Alison Cork

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 22840

Guest Shopper
Wow! What has happened to Alison, she looks so gaunt & thin. I hope she is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shes trying to look trendy. Sorry but being stick thin unless your under 30 is never a good look. Its the waist or the face: The face wins every time for me. If I am the weight the health professionals say I should be then I would look like Alison Cork. I dont like that look. Like Alison as a presenter though.

Shes trying to look trendy. Sorry but being stick thin unless your under 30 is never a good look. Its the waist or the face: The face wins every time for me. If I am the weight the health professionals say I should be then I would look like Alison Cork. I dont like that look. Like Alison as a presenter though.
I can't see much I don't like. She looks very toned and is obviously proud of her slender arms especially in comparison with the round, pasty arms of the ginger haired presenter. She's certainly on a strict exercise / diet regime. Imo, her face is not too thin.

Yes I like Alison, but in my opinion she’s overdone things.

I can't see much I don't like. She looks very toned and is obviously proud of her slender arms especially in comparison with the round, pasty arms of the ginger haired presenter. She's certainly on a strict exercise / diet regime. Imo, her face is not too thin.
Totally disagree, but everyone to their own opinions.

Shes two years younger than me and I dont look like her. I really like her she seems like a nice person a gentle soul. But shes far too thin she looks quite tall. A little extra weight stops the facial wrinkles and the body looks better. Maybe its just me.

She could always do something about wrinkles if she wanted to, but carrying extra weight as she gets older isn't healthy and harder to get rid of. Good for her sorting it out now and her weight will settle naturally in time. Vets are always banging on that dogs live longer and healthier with less weight, so I suppose it's the same for us too.

I wish I had her energy and willpower!

She looks good, the only offending picture for me is one in the red dress where she looks as if she has been dipped in a vat of olive oil.

So glad I’m not the only one!
I’ve not been able to watch QVC for months now - due to Sky getting rid of it as a channel, apart from HD - but the last times I watched it, I was shocked by her appearance!

Just read the article, (even if it did break my own rule of never reading The Daily Fail..!)

She was clearly overweight by the sounds and looks of it, and I totally applaud her for taking her health in hand and addressing that by losing weight and exercising.

BUT she’s absolutely gone too far and it’s the opposite of healthy to be on a restrictive intake of 1000 calories - and to remove carbs such a rice and potatoes which are good in moderation, and to be so obsessive.
Also she’s very privileged to be healthy and able to afford a PT plus and have the time to walk 10 miles a day.

She’s also pictured with staff such as “her” very own dressmaker, Barbara! 😂
Sorry got a bee in my bonnet...

Partly informed by my own personal history (eating disorders) but also professional background (psych), but I sadly see so much over obsession with “health” (really more looks), to the extent it’s not healthy.

There’s even a term for it, when it’s extreme: “orthorexia” which is an unhealthy obsession with diet and weight loss etc...
Not saying that Alison is suffering from that at all - have no idea as to her psychological state of mind etc - but think Instagram and so forth has fuelled an obsession with appearance and body size and exercise etc.
Here Endeth the lesson - sorry!

[Alison does look beautiful and very glam etc and glad she’s prioritising herself but just my opinion she’s gone too far with it!

Maybe I’m just jealous - I’m thin but bc of muscle wastage and illness LOL!]

Shes always looked good before this punishing weight loss. That weight for her age is not good. I can just imagine how she looks in real life the telly puts several pounds on you. Sorry Alison you looked gorgeous before now you just look plain hungry.

Reading this earlier, I did a Google search on recent photos of her and was led to her Twitter feed, with a photo first tweet of her on QVC recently. I have seen her before on QVC and always thought she was an attractive woman. Not too fat. Not too thin. Just a pretty face and a womanly figure if you like. I put her somewhere in her early to mid-50s looking at her then - probably about five years or so off her real age. Seeing the latest photo, it looks to me that she has lost too much weight, and for me, it doesn’t particularly suit her. The trouble is when you get towards your later 50s and beyond, the face doesn’t take too well to drastic weight loss for many - probably because their skin doesn’t sit as tight overall as it did in earlier years. It tends to make the weight loser look haggard and drawn. Not always, but usually. Stephen Fry lost a stack of weight some years back, and it just didn’t suit him at that age. Dawn French the same, I thought. Simon Cowell is another. All three looked much better bigger to me.

Cork, in the photo, looks good overall to me. But as a personal preference, stick thin women through lifestyle and fashionable choice don’t particularly appeal to me - young or older. Probably a great health move for her, though. That said, the cemeteries are full of stick thin people.

I think she's been to Turkey to have a gastric sleeve the weight loss was too rapid.

It's a surgery that's only meant as a last resort if you are very overweight but if you have the money they'll do it there regardless if appropriate or safe.

My neighbour who was a size 16 if that has had it done and now look painfully thin but has had no ill effects she just looks awful imo however she feels fantastic and confident so that's all that matters in the end.

I think there are a few celebrities that have had it done but claim its down to embracing a new healthy lifestyle! Yeah right! 🙄😂

My 2 pence worth. I think she’s lost a bit too much weight. Her face looks older than her years because it’s sunken in places. Personally I don’t like the look of ageing thin ‘stringy’ muscle-y arms and knobbly legs you get if they aren’t covered by a thin layer of fat to ‘soften’ the look.

I don’t wear sleeveless or knee length so I’d be more than happy with Alison’s shape, but not the face.

Latest posts

Back