Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Woo Hoo! The Dyson Hairdryer is being asked about, 'when is it coming?', yet again.

Where is Diane Giliman also being inquired when is she coming back?

The binlids not realizing Catherine Tate was mocking QVC and saying they are just like her buying all the time from QVC.

Woo Hoo! The Dyson Hairdryer is being asked about, 'when is it coming?', yet again.

Where is Diane Giliman also being inquired when is she coming back?

The binlids not realizing Catherine Tate was mocking QVC and saying they are just like her buying all the time from QVC.

Could someone please explain the obsession with this Dyson Hairdryer? I was in the HS yesterday and saw about 4/5 well known brands in Hairdryers from Vidal Sassoon, Babybliss etc. ranging from £9.99 to £14.99 and a couple of them advertised new technology too!
Someone should tell the Groupies on FB to shop around as it will save them a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!! :mysmilie_59:

No idea, apart from they think Dyson owning makes you really really special.

Oh, and bad news. Reply from QVC about the question is now They hope to have it later in the year perhaps the summer! So no March or May. Expect more wailing and sobbing, it all sounds very switch and bait.

By the time Q finally brings the blessed Dyson hairdryer to air, the whingers could have saved £x per month just like ep`s, bought one outright from elsewhere and probably cheaper and tell qVc to get stuffed. By the time QVC UK have it, I daresay Dyson will already have brought out their newer more improved version.

Did they not give a rough date on FB a few weeks ago?

I wonder if they are so keen to get from Q just to say to their mates they tried it .

Q probably can't get a discount on the Dyson hairdryer. Once they add their ludicrous p&p they will probably be the priciest place to buy it. Given probably Q only offer EP if the brand subsidises it, again that's unlikely to happen either.

Those desperate to own this could have put money aside each month sufficient to buy it elsewhere by now, rather than fretting that Q don't sell it. They are asking just for easy pays, in my opinion. It's probably simpler to go and get it from littlwoods at a premium and including the credit precautions... Either way you pay over the odds.

Q won't offer a discount but may throw in a few clips and a brush to show their "added value". I got my ionic hair dryer from lidl less than £13 and the cord retracts into the handle (which I love more than is sensible for a grown woman!)

Having seen the Dyson Hairdryer in Boots, two demo models. There are two attachments only so no extras from Dyson to offer. Also I can see if it does come a P&P of £8 or £9!

QVC US did offer easy pay but they can sell thousands and thousands of it in one show. For QVC UK despite the foaming at the mouth from some no where near that. Perhaps in a few years when Dyson have a new improved model comes out they will let QVC UK have the old one. That is what happens with Amazon and the Kindles.

This is one item where I would be prepared to pay a few pounds more in order to get the MBG rather than risk ending up with something I wasn't happy with.

Interesting one tonight.

Why would someone not want paper invoices arriving at their home?

I was thinking the same. The invoice is like a receipt, I like to keep them until I know I'm keeping the item. Maybe they don't want their other half finding out how much they're buying?
I no longer have paper bank statements though.

There's a comment about the Body Plan book by Christina Wolfe (probably got her name wrong but I'm too lazy to go look it up) Someone is saying that she has piled on the pounds so how does it work.
Whilst it's always a rude comment to make about someone I do tend to agree with it if someone is trying to make me part with my hard earned cash and buy into their "healthy" diet plan.
One of the regular qvc defenders has said she's been unwell, but viewers aren't mind readers, they make judgements on what they see. And if someone who doesn't look healthy is trying to sell a health book then that's not great advertising

I caught sight of her last night and thought she looked rough too but I wouldn't post that on FB.

There's a comment about the Body Plan book by Christina Wolfe (probably got her name wrong but I'm too lazy to go look it up) Someone is saying that she has piled on the pounds so how does it work.
Whilst it's always a rude comment to make about someone I do tend to agree with it if someone is trying to make me part with my hard earned cash and buy into their "healthy" diet plan.
One of the regular qvc defenders has said she's been unwell, but viewers aren't mind readers, they make judgements on what they see. And if someone who doesn't look healthy is trying to sell a health book then that's not great advertising

I agree she's not the best advert right now, but if she's been unwell then surely it would be a great marketing ploy to make it "join me on my journey back to full health" vs keeping schtum - as you say, viewers aren't mind readers and draw their own conclusions in the absence of truth.

I caught sight of her last night and thought she looked rough too but I wouldn't post that on FB.

I also agree that there's no way I'd ever voice such private thoughts so publicly - it astonishes me what people post on Q's FB page. Social niceties aside, who the ****** hell cares if you don't think Chuntley's current hairstyle suits her as much as one she had the previous day?! For me, that sums up the problem with Social Media - it gives people a sense of entitlement (and an outlet) to voice opinions that sometimes should be kept to themselves.

I was thinking the same. The invoice is like a receipt, I like to keep them until I know I'm keeping the item. Maybe they don't want their other half finding out how much they're buying?
I no longer have paper bank statements though.

I think it was a male poster so considering how few things there are for men I wouldn't imagine there could be that many. The actual parcels comming and the credit card entries would give away more than the invoice as you could shred this immediately.

Latest posts

Back