A request to Graham

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder how much Neil Russell is owed?

I've noticed he dosen't appear to have bought himself any new 3 Piece Suits of late but I put that down to his missus maybe needing some new, expensive Ballerina Costumes :mysmilie_59:

Don't forget money is needed for the smaller of the Russell's too

Oh no please DW, the Hotel will be the kind that has bedding that you might expect to find in a lovely Boutique Hotel, a really stylish Hotel and if you've been looking at little Boutique Hotels maybe in Milan, maybe in Amsterdam, maybe in Paris, maybe in Madrid, those quirky little stylish, very contemporary, very modern Boutique Hotels.

The kind you'd wear a Ballerina Costume in :mysmilie_59:

Mai oui. He done a lot of strolling in Paris did James.

I'd like to be able to say that i'll miss Neil Russell, his hand gestures and evocative talk of Boutiques and Paris when selling Polyester Poppy Bedding with Popper Fasteners.

But I won't :mysmilie_59:

You never know the administrators may find a buyer and it comes back on air.

I do wonder if there will be an iBuy style rising from the ashes.

I hinted at something similar yesterday on another thread.

Don't be too surprised to see it return in exactly the same format, with the same presenters, same products, same everything - just with a new name.

So many companies that go bust re-start with the same owners as before (well, their wives because the same directors will have a black mark against their name) and start again with a clean slate after buying the company back for peanuts.

That's why I reckon the channels haven't gone dead yet - and its also why I suspect the presenters aren't speaking out in a negative manner.

All I'll say is, look at the format Price Drop switched too over the last month. It didn't appear to encourage sales.

Failing companies = administration.
Administration = quick, cheap sales of companies.
Quick, cheap sales of companies = quick, cheap way of buying a company and starting afresh.

Previous failed directors can't buy companies back - but friends and family can.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back