B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen TSV 30/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B&O PLAY By Bang & Olufsen A2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker with True360 Sound
Item Number: 508010
QVC Price £242.00
Today's Special Value Price £199.98
P&P £4.95

Portable style - the stunning A2 speaker features the quality and craftsmanship you would expect from B&O PLAY with an aluminium core construction, a handy leather strap and a sleek design that will make it a stylish addition to your home décor as well as a must-have piece of kit.

Signature Sound - the A2 Bluetooth speaker is powered by a digital sound processor that ensures customers are listening to a well-balanced sound profile with rich bass, whether you’re listening to classical music, jazz or even the radio.

True360 Sound Technology - this patented 360 degree omni-directional technology allows everyone in the room to enjoy equally great sound, wherever they're sitting. Whether you're listening inside or outside the home, using the speaker in portrait or landscape positions you can enjoy the best possible acoustics the A2 has to offer.

Bluetooth and social sharing - with Bluetooth connectivity for easy streaming from your smart device, the A2 can also remember up to eight users and play from two devices at any one time - meaning everyone can be the DJ in your home.

Enjoy music for longer - the rechargeable battery keeps your A2 playing for up to 24 hours at a moderate volume level. So whether you're out with friends, on holiday or simply in the garden, your A2 will ensure you have enough enough battery life to listen to your music for hours.

B&O PLAY App - simply connect your B&O PLAY device, and personalise your listening experience with ToneTouch which allows you to feel your way through different tonality and staging settings to find the sound that suits you best. You can also connect, interact and update your devices, giving you total control at your fingertips. Plus if you own two A2’s the app gets even better, allowing two speakers to be paired in true stereo, left and right, or in an ambient setting.

What’s in the box?

1 x A2 portable Bluetooth speaker - in Grey/Gold
1 x short leather strap
1 x plug with UK, Europe and US adapters
1 x instruction manual

Technical specifications:

Power supply: rechargeable battery
Speaker output: 180W
Speaker (h x w x d): 14.2cm x 25.6cm x 4.4cm (5.5" x 10" x 1.7")
Weight: 1.1kg

Input/output:

Bluetooth
1 x line in for MP3
1 x USB
1 x DC power input

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.508010

B&O guest presenter

Having just watched the B&O TSV presentation, I honestly think that the guest presenter revealed rather too much about his family, considering that this was the first time he was 'on air'. I know that in the 'presenter course' that they have to attend to make the true 'QVC'bies' that they were told that a relaxed and 'professional friendly' style was the best way to connect with people, thus hopefully garnering the sales. I don't however think we need to know that

1) His wife is lazy
2) His brother likes to listen to podcasts at work (talk about getting him into trouble)
3) His sister likes listening to audiobooks.

I know that this can just be a ruse into the fact that he is trying to illustrate the diversity of the product, but still I think it was a bit OTT.

Having said that though I am semi-tempted by the product, as whilst my Bose speaker is good, for punchy music it doesn't sing like my Harmon Kardon speakers. If anyone can suggest a compact version of Harmon Kardon (for bedroom purposes), I would be most grateful.

Again rant and questions over (for now :))

The trend these days is NOT just Bluetooth speakers, but also connected to your wi-fi network.

These are also controlled by an app on smartphone or tablet.

You can then have speakers all over the house, and play the same music on all of them.

They usually enable internet radio stations as well, giving 1000's of stations all over the world.

Unfortunately, different makes eg Sonos, Bose, etc are not compatible with each other.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this speaker will soon be replaced by a wi-fi enabled one, therefore so "cheap" (if £200 for a small speaker is cheap).

I am using the Bose Soundtouch system, and currently have 4 speakers in different rooms that can play together, but none of my earlier Bose Bluetooth speakers that were not wi-fi enabled. So I am locked in to Bose.

Re your first comments, I thought the guest looked far too relaxed, slouching back in his chair.

I've just bought the B&O one hubby has bought the sonos system but it's crap for me I love the radio but it is unreliable keeps going off and I have to switch back on my roberts. It won't play music directly from your phone or ipad has to go through your sonos library. It also takes too long to turn down if the phone rings etc. I rarely use it now and what use is simultaneous music around the house anyway!

Did have a little chuckle yesterday at Craig accidentally calling the item B&H and the resultant suppressed giggling.

Latest posts

Back