Alison Cork

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw AC all done up in her tiny velvet trousers today and I have to say I thought she was bordering on looking a bit ridiculous. Good on her for losing lots of weight but in real life she must be rail thin because she looks so thin on the TV. You can go too far and it becomes unhealthy.

CC

I saw AC all done up in her tiny velvet trousers today and I have to say I thought she was bordering on looking a bit ridiculous. Good on her for losing lots of weight but in real life she must be rail thin because she looks so thin on the TV. You can go too far and it becomes unhealthy.

CC
I saw her before Christmas and thought the same. I thought she looked ill and wondered if perhaps she had overdone the dieting. She lost alot of weight and looked great but she needs to slow it down now.

Oh dear … the way I see it, if someone's content with how they look, then good luck to them! As a society, we're not very kind about each other's appearance, so it's no wonder we can feel pressurised to make changes. Each to his or her own, I reckon … even those of us preferring to remain with round, pasty arms and ginger hair … ;)

They should have got Alison Cork to present the Jane Plan TSV. It would have sold out by 9am :D I think she looks good but you can be too thin and then your head looks too big. But, hey, who am I to say what others should do.

CC

Ophelia looks decades younger than Alison Cork but thats a given given the age gap. Regarding Alison the weight loss has left her gaunt and she looks decades older. If she was ill then thats not her fault but at her height that weight loss is far too much. She looks awkward now rather than elegant. She Is naturally a handsome lady and very graceful. But now she looks older and gaunt. get the cake out over christmas Alson and enjoy.

Watching Alison now wearing a gingerbread coloured jump suit.Its very fitted she looks like stationary a ruler or a pen.

For me, as I mentioned before, she has lost too much weight. It doesn’t generally suit people much past their mid-50s and often leaves their skin hanging off them. But as others have said, that’s her choice, and if she is happy, that’s what counts. What we think is just that and no more. What is a fact is that she is a successful business person, and somebody who appears on that channel who can actually speak articulately without peppering her words with literally, absolutely and SUPER GREAT…It is often said that youth is wasted on the young, and watching QVC and some of its empty vessel, more youthful participants only goes to reinforce that view.

They should have got Alison Cork to present the Jane Plan TSV. It would have sold out by 9am :D I think she looks good but you can be too thin and then your head looks too big. But, hey, who am I to say what others should do.

CC
I read the article someone posted about her. She had/has a personal trainer.
I think we have got used to people looking bigger and when someone is thin, they look very thin. When I watch old films from 80s, people that I thought were plump when I first watched it, now look “normal”. The bmi tables that doctors use to decide if you are overweight seem to have very low weights required. Just my thoughts

All the ageing female presenters are chasing that more youthful look,some are successful in certain ways,some are not.
The only really beautiful and youthful presenter is Ophelia,and that is simply because she is younger.
Enough said really 🤩

Shame Ophelia has to open her mouth.

Back in the 60's I worked with someone who said that about a lot of the models she worked with. Beautiful to look at, great figure for modelling clothes, ...... then they open their mouth and the illusion is ruined.

I speak like Ophelia I am from East London and I hate my accent specially played back. In fact I speak a lot broader than Ophelia. My children speak beautifully as one went to a very posh Private school won a scholarship. And the other two were bought up in North west London and have nice neutral London accents.

I speak like Ophelia I am from East London and I hate my accent specially played back. In fact I speak a lot broader than Ophelia. My children speak beautifully as one went to a very posh Private school won a scholarship. And the other two were bought up in North west London and have nice neutral London accents.
Me too. Sound as common as muck, though not from East London but ‘ertfordshire.
When I first moved to this part of the country I started working at the same place as my sister who had been here for years.
I phoned to speak to someone in a different department and they said “oh you must be so and so’s sister”.
“How do you know that “ I asked. The answer came “because she’s the only other person here that sounds like that” .

We had speech training at my school. 😇 Thankfully it was not about RP or erasing my Northern accent but just improved diction and I'm rather glad I had it. It helped me slow down and think before I start speaking, to avoid falling over my words or too many "ummms".
It's the poor diction that I struggle to listen to - not the quirks of a regional accent but just laziness. I think this level of pedantry increases with age so maybe it's a good thing that I no longer conduct job or promotion interviews 😁. Presenting yourself in a smart suit, tidy clean hair are important but speaking clearly is a key skill in most jobs surely?

I don't think many people like the sound of their own voice when they hear it played back.
This reminds me of the day I was told I had to record a daily answerphone message which various branches (I worked in a bank) would call. It took me weeks before I could listen to myself ! In the meantime I had to get someone else to listen, to check that I’d given the correct info !

Latest posts

Back