Alpha-H TSV 04/01/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've only ordered one as the last TSV I ordered on AD but it never came probably because I live in Spain.

As I have written somewhere, AD is not possible for people living outside the UK. I ordered one of the last TSV on AD and there was a notice in my account that they switched the order to a "normal" one instead of AD. When asking why, I was told that AD is not possible because I live abroad. Another disadvantage: No ADs, no fragrances.

Does anyone know if there is a OTO tomorrow? (Not the one from last week which is still online, but a different one?)

My main "area of concern" is my neck. I've got the rings and starting to develop a turkey wattle of loose skin under my chin. I'm 59. Which if any Alpha H product would help ?

Thanks

I always thought that alpha h was for 'problem skin' with lots of break-outs... But watching the tsv presentation it sounded like it was for everyone and anyone inc any age and sensitive skin... Is that right and could anyone tell me main appeal of range esp the liquid gold as am v tempted now ;) (I am mid thirties, sensitive skin but on many medications so also slightly 'confused' skin! Thanks very much.

My main "area of concern" is my neck. I've got the rings and starting to develop a turkey wattle of loose skin under my chin. I'm 59. Which if any Alpha H product would help ?

Thanks

You can email them from their official website detailing everything about your skin and concerns and they'll reply with recommendations specific for you. They're very helpful.

I always thought that alpha h was for 'problem skin' with lots of break-outs... But watching the tsv presentation it sounded like it was for everyone and anyone inc any age and sensitive skin... Is that right and could anyone tell me main appeal of range esp the liquid gold as am v tempted now ;) (I am mid thirties, sensitive skin but on many medications so also slightly 'confused' skin! Thanks very much.

I'm 30 with combination skin, average number of breakouts, mild acne and occasional rosacea, so I wouldn't call my skin a 'problem' skin as such, just a bit awkward! And Alpha H works wonders for me. The balancing cleanser does what it says - balances the skin, and it doesn't dry the skin out at all. Liquid Gold can help any skin type, if your skin is already ok then it will enhance it, it brings a 'brightness' to the skin and really smooths it out. If you're concerned about sensitivity then do a small spot test somewhere discreet. Remember it is normal for the skin to tingle. Alpha H actually does something for your skin, no fancy smells (which are more likely to irritate skin anyway) and Liquid Gold lowers the pH of the skin to the correct level for the ingredients to work effectively. A lot of skincare brands shove in all the good sounding ingredients but don't lower the skin's pH enough for them to be effective.

Of course it might not suit you, but what skincare works for everyone?? The reason it's known as skincare for people with problem skin is that it actually flipping works! Which is why so many people with 'difficult' skin reach for it. So many brands have amazing claims but for anyone with anything other than normal skin, which doesn't really require targeted treatment, they don't perform.

Last edited:
I agree, but I have dry, sensitive skin and no problem at all with Alpha-H, I even use the Liquid Gold without a wet cotton pad (as they say people with sensitive skin should do), but "pure" with a dry one. And what always surprises me: You really see a difference from the first time you use the Liquid Gold.:)

I think this is one brand well worth just giving a go yourself with the safety net of the 30 day MBG well worth the cost of postage to try it. I find it simple and pleasant to use and gives good results. I enjoy using other products as well on and off to mix it up and to add a bit more aromatic pampering but if I had to stick to just one range it would be this one.

I think this is one brand well worth just giving a go yourself with the safety net of the 30 day MBG well worth the cost of postage to try it. I find it simple and pleasant to use and gives good results. I enjoy using other products as well on and off to mix it up and to add a bit more aromatic pampering but if I had to stick to just one range it would be this one.

How do they say? This is a brand that delivers. And that's true.

I find it simple and pleasant to use and gives good results.
I wish that LGold could be used every night as it's so easy, when I apply something else on my alternative nights it now seems a chore in comparison can you believe it?

I wish that LGold could be used every night as it's so easy, when I apply something else on my alternative nights it now seems a chore in comparison can you believe it?

Haha yes, I couldn't agree more! When I'm standing in my bathroom some nights trying to remember if it's a Liquid Gold night or not I groan out loud when I realise it isn't :grin:

I'm v lucky with my skin, at long last. I had dry but acne skin as a teen right up to my mid 20s so it was difficult to use any OTC spot products. Into my 30s I ended up with really good skin (on the whole if you discount cancerous cells safely removed). I have laughter lines but my skin is fairly firm with no open pores. I've used facial spf every day for about 20years. As a result few skincare ranges make much difference to my skin but at nearly 52 I want to keep it this way. I've just restarted using the Alpha H tsv products that were on auto-delivery - "Liquid gold anti-aging cleanser with glycolic & lactic acids" (is this now called Liquid gold skin renewal wash?) and "Liquid Gold rejuvenating cream (in the gold tub with a press-down top, not currently sold on QVC)) alternating with Liquid Gold nightly. These are the only products that seem to kick-start a real difference but I drift off to use other products like Prai or Judith Williams from time to time. I'd say the prai neck cream is the neck product I keep coming back too, but I don't think Alpha H do a specific neck cream so I just take the face products down on to my neck and chest. Micro-cleanse is a great product before fake tanning.

