Anybody received their Kipling TSV yet??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine arrived today. They can't be that 'large' as my courier managed to squeeze them both through my letterbox!! I haven't had a chance to open them yet, am up to my eyes in cake batter (doing a cake sale in work tomorrow for MS). By the sounds of it, the white one I ordered will turn out to be cream, and may be too small for my hand luggage needs :-( Oh well, let's get this last batch of muffins sorted and I can go and investigate :) On the plus side, my red lacquer Fairfax is just absolutely stunning! I am using it for work, so I may order the the black lacquer - I loves it :tongue:

I'm always amazed by how tiny my Kipling bags are when they arrive - the first thing OH said when he saw the presentation and I remarked on the nice roomy size was "But how big is that person holding it?" which is fair enough as MF is tiiiiiny. I'm still waiting for mine at the moment. I really want the Gray in cafe latte. *must stop*

Mine arrived today. They can't be that 'large' as my courier managed to squeeze them both through my letterbox!! I haven't had a chance to open them yet, am up to my eyes in cake batter (doing a cake sale in work tomorrow for MS). By the sounds of it, the white one I ordered will turn out to be cream, and may be too small for my hand luggage needs :-( Oh well, let's get this last batch of muffins sorted and I can go and investigate :) On the plus side, my red lacquer Fairfax is just absolutely stunning! I am using it for work, so I may order the the black lacquer - I loves it :tongue:

I find that the Kipling Kos is the perfect handluggage for onboard aircraft. I have two now - one I bought years ago, is still perfect and has travelled thousands of miles, and another I bought from Amazon in purple to be used as 'back-up' should the first one conk out for any reason.

Sorry, forgot to mention, - on the Kipling Kos there is the added feature of the all important trolley sleeve on the back, enabling you to slide it over the handle of a suitcase. Very few Kipling bags have this addition.

I had a brief look at mine last night. Am not raving :sad: The 'white' is the nicest, although I find the design very boring :-( I am not fussed on the tangerine, the fabric just reminds me of cheap canvas holdalls. No, apart from the lacquer finish, I think that's my very short lived love affair with Kipling over! Roll on LG this weekend, lol :clapping: Although I doubt very much it's going to be hand luggage fodder!! :cheeky:

just to put the cat amongst the pigeons and suggesting another sports bag: I use the Kipling Robin, the large one. It holds even enough to go away for a weekend, and even took it for a long weekend - and is lovely. The straps are long enough to go over your shoulder, and it has been washed many, many times and still looks great.

5ceedc67-ce0c-3fa0.jpg
Hi to you all, I am new here and have been reading the forum for a while, but loving my kipling bags have decided to register and write something.

I did not buy the recent TSV, but I have my favourite Defea, not bought from QVC, a New Raisin...ditto... And an Adley, bought from QVC when it was a TSV. Also a fan of the Brownie purse, and recently bought the Breezer set so I could give the purse, which I already have and use to death, as a gift to my mum. This prompted me to post about the exclusive to QVC Breezer, which I have owned previously, in a different colour, but gave away. Both Breezers, in different shades, bought a year or so apart, have the same quality issue that I have not noticed with my New Raisin, not bought from QVC.

Contrary to some posts I have read, I have not noticed differences in the quality of either the stitching or the kipling logo. Nor is there a difference in the thickness of the straps. From comparing my bags, there are slightly wider straps on those that cannot be removed. Removable straps are slightly thinner. However a big quality issue with the Breezer in particular is the fabric, as the picture shows. On the left is my cafe latte New Raisin (non QVC). You see the fabric is totally uniform and smooth. On the right is the exclusive to QVC Breezer, also in Cafe Latte. You will see the fabric seems almost bubbled and patchy, as if it has got wet. The bag is brand new, and I would have assumed it was just a faulty bag if I had not seen the exact same issue with the previous Breezer, bought over a year ago in a different colour. My conclusion? The exclusive to QVC Breezer bag seems to be using inferior quality fabric, at least in the quality of the dye. Maybe the fabric is of "seconds" standard because of the dyeing process going wrong with some of the fabric. Otherwise the quality and finish, and strap width is exactly the same. I think QVC should look into this issue, as unless customers, like me are fans of a particular colour of bag, and have it in various styles purchased from various places, this may go unnoticed.

On the topic of the TSV I now wish I had gone for the white one if it indeed is a creamier winter white. I didn't buy because I thought it would be to "stark".

Looking forward to chatting more with Kipling fans!

I did`t buy it but my daughter did and isn`t impressed that they said it was white when its obviously cream ..she bought it for summer ..she wears white linen pants a lot in summer and she said when placed near them just looks an odd miss match ..she also commented it wasn`t as big as she was led to believe either So its winging its way back on her next day off work ..I told her to email them complaining as they never said it was `off white ` even did they ? I told her about the distance selling thing that I learned on here I hope I gave her the right info ...she has to email them within 7 days of reseipt saying she wants a refund of the P & P under the distance selling regulations ...before I told her that she said I`ve a good mind to phone and complain about the misrepresentation of colour on screen and ask for a return label...can`t see her getting both can you? :-(

I remember Marie Francoise making an actual point of saying it was white as she went on to say that they never include white in TSV's, so she was really chuffed they had white this time. I nb in the afternoon she was on air wearing a pretty pink top and white jeans (cause I nb thinking how lovely and summery she looked) but cause by the white version had sold out, otherwise the white bag would have showed up cream against her white jeans. That's it!! I am going to ring CS and have a moan, will let you know how I get on but I know I won't get anywhere as they will just say to return it, which to me is a cop out.

amazon have 20% off if you subscribe to e-mail alerts and free delivery. but i want the coronation pink defea and its toooo expensive

If there is a misrepresentation with the colour then it was QVC's fault and they should refund P&P as well as provide a return label. White is white, not cream. maybe, if enough people complain, they will take notice and take more care with the colour description, which is an essential consideration when buying a bag via TV, and maybe also include sizing. I would def demand a return label if I bought the bag as a gym bag but found it was not big enough

Looking at my picture in my earlier post....I have just noticed something!

