Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've never understood the appeal of horse-riding, sking or motorcyle racing. Wishing Alison a speedy recovery.

I loved all three in my younger and stupider days. Well, water skiing if that's the one you mean - snow skiing has never appealed as I hate being cold.

Some of those horsey beasts are eye wateringly high up. I see them trotting about on our country roads, and there's no way jose I would get up on one. Too many scare stories of broken backs, necks and the rest. I remember Christopher Reeve (Superman) ending up a paraplegic when he was thrown off his horse.

Alison is clearly an experienced horsewoman, but even she couldn't stop her horse from throwing her. God speed Alison.

I wish her a speedy recovery. She's lucky she wasn't paralysed I reckon. A doctor at my old surgery fell from her horse and due to brain damage had to give up work. She was quite young and a good doctor, so doubly sad. Get well soon Alison.

I loved all three in my younger and stupider days. Well, water skiing if that's the one you mean - snow skiing has never appealed as I hate being cold.
Strangely enough, I'd feel safer water skiing but I did mean the other one, and it's nothing to do with the cold - the enviornment is usually stunning, you can wrap-up warm, and then there's the apres-ski to look forward to... It's more to do with just how out-of-control and dangerous those activies can get. I had a colleague who used to compete in motor-cycle races as a hobby and was killed outright at an event, leaving behind a partner and four-month old twins.

Back to Alison, I remember Madonna falling from her horse and soon after, her face was totally transformed...

I hope she gets well soon and makes a full recovery.
However terrible her injuries I think her skin looks fabulous and Iā€™m pleased she posted a warts n all photo.

Her dark circles do not look bad without the heavy black eyeliner and heavy-handed highlighter. I know she is in pain and in a collar, but she actually looks so much better without the makeup.
Sheā€™s wearing a brow product, mascara and lipstick so hardly make-up free!

(Not saying she looks bad at all, just that sheā€™s still wearing make-up!)

Oh dear. Sorry for Alison and wish her a fast and full recovery...

But I do also think you have to do a hobby such as horse-riding - or as others have mentioned, ski-ing etc - in full knowledge of how risky it is, esp if youā€™re eventing and the like...
(I know daily life is fraught with risk but this is extra risk and just mean need to prepared for that).

My God-mum was horse mad until she came off her horse and broke her leg, the X-ray for which showed she had osteoporosis. Never been back on a horse since then, thankfully...

Mind you a young friend whoā€™s a groom fell off horse and broke collar bone and shoulder, recovered and got straight ā€œback on the horseā€.

Not entirely sure why anyone feels the need to ride horses around in this day and age, we have a thing call a 'car'. I think there's probably a 'horsey' clique amoung certain QVC presenters ... it all smacks of very aspirational middle-class values, like the little girl who always dreams of having a pony. That's all very well when you're 8 .... but come on, get a grip.

Sheā€™s wearing a brow product, mascara and lipstick so hardly make-up free!

(Not saying she looks bad at all, just that sheā€™s still wearing make-up!)
No, her lashes and brows are dyed. If she was wearing mascara, it is a crap one as they have just darkened her lashes no length or volume No lipstick, the faint outline of a lip liner she must have been wearing before the accident.

Not entirely sure why anyone feels the need to ride horses around in this day and age, we have a thing call a 'car'. I think there's probably a 'horsey' clique amoung certain QVC presenters ... it all smacks of very aspirational middle-class values, like the little girl who always dreams of having a pony. That's all very well when you're 8 .... but come on, get a grip.
AY has always ridden horses, she owns a farm and talked about it many times. She also does showjumping. As photos put up on here some years back of her competing. Someone who posted on here met her at a show jumping event.

People do have hobbies. You do know, millions of people ride horses in the UK as a hobby, enjoy getting out and about on horseback. Riding schools for people to learn and disabled people the chance of freedom, yes many disabled children get the chance to ride.

Or do you think all horses should be sent to the slaughterhouse for pet food? :mad:

Last edited:
Because generally speaking you donā€™t ride a horse where you drive a car. People often ride as a hobby, for enjoyment, not to rock up to their local supermarket! Do you think all equestrian sports should now be banned as we have cars?

No one knows Brissles? The wedding had to be cut off when she had an accident and slipped in the studio and broken arm in a cast, she then wore a Tova diamonique ring then her own version diamonique ring which has since disappeared. She always said she wore her diamonique ring when mucking out the horses.

Love horseriding, always have done. I also drive a car to get me from A to B

Oddly she has mascara on ??
Thats probably part of her minimal makeup she puts on for horse riding. I sometimes do put only mascara on, and definitely do if Iā€™m popping out, as my eyelashes are very fair and are non-existant without it. Aliā€™s are probably the same with being blonde.

She does look good for her age. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

I used to water ski in my teans and loved it. I also love watching motorbike riding but was terrified when I went on one. I donā€™t quite get horse riding - too big for me and a long way down when you fall off. I was also backed into a corner by one in a field which was quite scary.

She looks much better au natural but I suppose that doesnā€™t sell gloop. She just needs to tone it down - I imagine TV isnā€™t kind but surely after a thousand years on Q she must know how to apply for the camera as most of the mainstream TV presenters can do it.

When I used to walk my dog very early in the morning (sadly she became very ill and she was put to sleep 6 weeks ago šŸ˜¢) I would always put on my eyebrows, mascara and a bit of lippy even though I knew the only living things I'd see would be owls, bats and deer.
Sorry for the loss of your dog.
Hope sheā€™s at peace now...

And sure she appreciated you making an effort for your walks! X

Latest posts

Back