Alexis, Loccitane, memory ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh I remember Wrights coal tar soap, blimey it stung if it got in your eyes. My mum used to tell me to tell everyone we used Imperial Leather, coz it wwas posh!

I remember the Anne French cleanser, that's another that made my face sting, goodness knows what was in it. I thought I was really sophisticated when I bought some Boots 'orange blossom cleanser' I think it was. And some really gloopy really minty mega shiny lip gloss in a rollerball that my long hair always got stuck in, it tasted vile really. And as for my Aquamanda (not sure if my memory's playing tricks on the name) perfume, ooh I was glam, but to be fair I was only in my teens. I can still taste that lip shine...Yuk!!

What about Max Factor Pan stick makeup?

When I was a teenager I hated my rosey cheeks and was delighted when Max Factor brought out a green pan stick which supposedly cancelled out any facial redness. I must have overdone it though as I can remember going out with it plastered on my face and people asking me if I was alright as I had a deathly ghostly pallor. Happy days!

Oh Yes! It was Hint of a Tint for me, guaranteed to bring out the blonde hightlights in my brown hair. Obviously i did not have any, or the product itself was useless because it didn't work!

Anyone remember the Bodyshop Camomile conditioner / treatment from about the same time? It was dried stuff in a packet & you mixed it with water, supposed to bring out blonde highlights. Took ages to get flowerheads out of your head & blocked the drain!

Do you remember Charlie "You're the Fire" perfume? It smelled disgusting but everyone wore it.

Close your ears Alison Y but the big thing in the 50s was Camay which contained facial moisturiser so forget Perricone, Gatineau, Decleor etc., no need for any of it. A lady I know who is nearly 100 used it and her skin is amazing for her age.

6a00d83451ccbc69e2011168450c9e970c-400wi

I loved the Camay soap!

Oh Yes! It was Hint of a Tint for me, guaranteed to bring out the blonde hightlights in my brown hair. Obviously i did not have any, or the product itself was useless because it didn't work!

I remember using it as well!

Anyone remember the Bodyshop Camomile conditioner / treatment from about the same time? It was dried stuff in a packet & you mixed it with water, supposed to bring out blonde highlights. Took ages to get flowerheads out of your head & blocked the drain!

:mysmilie_61:

I remember Astral soap it smelt nice,my first perfume for the school dance was 4711 cologne and my friend's mum let us wear hers sometimes, it was Grossmith White Fire,wish you could still get that. Also remember using Max Factor peel off liquid eyeliner which looked great for about an hour or so but then started to shrivel and peel...not attractive and made your eyelids sore.

peel off eye liner? wow! i remember avon peel off nail varnish - took your nails with it.

I was a bit worried with this one that I'd be criticised for going off at a total tangent but it seems to have actually worked albeit unintentionally from how I started the whole thread It sounds like everybody has quite enjoyed reminiscing, I nb virtually every name and item mentioned so now totally feel my age, LOL but equally it was nice to have it all brought back so vividly. However, must confess I don't nb peel off eyeliner at all, but again yes to peel off nail varnish tho. Yep to Aquamanda too, I also had Kiku (yellow bottle, gave a headache but made me feel grown up). Tramp and Yardleys ESP were fab, would wear them today if still available, found Tweed in Boots but that wasn't as nice as I nb Tramp as being. 4711 reminds me fondly of my nan so I actually bought a boxset from Boots for a christmas pressie this year, citrussy eau de cologne it smells just the same.

I used to like Blue Grass and Le Train Bleu perfumes but can't remember who made them. Any offers?

I've been trying for ages to remember the name of Aquamanda, that really brings back great memories! As for the peel off eyeliner I got some free with one of my teenage magazines - great look!!!

i too nb the free pencil eye liners that came free with the likes of Jackie or More, so hard you could draw a picture with them, yet I always scrapped them prob puckering the delicate eye area into a long line at the end of my eye, to get that cats eye effect. No eye shadow or mascara or anything just a black line like cleopatra, ha!

I remember Astral soap it smelt nice,my first perfume for the school dance was 4711 cologne and my friend's mum let us wear hers sometimes, it was Grossmith White Fire,wish you could still get that. Also remember using Max Factor peel off liquid eyeliner which looked great for about an hour or so but then started to shrivel and peel...not attractive and made your eyelids sore.

Oh, White Fire, was that the one that came in a little red bottle? That was the first perfume I ever received as a Christmas present, I loved it.

Latest posts

Back