Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I made comments about Butcher Basso, how could any buy from the scumbag(I did say it more politely though, honest), then one day over a month later I could not long post.

Your integrity shows up the Q's total lack of the same. I detest Basso & despise those who fawn all over the creep.

have a look at people's pictures saying the dyson hairdryers are great, wouldn't have thought it looking at there pictures :)

I choked back a laugh of disbelief when a presenter said what a popular item it was, and how many they had sold. No wonder, I thought to myself... the blasted thing is never off the telly! If it's not QVC advertising it, they are demo-ing it. If they are not flogging it, it's in adverts on umpteen other channels... and if not that, then it's on the Gadget show or similar and in various magazines.

QVC have a slight advantage in selling this pricey delicacy, with the 4 easy pays (it seems to have been on them for months now, and it probably wouldn't shift at all without them). Really, how many people could fork over £300 for a hairdryer? It is overpriced, and I suspect it is destined to go the way of the Dyson counterotator washing machine which couldn't make money. It's not how innovative the technology is that really counts in either case, ultimately. Is the end result clearly superior to anything you could achieve with a conventional hairdryer (or washing machine)? If not, you are doomed to be a five-minute wonder. And it's frequently not enough to have a superior product... remember betamax losing out to the technically inferior VHS? Industry is littered with other examples where a cheaper-to-produce and therefore more profitable, product wins out against something more innovative. Paying 10 times as much for a hairdryer won't give you 10 times better hair styles / 10 times longer-lasting etc.

have a look at people's pictures saying the dyson hairdryers are great, wouldn't have thought it looking at there pictures :)

As in ... people showing their hair doo?
Jaysus, That's it ordering for myself ( not thebin mans gift , he got beers).. bet I end up like a bad hair day Tina Turner look
Now that would be a hilarious pic!!

Just in case the above doesn't come across right.
I had a wee vision of Q internet police in the dock explaining
Their defence of Basso & banning peeps

They'd get short shrift from Rob Rinder; he has a soft spot for all animals, esp dogs....now I wonder whether ITV would let him bring back hanging? :mysmilie_506:

Pat is back:mysmilie_3: Yes, she ordered the QVC sonic toothbrush and since using her teeth are worst. Can she send it back even though its 31 days? Another has asked if she is using toothpaste with it?:mysmilie_17:

Green Seasons strikes again. Someone saying can the social media team PM her(no, is the answer to that one), as her order shows shipped on the 18th and she is worried it won't arrive. Been told by CS to phone back on Friday if it hasn't come. Now, of course, we on ST.com know that CS told customers to wait and wait until Xmas Eve to phone back if theirs had not arrived. This was the other year. When they closed the phone lines and people couldn't get anyone.

A woman for the past few weeks keeps on and on about Kipling bags with leather straps. She is going on how she does not think they are real leather as stated in the demo. They do not smell like leather and nothing inside the bags to say the straps are real leather. This something like the 5th post about it. She has a real bee in her bonnet about it.

Just read QVC Fb and Mary and Pat are doing great again, Mary started a thread about Alison Young, and the thing is she's absolutely right, but there's one woman who (initials AF), as always, goes on about bringing women down then turns right round and does it to Mary, oh the hypocrisy......... so Mary if you're about, if I was in Fb I'd be right in your corner. :mysmilie_3:

Another woman having a go at Mary asking if AY has ever shown her qualifications she bangs on about? Mary giving as good as she gives calling the other woman a sycophant!:mysmilie_3: I fear poor Mary will get banned over that comment.

Because I am banned from the QVC page I cannot like either. It just means either QVC have banned you:)mysmilie_50:), or you are not a member of the group.

Strikes me that being banned is a badge of honour, the way the rules resulting in being banned seem to be applied.

Another woman having a go at Mary asking if AY has ever shown her qualifications she bangs on about? Mary giving as good as she gives calling the other woman a sycophant!:mysmilie_3: I fear poor Mary will get banned over that comment.

I enjoy reading Mary and Pat's comments. Cat among the pigeons and all that. Some of the sycophantic rubbish some spout on FB is unbelievable.

Latest posts

Back