The best way to stick with a product for me is to find one I like using otherwise I won't stick with it. I'd suggest giving Alpha H a go, maybe starting with just a single night-time Liquid Gold application just on your face (no other products that night) if your face doesn't react then try on your neck (but I find my neck tingles whereas my face doesn't).

My skin is tolerant of most products but what it doesn't like is the ridiculous layering Alison Young often advocates. I'd say save your money and don't buy the Elemis BPotM (isn't it just expensively packaged moringa oil?) and buy the Alpha H TSV and you'll see a result.

If you have sensitive skin patch test Liquid Gold behind an ear before you leave it overnight on your face.

Yes, I know, but could also refer to the size, don't you think? Or will there be a Liquid Gold BPOTM this year?

Well, it was the size: Tom said the LG won't be in a TSV this year in that size and there won't be a Liquid Gold BPOTM this year.

I had an email so I could have ordered the TSV early but decided to wait for the presentation before deciding. I ordered this a.m, have not tried Alpha H before & also went for the new balm.The range seems to get great reviews & watching the 11:00 a.m hour a caller rang in to say how he loved the products & Michelle ( hope I have got her name right!) was visibly moved.She seems so nice & genuine & a great ambassador for her range ( not like some we could mention)

I'm passing this time. I have a 100 ml LG unopened and enough cleanser for at least 6 months. Also the eye cream is my least fave of the AH products I've tried.

I think my favourite product is microcleanse, then LG. They never discuss over exfoliating. I don't use LG on days when I use microcleanse but I wiill use it on the same day as the gentle exfoliant. I think it's possible to overdo it and have had breakouts if I use the wrong combination. I am a big AH fan though. I've always had difficult skin and it's still not perfect but the best its ever been and AH has definitely played a big part.

I had an email so I could have ordered the TSV early but decided to wait for the presentation before deciding. I ordered this a.m, have not tried Alpha H before & also went for the new balm.The range seems to get great reviews & watching the 11:00 a.m hour a caller rang in to say how he loved the products & Michelle ( hope I have got her name right!) was visibly moved.She seems so nice & genuine & a great ambassador for her range ( not like some we could mention)

I saw that too, it was a really lovely moment, and I could truly believe her reaction from my own experience.

When I started using the range I saw such a difference in my skin after trying all sorts of other ranges that I felt compelled to write to Michelle and thank her, it might sound a little over the top to claim skincare changed your life - but it did! It made me confident again. It's the fact that Michelle puts herself forward as someone who really struggled with her skin that made me feel I could email her. To my surprise, when I contacted Alpha H on their website to see if I could email her they gave me her personal email address. Within 12 hours she had emailed back a very heartfelt and personal reply, and included Tom into the email. I can't imagine you would get that from any other brands, in particular the brand owner.

That is why I'm so loyal to the brand and passionate about it.

I'm 30 with combination skin, average number of breakouts, mild acne and occasional rosacea, so I wouldn't call my skin a 'problem' skin as such, just a bit awkward! And Alpha H works wonders for me. The balancing cleanser does what it says - balances the skin, and it doesn't dry the skin out at all. Liquid Gold can help any skin type, if your skin is already ok then it will enhance it, it brings a 'brightness' to the skin and really smooths it out. If you're concerned about sensitivity then do a small spot test somewhere discreet. Remember it is normal for the skin to tingle. Alpha H actually does something for your skin, no fancy smells (which are more likely to irritate skin anyway) and Liquid Gold lowers the pH of the skin to the correct level for the ingredients to work effectively. A lot of skincare brands shove in all the good sounding ingredients but don't lower the skin's pH enough for them to be effective.

Of course it might not suit you, but what skincare works for everyone?? The reason it's known as skincare for people with problem skin is that it actually flipping works! Which is why so many people with 'difficult' skin reach for it. So many brands have amazing claims but for anyone with anything other than normal skin, which doesn't really require targeted treatment, they don't perform.

Thanks so much that's really useful... And btw it wasn't my choice of words to say 'problem skin' that's just how I've heard described - hope it doesn't offend ;)
I don't have any acne or rosacea or specific issues like that but my medication is quite hardcore and it doesn't look or react like it used to..!
I think I shall give the tsv a go. Bit worried that my skin is extra sensitive at times (almost normal at others!!) but I will do patch test. I must admit I, partly because of budget and partly because I don't really buy into corporate brands like elemis or even decleor and tend to use really natural skincare - no parabens, sls etc - and was impressed that the alpha h items they said didn't have those anyway so think it will interesting to try...

Latest posts

Back