Ask Alison ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't think that expressing a contrary opinion is having a go at, or having a dig at someone.

I do think it's illogical to think it's ok for these people to express their negative opinion of something, but wrong for those people to express their negative opinion of something.

Speaking of illogical: How is it possible to not read posts you "don't like"? How do you discover that you "don't like" it without reading it first?

ShoppingTelly.com is about everybody's opinions. It's bad for Graham's business, and again rather illogical, to suggest that people shouldn't come here if they don't share yours.

Again, you have said what I was trying to say. Thank you.:up:

I'm just glad idiotic FB text speak type is not used on here, or I'd be off in a flash. On ST we have heated debate, fun debate, serious issues support of each other, heads up on good products and bad, all in all a good place to hang out. And Graham :mysmilie_503: and Sazza :mysmilie_498: to blow the playground whistle when it all gets a bit too much.

It was rude and unnecessary the first time you said it Gemma1. Not to mention lacking in logic. There's no need to bring it up again.

It was rude and unnecessary the first time you said it Gemma1. Not to mention lacking in logic. There's no need to bring it up again.

I did consider the post to be sanctimonious (my own opinion) and my question to the OP was, I grant you, direct, but I do not consider that it was rude or unnecessary. Not one of us is in a position to criticise another for making personal comments when we have all been guilty of the same.

There was nothing rude about it at all imho, Gemma was asking a straight question and I'm sure Earthgirl can answer for herself but I would say that nobody could say they have never slagged anyone off in their whole lives so what's illogical about the question Love A'kin??

There was nothing rude about it at all imho, Gemma was asking a straight question and I'm sure Earthgirl can answer for herself but I would say that nobody could say they have never slagged anyone off in their whole lives so what's illogical about the question Love A'kin?? [/QUOT

Thank you PPC. Gemma.xx

sorry but i disagree. i thought the idea of this forum was to discuss all things QVC. obviously not every comment is going to be positive. the presenters are a big part of qvc so naturally we will comment on them, especially if they are actively preventing us from getting information on a product.

again obviously not all opinions about presenters will be positive ie complimentary. i don't see what is so bad about that - in my opinion, if you put yourself in the public eye, you are fair game for comment good or bad. the qvc presenters are no different to anyone else who is on tv regularly and like them are probably very well paid for the pleasure. i'm sure in the unlikely event any of them sees the posts, that will soften the blow somewhat.

that is completely different to coming on here and posting an attack at US for daring to post anything negative. for one thing, WE are all going to read it, alison almost certainly isn't. the posts we made about alison are just here for us to read. we didn't put them in an email and send them to her.

also, the poster made many assumptions and accusations and also asked questions. i assumed they wanted answers in that case. i don't believe they were told to not read the posts they didn't like. i thought it was suggested they don't read any.

I'd like to ask AY a beauty question (controversial in this thread, I know): why are you so anti-cosmetic surgery?

Since the human body is designed to get old, tired and wrinkled as a consequence of living, the whole "using plants or chemicals to try and stop looking older" thing is hardly natural. And since being born with bright green eyelids is rather rare, so is slapping make-up on. So why get all het up about cosmetic surgery being used for the same reason? Especially since a number of her fellow presenters and QVC guests appear to have had more than a few procedures done...

Sounds a tad hypocritical to me. Unless Le Q starts offering facelifts and boob jobs (and maybe something for the girls, too), in which case fully I expect AY to exhort everyone to "jump to those phones" to get a new and improved fizzog through surgery.

Last edited:
Are we to assume from your sanctimonious post that you are, indeed, whiter than white, and that you have never, ever made a less than flattering remark about ANYONE? I don't think so!

There was nothing rude about it at all imho, Gemma was asking a straight question and I'm sure Earthgirl can answer for herself but I would say that nobody could say they have never slagged anyone off in their whole lives so what's illogical about the question Love A'kin??

Hi PPC, :hi:

What's illogical about it, is that someone having made a negative comment themselves, bears no relation whatsoever to how they feel about someone else making a negative comment - as is always very evident on these type of threads.

For example: Someone could make a negative comment about a fellow human being, but still be irked at a negative comment that somebody else makes about another person.

We could say it is the same thing, and I usually do try to point out that it's hypocritical to object to people saying they object to what people have been saying. People's emotional reactions are not logical. Somehow it's fine when they do it, but it's different when other people do.

However, mainly it is illogical because If we had to be perfect ourselves in order to express a negative opinion about the imperfection of others then none of us would ever be able to express a negative opinion! :nod:

Nothing wrong with being critical in my book and obviously we can't all like the same things however it should be the same on a forum for someone to say they find something offensive as it is for someone to post the offensive material.

Nothing wrong with being critical in my book and obviously we can't all like the same things however it should be the same on a forum for someone to say they find something offensive as it is for someone to post the offensive material.

I'm assuming you are referring to my post here. My word, you must have led a very sheltered life if you regard the content as offensive when, in fact, it was a perfectly reasonable comment to make in that particular context.As I agreed before, I grant you it was direct, but I still stand by my original premise that you cannot sit in moral judgement over someone when their "crime" is one you have more than likely committed yourself- I know I certainly wouldn't. We are never going to agree on this so I think enough said, don't you? Hope this is logical enough for you. Finis.

I'm assuming you are referring to my post here. My word, you must have led a very sheltered life if you regard the content as offensive when, in fact, it was a perfectly reasonable comment to make in that particular context.As I agreed before, I grant you it was direct, but I still stand by my original premise that you cannot sit in moral judgement over someone when their "crime" is one you have more than likely committed yourself- I know I certainly wouldn't. We are never going to agree on this so I think enough said, don't you? Hope this is logical enough for you. Finis.

I wasn't actually talking about your post. I was talking about posts in general. You know absolutely nothing about me so please don't assume what sort of life I have lived.

We are all entitled to our opinion and therefore there will be positive and negative comments about all things QVC and that includes the presenters. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. :nod:

I wasn't actually talking about your post. I was talking about posts in general. You know absolutely nothing about me so please don't assume what sort of life I have lived.

I stand corrected, but my views are still the same.

We are all entitled to our opinion and therefore there will be positive and negative comments about all things QVC and that includes the presenters. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. :nod:

Fine by me, Sazza.

Fine by me, Sazza.

Latest posts

Back