Bare Minerals TSV 30/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just bought mine, don't need auto delivery as I use other foundations as well - depending on what I feel like and I have most of the brushes too.
I bought the Bare Satin shade - I am medium beige, suede in new complexion rescue, and R310 in ready - if that helps anybody choosing shades.

Hia,

I'm fairly light in the original and vanilla in complexion rescue too and went for the Bare linen. I asked for a sample in Debenhams and was given a measly amount in a leaflet but it was just enough to see that the colour was a perfect match and I LOVED the foundation. If it helps I have combination skin with a few dry patches and an oily T zone and this foundation lasted well on me. I'm usually the second from the lightest in most foundations and have a neutral complexion with yellow undertones. Hope this helps you as there's nothing worse than struggling for ages before ordering! Oh god hope it won't be too dark for you after all that lol! x

I'm the 2nd lightest shade in foundations too but I have a cool undertone. I think I am going to go for bare Linen too as porcelain will probably be too pale.

Just watched the launch and the colours have really confused me. Debbie looks lovely, but Courtney (in the colour I'd normally go for) is looking too pale.

Help! I'm normally second lightest, but have an in-between-shade problem most of the time. I've been quite happy with the new touch pad foundation from Mally in Light (but it hasn't lasted very long!). Vanilla in BM Complexion Rescue washes me out a little, but that might just be the usual white-out effect from the mineral sunscreen.

ETA: 15 minutes in and Courtney now looks good. Is it one of those settle-down-in-five-minutes foundations?

I regularly use this foundation - Bare Latte in the summer months and bare natural in the winter - I'm sure I'm not the only one who's skin tone changes with the seasons - so I'm not really sure about why they do auto delivery on foundations without allowing you to change your selected shade.

I would buy this TSV but I have no desire for any of the add-on products , so if anyone is wanting to buy this purely for the non foundation stuff, please PM me and I'll split the costs - otherwise, I'll keep my eyes open on ebay for the inevitable fallout :)

Oh out of interest, BM are bringing a new foundation out in the UK Autumn time. Its a blemish helping one, to sooth and calm spots and help make pores smaller(the latter is a joke, as I cannot see any makeup product doing that), its in the original powder style.

Oh out of interest, BM are bringing a new foundation out in the UK Autumn time. Its a blemish helping one, to sooth and calm spots and help make pores smaller(the latter is a joke, as I cannot see any makeup product doing that), its in the original powder style.

It really bugs me when make up companies claim make up can help to improve blemishes or acne. A buffing motion on your skin with a brush, effectively rubbing in foundation can never help to improve blemish prone skin.
Whatever BM say, no make up can help your skin improve, nor is it"healthy and good for your skin". I use direct quotes as Lee says that all the time. There will just be some make up that is less bad for your skin than others. The only thing that improves the skin is not wearing any make up at all.

Last edited:
This is a lovely TSV but I am not getting it. I am loving the complexion rescue at the moment it goes on so easily and blends smoothly. I also have the Bareskin which is nice but more of an Evening look for me. I was tempted to get it for the brush but the reviews are a bit hit and miss on the BM website, people saying the brush head is really small.

I'm watching a presentation now, and am shocked at how dreadful the models look.
They've all been put in too light a foundation shade and look ill in it. Pasty.
And the lipgloss alone is so shiny and light toned it is blanking out their mouths.

Debra Anne looks like a ghost, Delina has a grey cast. And Nalintha is too pale and looks jaundiced.

I'm really surprised that they are doing this - I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the makeup, they've just put the wrong shades on the models.

(And it ain't my TV. All the non BM makeup looks great.)

I'm watching a presentation now, and am shocked at how dreadful the models look.
And the lipgloss alone is so shiny and light toned it is blanking out their mouths.

Debra Anne looks like a ghost, Delina has a grey cast. And Nalintha is too pale and looks jaundiced.

I'm really surprised that they are doing this - I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the makeup, they've just put the wrong shades on the models.

