beauty bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Her name's gone out of my head at the moment but Debbie Flint's sister was very nice and chatty, probably the friendliest person I/we encountered.

Great to hear that everyone had such a good time, and to hear what the guests are like in reality.

I don't press thanks or like for posts very often because it freezes my screen if I do, don't know why, but would have for all the above posts if I could.

Yes mine does that too , No idea why :S

Yep, me too. It's fine on my laptop, but on a tablet or phone, the whole thing freezes up as soon as I press thanks on any post

Yep, me too. It's fine on my laptop, but on a tablet or phone, the whole thing freezes up as soon as I press thanks on any post

Its on my Laptop when it does that , I end up having to open a new tab :(

Just remembered, I asked Emma Hardie why we have been seeing less of her on the telly, and she said they had some stock issues, but these were resolved now.

The next l'occitane TSV will contain the Shea lotion, verbena shower gel, almond oil shower wash, a small size of the cleanser and a small size of the immortelle cream and a couple of other bits that I can't remember.

Looking forward to gradually trying out some of the gorgeous goodies and samples.

Having the Alpha H facial made me wish I had the funds to get regular facials, but then I vowed to myself that I would try to lock the bathroom door once a week and give myself a facial. New Years resolution anyone?

Thanks ladies for all the feedback.

I've really enjoyed reading of your experiences at the BB,hope you enjoy using your new products xx

A little late in the day, I'm now reading my Beauty Bash guide and they mention Tarte cosmetics. I'm kicking myself for missing this, as a beauty blogger I like really rates their items. Did anyone else see them, I can't believe that I missed their stand :(

I didn't notice Tarte either. I've never tried any of their products but have read a lot of folk raving about them.

Oh I've really enjoyed reading this post! Thanks to everyone for their posts! Only one mention of the dashing Mr. Bagely I notice! No one else get up close and personal with the qvc sex god!?

Catherine, Sara and Chloe were at the event and they are all very slim and petite in real life.

That isn't surprising as they all look slim on the telly too.

thank you for telling us about your day ..would love to go but doubt I`ll ever get an invite as my buying is spread across the departments hence not a vast amount in any especially since I retired

We bought tickets for the Friday morning and then my fried received tickets for the Thursday afternoon and very kindly took me as her plus one. Thursday it was packed I did manage to get a consultation with Fiona. She's tiny wee and was an absolute delight. The biggest surprise to me was Tova. She was there on the Thursday afternoon after just landing that morning. Q definitely use special lighting for her as she does have wrinkles but is gorgeous and so small. She is such a gracious lady. A class act all the way. Yes she may have had some fillers to her cheeks but she looked stunning. She very kindly gave me a Tova nights. I cannot adequately express how charming she was. Richard from Penhaligon's has a very wicked sense of humour and was great fun and very generous with his samples to boot. I ended up with astralift all in my hair at the side and in my ear when one of the reps dropped a pot and it went everywhere lol. I think it's much better when the stands are more generous with their samples rather than it all being in your goody bag. I thought my Friday goody bag was better than Thursday but really both were great. Apart from the Garden gnomes plant food that l just didn't get. Cathy from Prai was a hoot, as was her sister in law. I said l had only tried the neck cream and the next minute she was putting a FS gold caviar , hand cream and another neck cream in my bag! So generous. I also seemed to acquire numerous bottles of JM's argon oil. I only managed to get to the Elemis stall on the Friday but came away with hand cream, revitalise me shower wash, flash balm and lots of ampules of their new pro collagen serum. I didn't receive any EH or Gatineau in either goody bag. But l had a terrific chat with Emma hardie who was charming and examined my skin and said which products to use. She also said if Q didn't have it to order from her website as it's free P&P. Love her! I sincerely hope Q and the DM do another paid for event. It was fab.

Akimbo, please pm me your address and l will send you the James Reed mask that was in my goody bag. I promise no begging letters lol.

A few photos from the day. A view of Mr buns baguley not often seen on the tv. Tova. My haul from the 2 days. BE TSV

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 432
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 484
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 498
L'Occitane up coming TSV. LD Spring/Summer collection. LD TSV on March 3rd - sorry couldn't fit the polish and bag in one photo. The TSV will have 5 or 6new colours.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 372
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 459
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 578
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 373
What do people think they are going to use first from their bags? I haven't watched much on air today but have tried to catch a few minutes on the new products. I think I'm going to try the EFG serum and the Radical range from what I've seen today. Whilst it was a complete random inclusion, I was happy with the plant food as I do use it (as long it was not at the expense of a beauty item).

I've used the funny shaped Mally eyeliner already. I'm not too sure about the formula itself, it seems a bit sheer and watery, but the weird shape really did help me apply it more easily.

Akimbo, would you mind having a sniff of the Josie Maran cleansing oil for me please? I'm using the facial oil at the moment, which I really like as it sinks in really quickly and has no strong smell like Argan oil that I've purchased in the past. I had some from Holland and Barratt once and I smelt like a medicine cabinet and couldn't bare to use it.
I'm pleased to hear everyone had a great day at the Beauty bash, I'll consider going next year if they sell tickets again.

Hi Pandora, I've tried the Josie Maran Cleansing Oil and it's easily removed my mascara (mally non-waterproof one) so fine as a cleanser, no complaints. I wasn't really blown away by it though. As far as the scent is concerned it smells citrusy in the bottle but as I massaged it on my face it was more like an orange sweeties smell - something like Starburst (opal fruits if you're old like me) and beneath that there was another note which I wasn't keen on but couldn't identify. Nothing dreadful but not really lovely to tempt me to use it again and I remember Donna doesn't get on with orange scented products, so maybe not for you if you're the same. HTH.

What do people think they are going to use first from their bags? I haven't watched much on air today but have tried to catch a few minutes on the new products. I think I'm going to try the EFG serum and the Radical range from what I've seen today. Whilst it was a complete random inclusion, I was happy with the plant food as I do use it (as long it was not at the expense of a beauty item).
I will be starting on the tiny sample of the EFG serum tonight after seeing the presentation and I've gone for the advanced order so I have two weeks if I decide to cancel it which I probably will, it has to really blow me away to justify this purchase. The P&P on this 15 ml bottle is truly ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back