Alpha-H TSV 04/01/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know for a fact I could not use the Liquid Gold, mild roseaca any glycol acid is a big no for me, well lactic acid, AHA, BHA are all a no no for me.

Some of the other products do look very gentle with lavender in them.

I think Tom the Alpha Male (wink !) has good skin too, he probably uses the products. I think he and Michelle make a good guest presenter team, very watchable and very credible.

I am so tempted with this TSV.
I need a cleanser and my skin is feeling tight at the moment. It always does this when the heating is on at home and in the car.
I'm really torn. I was thinking of going over to Clarins but AlphaH gets such good reviews am favouring this.
It's a great price so I'm even thinking of going auto delivery which I have never done before.
The only thing stopping me is the fact that I get the odd little red bump on my cheekbones now and again, they never develop into spots, they just look red for a couple of days then go. I wonder if these products might make them worse.....but I suppose that's what the 30 days MBG is for.

My son used Alpha H years ago when he struggled with his skin and it was great but he didn't like the tingly feeling.
5+ years later he uses Clarins Men's range, he loves itand his skin is great.
Oh what's a girl to do?

This moving review dated November 18, 2014 was left for the most resent Alpha-H TSV that we had back in August.

" I had suffered with adult acne and rosacea for about 5 years. Chemotherapy, stress and hormonal changes caused my skin to react in the severest way. Every day I woke and knew where the newest set of spots were because they were so painful. I knew I shouldn't pick, but I had to let out all the pus and blood inside to ease the pain. It led to huge angry spots and scarring. I tried every brand in QVC and went back many times to try them again. I was then sent to a Dermatologist, who put me on antibiotics, lotion, ointments, creams and cleansers. They didn't work and I spent years on antibiotics hoping one day they would. I watched the TSV for this set and decided I had tried everything else, so may as well try this too because I had a cupboard full of top brands and prescription products that were useless. One more brand wouldn't make much difference. It arrived quickly and with tongue in cheek I tried Alpha H. The next morning, I woke to decide where my new spots would need pricking and felt no pain. I looked in the mirror and had no new spots. Day after day, I had no new spots. I bought Alpha cleansers, night cream, in fact I now own most of Alpha H products and my skin for the first time in more than 5 years is clear of spots and rosacea.My skin is looks fresh and hydrated and "spotless". I have now been given an open appointment with my Dermatologist for a year as he was amazed at how my skin looks now. He said it was like looking at skin that had not had a problem. I have my wrinkles and lines, but hey, Ive been through a lot and I'm not young anymore, but Alpha H has given me back my life, my confidence and when I think how far I have come through buying this little set, it brings a lump to my throat right now. I am so happy and proud to be an Alphaholic and thank Michelle, Tom and QVC for allowing me to be me again. "

http://www.qvcuk.com/Alpha-H-3-Piec....206096.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-10-_-206096

I only get spots if I use products my skin cannot handle, don't have acne never had it. This seems to be anything with pure rose oil in it. Its the redness and stinging from any AHA/BHA enzymes,glycol acid and lactic acid I avoid these days. I have learnt what my skin can handle and what it can't, which includes the sun.

I am starting to talk myself out of it now......gosh, can't you tell I'm a Pisces?
ive been looking at rosacea and glycolic acids and it does seem to be an ingredient that causes problems. I read one review which Alpha h had responded to, in their response they said " liquid gold anti aging Cleanser is primarily designed for mature sun damaged skins with large pores, dull complexions, excess keritanisation, and thickened skins. More sensitive/younger skins would benefit using a hydrating gentle cleanser such as Balancing Cleanser. Most skins will benefit from combining Liquid Gold Anti Ageing Cleanser with another cleanser according to skin type particularly if not accustomed to regular application of Glycolic.

i thought skin thinned as we got older.
if it has to be alternated with another cleanser then it doesn't seem such a good offer when you add on the cost of that too.
plus, if did go for it, I would go for a Clarins cleanser for non alpha days and I wouldn't know which product was doing good.

for that reason, I'm out.

