc. I don't think I have the time!

So far so good with the Leighton Denny though. They've certainly gone on very smoothly and the colours are great.

Unless Nails Inc are fabulous though, I won't buy them on principle though, as I had a very negative experience at a Nails Inc nailbar earlier in the year and the way they handled it was appalling!

I prefer opi - I find that if I put the nail envy on as base coat, then put one coat of polish, then maybe the next day another coat of polish, then the next day or later in the evening I put the top coat on - it only takes a few minutes each time and it gives it ages to dry between coats that way you get a better finish and it doesnt take so long to dry. If you do them all together it sometimes goes bubbly and takes hours to dry.

:43::43::43::43::43::43::43:

OPI and SECHE VITE

LD starts to chip within a couple of days. I have used OPI for 6 years constantly.

Latest posts

Back