Alison Cork TSV 12/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alison had also gone for a Christmassy, though lot less brash, with her jacquard top which didn’t seem to fit quite right around her shoulders (had got that puff sleeve thing going on!)

Bit worried she’s gone a bit far with her weight loss and fitness...
But Jill made a little speech on about how amazing Alison looks and how hard she’d worked to achieve it etc etc.

It was well meant and Jill was being very sincere (she got tearful at one point), but it came across a bit OTT to me, and it always makes me think they thought you were fat before - and places too much emphasis on weight loss?

Jill also spoke about how they can’t just “get stuff” from QVC and they have to order it just like us..!
True they can’t just take an item from set (as she said), but we all know they get their freebies.
Someone had said to her, can’t you just get an Elemis TSV and Jill said it doesn’t work like that..!
Sure they’ve all been gifted one!

Well, working like that or not, Craig was almost wetting himself in his flat as he video'd himself with his green version of the Elemis tsv the 'he got to test out'.

Franks in the midnight hour confessed she had the lighting tsv in her garden.

So they're all still at it. The Producers must be idiots if they think showing the presenters with products encourages us to buy them. er no, it doesn't.

The tsv is alright, a bit uninspiring -It's nothing you couldn't pick up at The Range or a similar store for less money. I liked the stag lamp though and thought it wasn't a bad price either (for a change)

The tsv is alright, a bit uninspiring -It's nothing you couldn't pick up at The Range or a similar store for less money. I liked the stag lamp though and thought it wasn't a bad price either (for a change)
I really liked that too, but not the shade, so by the time I'd looked around for a better one the price will have gone up quite a bit I'd say so I resisted temptation.

I really liked that too, but not the shade, so by the time I'd looked around for a better one the price will have gone up quite a bit I'd say so I resisted temptation.
I quite liked the shade for it's colour and simplicity. The price isn't a special so it shouldn't go up. However, if you really don't like the shade, I guess it's a rather a lot to pay for a base. Then of course there's the question of paying out for a different shade in the hope that it sits well and looks good.
My reasons for not buying are thus - I have sworn not to buy anything from Q ever again, and as lovely as it is, it's not lovely enough/reasonably priced enough for me to go back upon my word. Cutting my nose off to spite my face? - Yes, probably, but then I've got to consider "was I looking to buy a new table lamp"? The answer is no, so that's a good enough reason in itself.

I did not like the shade one colour when lit anather when unlit

I thought that Boffy. I find this happens a lot - I see a base lamp (in a shop/online) I like, but consider the shade chosen with it, rubbish. Also it depends on taste as well. Most of my shades are a bit 20s Downton, lots of fringing ( which go in and out of fashion every few years), so I have to hunt around for decent bases - which is harder than you think. The trend currently is the plain no frills type, but I've bought this lately that combines a bit of both.

Latest posts

Back