Last edited:
I am starting to talk myself out of it now......gosh, can't you tell I'm a Pisces?
ive been looking at rosacea and glycolic acids and it does seem to be an ingredient that causes problems. I read one review which Alpha h had responded to, in their response they said " liquid gold anti aging Cleanser is primarily designed for mature sun damaged skins with large pores, dull complexions, excess keritanisation, and thickened skins. More sensitive/younger skins would benefit using a hydrating gentle cleanser such as Balancing Cleanser. Most skins will benefit from combining Liquid Gold Anti Ageing Cleanser with another cleanser according to skin type particularly if not accustomed to regular application of Glycolic.

i thought skin thinned as we got older.
if it has to be alternated with another cleanser then it doesn't seem such a good offer when you add on the cost of that too.
plus, if did go for it, I would go for a Clarins cleanser for non alpha days and I wouldn't know which product was doing good.

for that reason, I'm out.

I think you misunderstood something: In the TSV there is "the" Liquid Gold as a liquid and n o t the Liquid Gold Cleanser, but the Balancing Cleanser which is very gentle by the way and doesn't contain any glycolic acid.

Of course if you are suffering from rosacea that's a reason to stay away from the Liquid Gold.

Last edited:
Thank you Ani, what am I like? Doh. I haven't seen the presentations on qvc so it might be worth watching if I can get the TV controls off oh :)

I don't suffer rosacea all the time. I just get the odd bump at the top of one cheekbone as soon as I get one I know it will go in a couple of days but one will follow on the on the other side as the first clears up. I have also noticed two tiny broken capillaries at the side of my nose too. That will teach me to look in a 5x magnification mirror!

I would recommend getting it anyway. You will probably be fine with all three products but if you find an adverse reaction from the liquid gold you can return the set or keep using the other products on your face and use up the liquid gold elsewhere on your body even if only on your hands.

Well, with rosacea I wouldn't buy it to be honest. Even it is just occasionally.
On the other hand: If you are very tempted then there is the 30 days MBG, i.e., in case you have a reaction from the products you can return them and get the money back. As always, it is all up to you.:)

Last edited:
I watched a review on Youtube about liquid gold and the girl said you must use a sunscreen if you use this product on your face not just an added SPF in your foundation or moisturiser? She loved it at first but then started to get sun damage.

I watched a review on Youtube about liquid gold and the girl said you must use a sunscreen if you use this product on your face not just an added SPF in your foundation or moisturiser? She loved it at first but then started to get sun damage.

I thought the Alpha H people advised this too? I haven't seen any of the presentations for a long time, but I am sure they used to mention it. Also, spf in foundation/moisturiser isn't worth a jot! If you are serious about protecting your skin, you should always use a separate spf. I can highly recommend the Ultrasun Face 30. I wear it (the tinted version) every day as my moisturiser/primer.

I thought the Alpha H people advised this too?

Yes, they did. :)

Glycolic acid makes the skin more sensitive to the sun, as any other acid does, also. But one should wear an SPF daily anyway because of "Anti-Ageing".:)

Last edited:
Mr Akimbo has just asked me whether the model Frankie has had Liquid Gold applied during every TSV airing. Quite an intelligent comment from him, I wonder whether there's just tap water in the LG bottle on set? It's a fab product but I wouldn't use it half a dozen times in a day!

Michelle said that she and Tom will be back in March for the anniversary shows. Will they be doing a BPOTM in March I wonder?

Has anyone seen the duo supersize triple action cleanser with the eye complex on air today?

If so is it last day at Introductory offer?

Just thought I'd mention in case anyone is interested and wants to look her up that model Ruth Crilly blogger of 'A Model Recommends' loves liquid gold and pretty much all Alpha H products and she trials everything and seems to give really honest opinions.

Thanks for all the info about using sunscreen. I think I will only use the alpha h in the winter and not on Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday's when I am likely to be out at weekends. I am concerned at getting age spots because my skin is without blemish. I did have pigmentation due to hormones around the jawline in my thirties but it all went after I used factor 50 as prescribed by te hospital

Latest posts

Back