beauty bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
went to the beauty bash today it was out of this world. seeing some of the people behind the brands was awesome. spoke to Catherine Huntley. looks amazing in real life and so friendly and chatty. lovely lady. catherines voice sounds really lovely in real life it was nice meeting her. Kathy kangas (I think) the prai lady was very very very nice. and her skin is amazing. cordelia the model is astonishing. she looks great and has a fab sense of humour.

tova was also very lovely very approachable. the jewellery is very nice and it was lovely to smell her fragances. had my hair blow dried using the lulu styling range very good. saw the delightful mr ogden from alpha h. he was gorgeous and very informative. the alpha-h team were great fun. talking about fun emma harding was making my sides ache what a great character.

the goody bag was very nice. much more than £50 in value more like three hundred. there was a revitalash advanced formula boxed. prai gold caviar serum full size. a mally eyeliner shaped like a gun. a perricone face cream. 15 ml size, just a taster of what we got. there was even high tea. cake, sandwhiches (very posh salmon and egg mayo) and assortment of teas and soft drinks.

a lovely day qvc

Sounds like you had a fab day Boffy thanks for the report we all love reading about the presenters/guests that you get to meet in real life.

Sounds like you had a great day, Lets hope they do it again Next year where people can buy the tickets aswell , makes it more fair that way and a % goes to charity :)

Glad you had such a lovely day. I know some people were worried today was going to be a watered down version but seems their fears were groundless. Thank you for the feedback, if they sell tickets again I may have to go!!!!

I was there too, and it was much better than I expected. Lots of brand reps, demonstrations of new products and samples, and I would agree, the goody bag was way more than £50 in value, although interestingly I did not have some of the products mentioned above, so maybe the goody bags were different.

I had a gorgeous facial from Alpha H who were all lovely, eyebrow threading from Shavata and some make up from the Laura Geller team and Benefit. I came out with face glowing, and VERY pampered hands.

The loveliest people were Alexis from L'Occitane, Emma Hardie, the therapist from Gatinau, and of course the Alpha H team. Great to get a sneak preview of the L'Occitane TSV which will include, finally, some skin care! Hurray. Catherine Huntley seemed lovely, and was with Sara Griffiths. I think I caught a glimpse of Will tapping away on his ipad.

Didn't get to talk to all the brands, and could have easily spent the rest of the day there.

We'll done QVC!

I was there in the afternoon too. It was smaller than I expected, I thought that it would be as large as the Ideal Home Show at Earls Court.
To add to the above posts Abbie Ultrasun is tall and slim, so is Stacey YBF both look really good. Didn't see Alexis or Sara Griffiths, Catherine H does have a lovely voice. Cara (Kara?) Perricone is gorgeous.
This Sunday's TSV will be a laser hair removal system Tria.
Ultrasun will introduce new products this year - the Face SPF 50+anti-pigmentation, probably as a product of the month in March as it will be with free P&P and coming out 1 March, 3 April - TSV launch of pre-sun Tan Optimiser, 11 June -TSV including launch of of daily UV Hair Protector Spray, 15 July - 5th Anniversary.
Alpha H TSV is on 24 February, Laura Geller is launching hydrating face cream, not sure when, James Read Sleep Mask Tan will probably be a product of the month at some point probably in spring as it will come out in exclusive to QVC supersize 100 ml.
Will looks really well - good glowing skin and trim body.
The person who impressed me the most was the A'kin lady, she looks no older than 20 in real life, I heard that she is around 47, I asked her what she does to look so well, she said it's the lifestyle, she is a yoga teacher (meditation) and it's all stress in life that makes the difference. She eats well as well but not vegetarian, she eats a little meat. She is stunning: face, body, skin, I was stunned how good her skin around the eyes looked.
The goody bag was great but I didn't find the Revitalash in it, but the Richard Jackson Flower Food (why on earth?). L'artisan were giving away samples. LE were stingy - only one tiny sample 5 ml eye line serum, had to chose one from the choice of about ten. Alpha-H a tiny 5 ml Liquid gold in the goody bag. Nice surprise was the included free catering. I'd love to go again next year and hope they sell the tickets. Well done QVC. They were not selling products which was a relief that you were not pushed to buy anything. Loved it. Didn't get a facial as I didn't know my way around, later I was told they were fully booked within the first ten minutes (Emma Hardie). I think that Emma looks better on TV but she is adorable, Tom Alpha-H looks great. Prai lady didn't impress me with her skin but she is nice, shame Lulu didn't turn up.

