Peony Flowers TSV 11/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not for me I almost expect something to come crawling out of it! Am not in the market for any more faux arrangements at the moment.Ms Flaaaars & Craigie are very cringeworthy so I’m off.

Not for me I almost expect something to come crawling out of it! Am not in the market for any more faux arrangements at the moment.Ms Flaaaars & Craigie are very cringeworthy so I’m off.

Me too. Didn't like to say about the triffid crawlie as others seemed keen.....

I saw Julie fizzing with excitement in her inimitable way over this item. I actually don't think she's a bad person. She comes across as being genuine in her enthusiasm and at least she has some warmth unlike miserable KH. There's nothing particularly wrong with the terrarium although it's not necessarily something I would buy for myself. I liked the olive trees she had on the other day, for they looked amazingly lifelike.

Something has gone wrong at Peony. All orders, including the TSV are delayed with no expected date given. I'm already annoyed with themthe because I ordered an orchid during a live demonstration and 5 days later they sold the same item under identical item number but with different pot and the orchid had changed colour, shape and number of stems. Reported to trading standards. Will not be dealing with this company again.

I think Julie oversells the items with her spouting and gross exaggeration. the ones on the Tv are usually good but when you get them they vary wildly in quality. I would just cancel why should she have your money and you not have your goods. at least get the postage back or the equivalent I notice she's putting free postage on a lot of her items and taking even longer to get the items sent. 5% or even 10% discount is fair for your trouble.

Something has gone wrong at Peony. All orders, including the TSV are delayed with no expected date given. I'm already annoyed with themthe because I ordered an orchid during a live demonstration and 5 days later they sold the same item under identical item number but with different pot and the orchid had changed colour, shape and number of stems. Reported to trading standards. Will not be dealing with this company again.

Yes I've been waiting for the second drop of the previous TSV, as well as this one and keep getting texts from Q to say they have been delayed, but with no explanation. The only saving grace is that I paid by credit card, so the money has not yet been taken.

I ordered the large palm 3 weeks ago, and still no sign of it. Wednesday I called CS and cancelled the Order. They were most apologetic and said they could understand my frustration, and was told if it was delivered in the next few days to not accept it, but to send it straight back - that's ok if I'm in to refuse, but if they leave it on the doorstep they'll have to come and collect. Its a huge 'piece' and expensive, so if Peony cannot fulfil orders they should step back from appearing so often.

So my terrarium TSV arrived today and I'm in 2 minds.

Must admit I didn't listen to the presentations so I didn't realise the parts were moveable. When mine arrived, there was a bunch of those air pillows stuffed in the top and when I pulled them out, the orchids came with them and I thought I'd busted it. As it is, the orchids are the cheapest, nastiest looking things I've seen from Peony, but in conjunction with the rest of the arrangement (which does look nice and the terrarium itself is lovely) I can just about tolerate them.

I sincerely hope those folks who pay full price for this from Peony direct get better quality orchids!!!!

on the qvc website the reviews all said the orchid was cheap looking. I only like the real touch orchids. there are some with thin cheap woven fabric thats flimsy. for the price of her arrangements and the RHS approval you would think she would use better stuff

Peony is yet another brand sold on the Q that has started to appear more & more frequently & I wonder if the sheer numbers they expect from companies such as this proves too much. A couple of weeks ago someone posted a screenshot on the Q's facebook page of a notice at the pie man's premises; it specified several reasons for the closure of the business & one of them was that their commitment to QVC meant a huge increase in production. A balloon can only be stretched so far.

Totally agree Twilight. Q are clearly having trouble getting more vendors on board, so are offering the 'regulars' more time slots. More publicity for the company but that's set off against the inability to fill orders. Global companies like Kipling, Skechers and Dyson etc don't have issues, but smaller firms like Peony with their 'advanced orders', need to wait for their products to arrive by container from China, and then have their small workforce assemble the pieces on their premises - hence the lengthy delivery times.

I bet old Julie tears her hair out if the container ships are delayed on route with all her precious Royal Horti replicas bouncing about mid ocean !

and the RHS approval you would think she would use better stuff

I'm always a bit suspicious of those RHS claims. Do we really believe that they inspect each arrangement of Chinese mass-produced fake flowers? I wonder if they just put their badge to a single bespoke arrangement years ago and now Julie just pays them an annual licensing fee....

I had no idea they were done in China!!! Yet the branding seems high end?????

They must cost pence to make. Can't understand why one would purchase, (except for gifting the Bin men) but whatever floats yer boat etc....

there are other companies that sell nicer faux flowers Bloom, M&S, Laura Ashley and they dont have the RHS approval. maybe they liked one flower and she just says they like them all

They must cost pence to make. Can't understand why one would purchase, (except for gifting the Bin men) but whatever floats yer boat etc....

If you happen to see any business, ie garden centres, unpacking huge packing boxes there is invariably the 'made in china' sign on the side. Around your home at least 50% of items would be China made. B & W jewellery is all made in the Far East, as are all small plastics, be it toys, faux candles, and faux flaaaaaers !!

So much is made in China, either component parts such as these for Peony, or complete items. A few years ago it was discovered that political prisoners made faux flowers for mass markets in 'the West', I find that totally wrong & because I can't find the source of such items I don't buy them. We live near to a wonderful nursery & garden centre that regularly wins Gold at Chelsea, they have a mouth-watering display area of faux flowers, I look but don't buy.

The Artificial Flower Shop does nice faux flowers and reasonable prices. Some of Peony really do look like they were made in China and some are realistic. Bit hit and miss considering how costly some of their arrangements are.

CC

The fine art of marketing! :mysmilie_19:
In fact, most things, high end or not, are made in China or India, for a penny a dozen. (We have no manufacturing industry left here, that's for sure).
Then it's all nicely packaged and sold for mega bucks, 'Fo' flahs, inspired by the gardens of the Chumley-Bollox Estate ...'

theres china and the far east and theres china and the far east. you can buy the cheapest of the cheap or the highest quality now. made in China or Bangladesh does not mean tat anymore.

Latest posts

Back