Alison Cork

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weight can also depend on your height and body distribution. A size 16 on someone 5'2 can be weighty, but a size 16 on a 5'9 can be great. I'm 5'7 with thin legs and would be highly delighted to be a 16 (I'm stuck at 20/22) .

Also I've seen Joan Collins with bare arms and she should keep them covered up. My arms are plump, but was shock horrified when I was just turned 70, waking one morning and as I held my arm up, dear God the flesh dropped into a crepey mass - that was a realisation moment that I was getting old. Now at 74 the crepiness is ongoing, but hey, its better than the alternative.

If Marilyn Monroe was a US size 16, that would equate to a UK size 14. Many people brag that in their 50's they are the same size as they were when they were in high school. Yes, you may weigh the same, but it don't lay the same!! Mrs Cork is a rich and (I think) sensible woman. I doubt she'd go to a backstreet Turkish 'doctor' for a gastric bypass. So-called 'white' food is considered by nutritionalists to be unhealthy. You're supposed to choose the 'brown' alternative. Mr Cork most certainly likes his wife's new look. Will she be able to sustain it, I wonder. Body fat has a nasty way if creeping back on, and then some.

she looks like she had a low calorie diet and did a workout 4 times a day. The TV would put several pounds on her she must look really thin in real life.

Reading this earlier, I did a Google search on recent photos of her and was led to her Twitter feed, with a photo first tweet of her on QVC recently. I have seen her before on QVC and always thought she was an attractive woman. Not too fat. Not too thin. Just a pretty face and a womanly figure if you like. I put her somewhere in her early to mid-50s looking at her then - probably about five years or so off her real age. Seeing the latest photo, it looks to me that she has lost too much weight, and for me, it doesn’t particularly suit her. The trouble is when you get towards your later 50s and beyond, the face doesn’t take too well to drastic weight loss for many - probably because their skin doesn’t sit as tight overall as it did in earlier years. It tends to make the weight loser look haggard and drawn. Not always, but usually. Stephen Fry lost a stack of weight some years back, and it just didn’t suit him at that age. Dawn French the same, I thought. Simon Cowell is another. All three looked much better bigger to me.

Cork, in the photo, looks good overall to me. But as a personal preference, stick thin women through lifestyle and fashionable choice don’t particularly appeal to me - young or older. Probably a great health move for her, though. That said, the cemeteries are full of stick thin people.
Maybe she has lost weight for herself and not for the validation of others 😉… just saying ✌️ 😊

I knew a girl who lost a lot of weight for her wedding and said she intended to try on the wedding dress every year to make sure it still fitted so she knew she had kept the same size/weight/shape.

The last time I saw her there is no way she would fit into her dress, it happens to us all!

The celebs have personal trainers coming to them every day which must be a hell of a lot easier than getting the motivation to run or go to the gym on your own. When I read about xyz doing 4 hour work outs everyday I think they mustn’t do a lot of things us mere mortals have to do every day.

If Marilyn Monroe was a US size 16, that would equate to a UK size 14. Many people brag that in their 50's they are the same size as they were when they were in high school. Yes, you may weigh the same, but it don't lay the same!! Mrs Cork is a rich and (I think) sensible woman. I doubt she'd go to a backstreet Turkish 'doctor' for a gastric bypass. So-called 'white' food is considered by nutritionalists to be unhealthy. You're supposed to choose the 'brown' alternative. Mr Cork most certainly likes his wife's new look. Will she be able to sustain it, I wonder. Body fat has a nasty way if creeping back on, and then some.
A US size 16 would be a UK size 20!
(US sizes are 2 down from ours...!)

Agree that “ brown” whole meal foods much better than white, refined alternatives but article said she’s removed all pasta, rice, potatoes etc which is not healthy nutritionally!

Absolutely agree don’t think she has or would go to Turkey for a gastric sleeve! X

Maybe a size 16 in vintage sizing. In today’s sizing her 35-25-35 measurements would be a size 10.
You beat me to it!

Yes it’s often quoted MM was a size 16 - usually to make the point that she was considered sexy and was curvy not stick thin...
But as you say it was based on vintage sizing. She was nothing like a size 16, UK or US!

In fact she had an extreme hourglass figure which very few people do - her bust size the same as her hips with a small waist...

(But she was also a huge film/cultural icon, held up as the feminine ideal - mainly to/for men - and used exercise and maybe even drugs to maintain that so it’s not something which was ever healthy!)

Just found this article which is really interesting - and I like the bit at the top about “plus size”.
As for Liz Hurley’s comment, just WOW!

Maybe she has lost weight for herself and not for the validation of others 😉… just saying ✌️ 😊
Oh SO true! Though the weight loss is very striking.

I was only commenting on her weight from a health point of view really.
I try never to comment on anyone’s, including QVC presenters, on the basis of their appearance - unless it is really something they can’t control such as occasionally clothes...

But it’s equally offensive to talk about Jill’s claw-like fingers as size of Jilly’s hips!

She was only a size 16 to start with !!! that's the size that Marilyn Monroe was :eek: so if people think she was overweight then the rest of us haven't a hope.
I only said she was previously overweight because the article quoted her BMI which was “too high”...
Though I would argue the current BMI of 18.5 is now on the underweight side and that’s allowing for lot of muscle which is heavier...

But if she’s happy and as active as she wants or needs to be or can be (I can’t!) and overall health okay, it really doesn’t matter!

Plus we know BMI is a very rough and often not best measure of weight for health. And people *can* be big and fit/healthy too.

Long time ago my brother went to the GP and was told - he’s 6’4” and rugby build - by him that he was “morbidly obese”!

He did need to lose some weight but he was very muscular which wasn’t taken into account... BUT the blunt and hurtful way it was dealt with led my bro to go on crash diet and start exercising and eating obsessively... Something he still struggles with :(
He was WAY “healthier” esp mentally at higher weight!

You beat me to it!

Yes it’s often quoted MM was a size 16 - usually to make the point that she was considered sexy and was curvy not stick thin...
But as you say it was based on vintage sizing. She was nothing like a size 16, UK or US!

In fact she had an extreme hourglass figure which very few people do - her bust size the same as her hips with a small waist...

(But she was also a huge film/cultural icon, held up as the feminine ideal - mainly to/for men - and used exercise and maybe even drugs to maintain that so it’s not something which was ever healthy!)

Just found this article which is really interesting - and I like the bit at the top about “plus size”.
As for Liz Hurley’s comment, just WOW!
Forgot to add article!

Well, I'm only going on what I've read. I didn't just pluck this figure out of the air.
On reading the article attached below; Marilyn wore a green Pucci silk blouse from Saks on 5th Avenue.
Pucci obvs is an Italian brand and sizes notoriously smaller than UK or USA.
If we were to try on this size 14 now, I think it would equate to a modern day size 10- 12.
Even when in the early stages of pregnancy Marilyn weighed just 10 stone. At a shade over 5’5’ - according to coroner’s reports- she was never ‘fat’. Look how Kardashian had to starve herself into The Dress - to wear it for just moments.
Liz Hurley is delusional . She herself is quoted as eating one meal a day and sticking to smoking fags. She will without doubt in later life fall victim to either dementia, osteoporosis or the big C, as so many of the the serial dieters of the 1980s have already succumbed.

Jeez Liz Hurley is a real cow. Another woman i don’t understand what she actually does other than being half dressed with her photo in the gutter press. I think those photos with her mini me son are creepy.
Agreed- see below or above.. wherever I put my twopenneth!!
I think Hurley’s boy is akin to Dorian Gray’s picture in the attic!! But I am a bit of a cow to be fair!! 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back