I was there in the morning, and lots of the treatments got booked up but very quickly. I would agree re Liz Earle - very stingy with samples and generally not that chatty re the products. The Mally ladies were lovely, and gave out a gorgeous little box of 5 lip glosses, as were the Laura Geller ladies. Benefit were giving away a free brow mascara, which is amazing, by the way.

Strivectin were really friendly and gave a nice tote bag with a sample of their cream.

Nothing from Liz Earle in the goody bag apart from a leaflet which I thought was very poor.

Stacey is gorgeous in real life, and just as gregarious. Alexis from l'occitane is beautiful, and very petite.

I chatted a bit to A'kin team, really nice they are coming back to QVC and a possible TSV at the end of the year.

Catherine Huntley looks a lot slimmer on the telly and Sara Griffiths is tiny.

I was so intent on talking to people and trying out as many new products as possible (hence the pampered hands!) that I didn't get upstairs to the refreshments until they had cleared everything away!

If they do another one next year, I would definitely want to go again - a great day out and we'll worth the ticket price!

WOW!!!!! So glad you all had such a fantastic time. People had photos up of goodie bags over the past few days on FB. The one I saw from yesterday actually looked better. Though I am sure I saw Liz Earle small tubes from the Wednesday one in a photo???? The goodies seemed to have three various ions of products so not everyone got the same items everytime. This did cause some whining on Q FB. :giggle:

Someone bought tickets and they got a freebie from QVC, so they went both days and said both just as good as each other. So no second class because through You magazine.

I went yesterday afternoon and really enjoyed myself, would definitely go again if I had the chance. It was very well organised and nice to meet so many people there. I was too late to have a facial or manicure as everywhere got booked up very fast but will know for another time. Didn't see Alexis there but spoke to Emma Hardie and Linda Bignell, they seemed really nice ladies.
Got a great goodie bag, full size nails inc and opi nail varnish, Leigton Denny top coat, and 50ml shampoo from Liz Earle, to just mention a few so no complaints from me! Glad to hear others enjoyed it:mysmilie_14:

I was lucky enough to go yesterday afternoon too and had an absolutely fabulous time. I had my nails done at OPI, my brows done at Shavata (eye-watering, but the best shaping I have ever had on my brows) and a facial at Gatineau. It was very, very enjoyable. There were lots of new brands there as well, who were interesting to talk to. I've attached a picture of my goodie bag plus samples given to me on various stands. I think being there on the Friday afternoon had pluses and minuses dependent on the stand. Those stands that had samples left were very generous as it was the last session and they didn't want to take stuff back, but other stands had clearly run out of decent samples (Elemis and Liz Earle). Goodie Bag contents clearly varied (I didn't get any nail products in mine, for example). I was assured by 2 stands that there would be a sample of X in my goodie bag but there wasn't. However, this did not detract from my day at all. I've been around to my Mum's this morning and we've divided the goodie bag up between us, and had great fun looking up products new to us on the QVC website to see what they're for and which of the two of us they would suit most.

I had a nice chat with Catherine, who kindly remembered me from a previous craft event even though it was years ago, and I think a lady from on here :)wave: hello if it's you, who had also been to a previous craft event). Catherine, Sara and Chloe were at the event and they are all very slim and petite in real life.

Finally, one of the ladies on the OPI stand told me that there were fewer tickets issued on the paid-for Friday than the free Thurs/Wed and it did make it much easier to get to talk to people on the stands, especially after the first hour or so, when they was much less of a crush around the "big name" brands.

Your goody bag looks very much like mine Dips, down to the Richard Jackson's Flower Power plant food and the Tea Tree wipes.
What are the two small things in the left hand side bottom corner of the photo looking like two white commas?

Your goody bag looks very much like mine Dips, down to the Richard Jackson's Flower Power plant food and the Tea Tree wipes.
What are the two small things in the left hand side bottom corner of the photo looking like two white commas?

Lol, had to go and squint at the photo on my computer to work out what they were. They're two Phillip Kinglsey body building shampoo tubes (they're stood upright, which is why they look a bit odd). These were samples I received on the PK stand, for my Mum - anyone who knows me knows I definitely do not need to use a body building shampoo as I look more like Crystal Tips from Crystal Tips & Alistair!

DD and I were a bit nonplussed by the Flower Power! DD keeps finding small samples in her pockets and bottom of her handbag! Chuffed to get revitalash and many other bits I probably wouldn't order to try - Josie Maran cleansing oil. We each got a set of Mally mini glosses which sell for £20ish on qvcuk.com item #204587.