I totally agree couldn't believe how Debby looked 20 years older completely the wrong shade and emphasised any lines and wrinkles dreadfull.

I've gone for it and on AD .I'm worried I might be using my MBG but I really like BM products so it's a good opportunity to try this . The reviews are extremely mixed though.....

I totally agree couldn't believe how Debby looked 20 years older completely the wrong shade and emphasised any lines and wrinkles dreadfull.

I actually Googled her for her age last week. She was on another make-up show and I was surprised at how many wrinkles she had in the close-ups. She has a youthful, pretty face so to see quite deep wrinkles is a shock.

I think it was the lip gloss that did it. They bang on about nudes suiting everyone, but that colour wasn't particularly flattering on any of the models, particularly with the high gloss shine, made most of them look washed out... and a bit strange imo.

It's a no no from me. Nat a fan of their brushes and I have plenty of blush, mineral veil and glosses to last a life time!

I personally think this is the wrong time of the year for a Bareskin Tsv , With this heat the last thing anyone wants its a liquid foundation on , it would have made more sense to have the matte foundation now and the bareskin during the winter months IMO.

Unfortunately QVC don't do the full colour range in any of the BM foundations, and the models may not be wearing the shades they would actually wear if colour matched against the full range.

Debbie Flett used to be the Liz Earle model and her skin was lovely and fresh and not very lined - I've only really been watching QVC since about 2009 so in 6 years her skin seems to have fast-forwarded. Unfortunately I think the Bare Minerals products seem to emphasise rather than diminish her lines and wrinkles.

I thought most of the models were in a shade too light, and because the cool-toned (pink-based) foundations tend not to be the best sellers, inevitably you'll get someone in a yellow-toned foundation that will make them look rather sallow.

Lee actually admitted she had the TSV lipgloss over a lip colour - so it's clearly more gloss than colour.

I can look on and just watch. I won't buy a BM foundation from QVC because my shade is one of the original shades they don't sell, so it's unlikely any of their other foundation products would be a good match for me. The only one I feel I can buy with any confidence is Laura Geller Balance & Brighten.

I tend to look out for BM kits without the foundation, and have been very pleased with the quality. Chances of a BM TSV without a foundation? Low to no chance, I suspect.

Caught sight of AY last & she just looked 'washed out' was that the TSV? I love BM Moxi lipgloss but 'Rebel' is as natural as I would go.

Caught sight of AY last & she just looked 'washed out' was that the TSV? I love BM Moxi lipgloss but 'Rebel' is as natural as I would go.

Totally agree. She doesn't use the lightest shade either - she uses fairly light. So I suspect it can be laid at the door of her insistence on using shimmery products to give her a more youthful look. She still hasn't got the message - she doesn't look younger doing all the luminizing - she looks like Data and The Tin Man's offspring! Unfortunately this is one occasion where Ali is clearly not doing it for a lark. It still staggers me that in the past 20+ years nobody, NOBODY has succeeded in getting Ali to understand that under the extremely bright lights on telly you get too much reflection from a shimmery surface. My message to Ali:- if you won't take advice about your make-up, please consider listenening when Ralph from Honora laments the bleaching effect of the tv lights on his lovely pearls; look at the fact that the bedding shown in full on the studio beds is never, ever white and have a think about why that might be... too much shimmer on telly is a BAD idea. :mysmilie_365:

Maymorganlondon AY has not listened to your wise words yet (8pm Wed show)!
I heard Sarah Jagger ( LG UK makeup artist) say to just apply powder down the 'T' zone & leave the cheeks so there is some natural sheen.I've been doing that for years! Does that make us 'Beauty Bloggers' ---whatever that means?

Mine arrived today. Main thing I wanted to try was the Perfecting Veil but it has arrived smashed. I now have to wait up to three days for a phone call and then they will send me another one and send back the smashed one. How long is it likely to be before I get the replacement do you think? QVC customer service is a joke, how on earth can they be considered 3rd best in UK?

Latest posts

Back