My TSV Adley was in the "only available on QVC" Beige Bubble Print. This print came with the same exact monkey and the same colour straps as Cafe Latte. If you can just picture the photo of the "patchy breezer" a bit darker background... and you have the Beige Bubble Print!!!

I am now beginning to think that Kipling have sold faulty fabric to QVC customers. The darker fabric pattern was the Beige Bubble print. The lighter, but still patchy fabric was used for the Breezers.

Surely not......

I just got mine this morning (in Tangerine) and I'm very pleased with both the size and the colour. The weather here today is vile and the bright orange will bring a little sunshine into a dull day!

Looking at my picture in my earlier post....I have just noticed something!

My TSV Adley was in the "only available on QVC" Beige Bubble Print. This print came with the same exact monkey and the same colour straps as Cafe Latte. If you can just picture the photo of the "patchy breezer" a bit darker background... and you have the Beige Bubble Print!!!

I am now beginning to think that Kipling have sold faulty fabric to QVC customers. The darker fabric pattern was the Beige Bubble print. The lighter, but still patchy fabric was used for the Breezers.

Surely not......

welcome to the forum Weathergirl.. it certainly does make you wonder whether the Beige Bubble Print is the result of a bad batch of fabric or something, from what you say - I wouldn't put it past Q to sell us anything and make us think we've got something wonderful!

I did`t buy it but my daughter did and isn`t impressed that they said it was white when its obviously cream ..she bought it for summer ..she wears white linen pants a lot in summer and she said when placed near them just looks an odd miss match ..she also commented it wasn`t as big as she was led to believe either So its winging its way back on her next day off work ..I told her to email them complaining as they never said it was `off white ` even did they ? I told her about the distance selling thing that I learned on here I hope I gave her the right info ...she has to email them within 7 days of reseipt saying she wants a refund of the P & P under the distance selling regulations ...before I told her that she said I`ve a good mind to phone and complain about the misrepresentation of colour on screen and ask for a return label...can`t see her getting both can you? :-(

Hope your daughter gets things sorted to her satisfaction Madaboutdogs - really annoying when this kind of thing happens. I'm rather glad now that I passed on ordering as white would've been my first choice and I do like WHITE not cream, nearly-white or off-white - I can't wear anything but pure brilliant white in clothes and if you're led to believe that something is WHITE then it should be WHITE!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334837461.550539.jpgTo prove my point. From left to right. 1. Non QVC New Raisin in cafe latte. 2. QVC exclusive Breezer in cafe latte 3. Exclusive to QVC print Adley in Beige Bubble.

Mine has just come and how do they get anyway with calling it Large. Its a nice bag and I will keep it cause I haven't got a white Kiping, so it is different to all my others. But I have to be honest I ordered it cause I am after a gym bag and they said umpteen times that this was ideal for a gym bag, you can get a hand towel in it but not a bath towel for showering. And if I get a hand towel in my trainers wouldn't fit too!

Considering they said this was £74 on the Kipling website, which you'd expect for a large bag, I don't know how they have got away with it really. Very misleading guys!

Just wondered others thoughts?

They quite often show bags and suggest they would work as an overnight bag but they look way too small for that. It amuses me because all the presenters claim to use numerous skin care products so they would probably need something the size of a bin bag to carry their cosmetics before they start with clothes etc.

just had my moan at CS about the white not being white, it being sold as a large bag when it isn't, and MF telling us on air umpteen times that it was suitable for a gym bag when you cannot possibly get a shower towel in there - and as expected all I was told was "oh dear please return it under the 30 day MBG". The item was sold misleadingly so being able to return it is too easy and just a cop out, so the lady has referred my moan to the "Product Team" for investigation - won't hold my breath! Poor show QVC! And what gets my goat is that at the end of the call they just say "and is there anything else that I can help you with" - why? you haven't even helped me with what I called about! its all just flannel and talk, they don't get involved with issues just merely press a few buttons for labels seemedly to just get you off the phone. When I worked in CS for 15 years you "dealt" with people and actually got resolutions so things didn't happen again. Whizzing out a prepaid label is too easy.

The lady instantly said "oh I didn't see the white on air as it had sold out by then, I only saw the colours". Came across as a perfect excuse for not commenting on the colour being wrong, it was like they've all been told to answer like this, cause tell you what FB has got loads of comments saying about the white being cream, loads of unhappy shoppers out there :eek:( I told the lady that the white sold out really quickly cause you were really pushing it saying how its very unusual to have white in a TSV, it just doesn't happen to be white!

Last edited:
i haven't a clue why they dont measure the bags on air. total waste of time when you think about the amount of air time given to the tsv's

I was just about to say that if you pushed hard enough,I'm sure you'd get a prepaid label.But I have seen you have done that Sppoky and the lady doesn't seem very helpful about it.

I didn't buy the bag (thank goodness!! sorry :sad: ) but I would have liked to have read the reviews for it.I couldn't find it yesterday on the website (I didn't think it had sold out???).Maybe try and read the reviews as they will be available to you as you bought it and can access it through your account.

I do have to say that I saw this for the TSV price with the easy pay on QVC's website the day AFTER the TSV day.So I know it didn't sell out?? How often you see the TSV price still showing the next day AND with the easy pay? Maybe they needed to get them sold......maybe its been taken off the website because of the amount of complaints??

Latest posts

Back