I thought Elemis and Liz Earle were a bit stingy we got a small LE shampoo each in the bag but were only allowed to take a mini sample (DD got a small C&P and I got a tiny line serum). Same with Elemis just allowed one tube of hand or body lotion or small bottle of shower gel, although we did waft past there a couple of times :wink:

There was the usual throng of older ladies jostling to touch the Gatineau messiah (oh dear). We spoke at length to Nina (leighton's side kick), a lady at the Wild About Beauty (not Louise Rednapp* though she was there), OPI, New CID guest, Arlene the Taya guest. DD asked me if Louise Redknapp is Harry's wife...in her defense she's only 17 and has heard of Harry more than Jamie :mysmilie_13:

We spoke to James Read trying not to catch each other's eye because he was such a name-dropper; he also said we'd have the overnight tanning mask in our goody bag but sadly we didn't. Shame because I'd like to try it.

I don't want to sound ungrateful though because apart from the train ticket it didn't cost us anything.

Akimbo, would you mind having a sniff of the Josie Maran cleansing oil for me please? I'm using the facial oil at the moment, which I really like as it sinks in really quickly and has no strong smell like Argan oil that I've purchased in the past. I had some from Holland and Barratt once and I smelt like a medicine cabinet and couldn't bare to use it.
I'm pleased to hear everyone had a great day at the Beauty bash, I'll consider going next year if they sell tickets again.

Sounds like everyone had a great day, Im glad Mandy from Akin looks as good in real life as she does on the TV, Judging from FB the goody bags vary as some people had full size products from the likes of Elemis, Liz earle etc.

Akimbo, would you mind having a sniff of the Josie Maran cleansing oil for me please? I'm using the facial oil at the moment, which I really like as it sinks in really quickly and has no strong smell like Argan oil that I've purchased in the past. I had some from Holland and Barratt once and I smelt like a medicine cabinet and couldn't bare to use it.
I'm pleased to hear everyone had a great day at the Beauty bash, I'll consider going next year if they sell tickets again.

Hi Pandora, I'm the same - if a product smells weird even if it's the best thing ever I won't be able to use it! Just had a whiff of both bottles and the cleansing oil doesn't smell the same as the facial oil, the cleanser is quite citrussy, slightly orange-scented (not as strong as those orange oil furniture products LOL). I hope that helps. I'll use it this evening to take off my face and report back; I've always loved oils and balms to remove my make up at the end of the day but there are plenty out there to choose from these days. I know people either love or hate the smell of Eve Lom's balm but I love it.

I did not get anything from elemis but I don't use their skincare. the very expensive stuff like revatalash boxed was a great find. also the prai and perricone are things that I really wanted to try. got some perfume samples and a mally eyeliner pen. also boxed. also got some sarah chapman,emma harding and loads of the new brands coming to qvc. strivectin gave us a full size eye treatment which I really wanted. algenist, murad,rodial, stacks of cleansing oils and balms and a philosophy lip gloss. a nicely boxed set of Gatineau lots to try there. miller harris perfume,100ml of tova signature, the new body cream by liz earle vanilla and saffron. I could go on it would take ages. this was an extremely lovely beauty hamper. it was very laden. we were some of the last to leave. they also gave me three more strivectin bags. really lovely totes. make a nice gift for someone I thought lol...

Great to hear that everyone had such a good time, and to hear what the guests are like in reality.

I don't press thanks or like for posts very often because it freezes my screen if I do, don't know why, but would have for all the above posts if I could.

Hi Pandora, I'm the same - if a product smells weird even if it's the best thing ever I won't be able to use it! Just had a whiff of both bottles and the cleansing oil doesn't smell the same as the facial oil, the cleanser is quite citrussy, slightly orange-scented (not as strong as those orange oil furniture products LOL). I hope that helps. I'll use it this evening to take off my face and report back; I've always loved oils and balms to remove my make up at the end of the day but there are plenty out there to choose from these days. I know people either love or hate the smell of Eve Lom's balm but I love it.

Thank you for the quick reply Akimbo, citrus/orange smell is fine with me especially in the morning so I may give it a try. If you can use it tonight that would be great to hear what you think of it as a cleanser. I've been trying a few different cleansers over the last few months but they mostly seem to leave my skin feeling a bit taught, even including the L'Occitane Precious cleanser that my son treated me to at Christmas. After using it I can't wait to put a moisturiser on, which I know is not ideal.

Latest posts

Back