beauty bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wasn't at the Beauty Bash, but I love that location! There's the gorgeous St Dunstan's in the East Garden just a short walk away - so peaceful considering it's in the heart of the City. And a quick walk over London Bridge and you have Borough Market - definitely foodie heaven. If I ever venture out of Derbyshire to London, I always try to go there!

I loved the location, it was so easy to get to from Liverpool St and it is close to Spitalfields which has lots of restaurants and worth a trip to anyway to see the stalls and quirky shops. I used to work near Monument and was very impressed to see so many shops like TX Maxx, Gap etc now situated there! I know there aren't many chain restaurants near Monument (Gaucho's is probably the closest in Leadenhall) but there are lots of pubs/sandwich bars plus I thought QVC was pretty generous in its refreshments. Was surprised to go into M&S at Leadenhall and see they had tables to eat at - nothing like that at my local branch!!

Looking at the pics on QVC's facebook that people posted, I don't think the goody bag for the Friday (which I went to) was superior. My sister went with me and we both had different bits and pieces in our bags so there didn't seem to be a standard issue of goodies in each bag. As this was my second trip to a Beauty Bash (I was lucky enough to win tickets a couple of years ago) I had learnt from experience and instead of wandering around for a bit and looking at the different stalls, I straight away got in the queue to get my nails painted and to book an eyebrow session. I didn't bother with getting a facial though so not sure how booked up they were. When I went to the one at Angel, because I didn't know that you could have treatments, it was too booked up to get anything done by the time I found out. Maybe for the future they should have more staff offering the freebie treatments as they will always be very popular.

Had a lovely chat with Catherine and she couldn't have been any nicer and she has a wonderful sense of humour. Spotted Will and Sara but didn't chat to them.

Hope it runs again next year as it was definitely worth buying tickets for and I have recommended it to several friends who are not QVC shoppers as a fun event to go to :mysmilie_14:

my sister was just in front of me and we got some differing items. I agree tova was just amazing. really friendly. cordilia the model is sooo funny. she is very professional model on tv but so much more relaxed in real life. Catherine Huntley is very chatty and friendly too. very pretty in real life as is cordelia. sara grithiths is very good lookin better that on tv. I loved tom on the alpha h counter talked for ages. anather giggler was the Australian bodycare lady. we could not stop having a good old banter. the decleor girls were helpful. told me what qvc item would help my skin as I am anather major diet. so I have to look after my skin. its a great kit and very well priced. and now sold out.

I hope I cam go next year as is was very memorable in a very nice way:clapping::clapping:

my sister was just in front of me and we got some differing items. I agree tova was just amazing. really friendly. cordilia the model is sooo funny. she is very professional model on tv but so much more relaxed in real life. Catherine Huntley is very chatty and friendly too. very pretty in real life as is cordelia. sara grithiths is very good lookin better that on tv. I loved tom on the alpha h counter talked for ages. anather giggler was the Australian bodycare lady. we could not stop having a good old banter. the decleor girls were helpful. told me what qvc item would help my skin as I am anather major diet. so I have to look after my skin. its a great kit and very well priced. and now sold out.

I hope I cam go next year as is was very memorable in a very nice way:clapping::clapping:

The Decleor staff all seem to be lovely. The staff on the counter in Glasgow were lovely but HoF got rid of the counter which is such a shame as no other counter here in Glasgow. My mum was in London in November and was in Brent Cross and went to the counters in Fenwick's and John Lewis and she said the staff were great so chatty and helpful, they'd heard about our counter closing and one girl would have done a facial for mum there and then if mum had had the time!

I was lucky enough to win tickets for Thursday morning. I took my Mum with me as its because of her I'm into beauty products the way I am & watch QVC.

We went down after I finished work on Wednesday (we live in Manchester), stayed overnight, went to the BB on Thurs morning, then had dinner, did a bit of shopping, had tea & then travelled back ready for me to go to work on Friday.

We had a great time, but being a newbie to the bashes, I have definitely learnt from mistakes and if lucky enough to go again, will learn from it.

We managed to book in with Elemis for facials & OPI to have our nails done. Both times we were asked rather than us asking but it was as doors opened at 9:30am. I would like to have my make-up applied by YBF, Wild About Beauty or BareMinerals and a hand massage at SBC if I could in future.

I realised quite quickly that if you want a sample you generally had to ask for it. But it was hard doing that at times. I agree with other comments on this thread - big brands like Elemis, Liz Earle, SBC & Gatineau didn't really give out samples, but I believe they added more to the goody bags than other brands. The goody bag was great though. My Mum's was different to mine and we both felt mine was better than hers. But saying that mine was more youthful with nail varnishes, perfume & body products, whereas my Mum's had alot more anti againg serums & creams in it.

We were both only interested generally in looking at brands we knew & used. My Mum had a consult with Keeley from Elemis & Lee from BareMinerals whereas I really wanted to have a chat with Alexis from L'Occitane, Adele from SBC & Julie from OPI, and we did.

It's interesting to see up and coming TSV's, their rough prices and also new products for the future from brands that you use.

I did miss some stands I would have liked to have visited - ABC mainly (I found out after the event that they were upstairs and only my Mum went up when she needed a drink while I talked to Adele at SBC).

The first product I used out of my goody bag was the SBC Collagen 3 in 1 Cleanser as I actually use that and was running out. The first sample I used was the BareMinerals foundation given to me by Lee, but I don't like it (as it's powder) so have given it to my sister in law as she uses the brand.

I would love to go again next year. I would buy tickets if I didn't win any or get invited. I hope QVC open it up the paying public again. And I will definitely make a list, in advance, of what to do if I did go again.

For those that are trying it, what do you think about the Bioeffect oil? Anyone else trying anything that's worth a mention?

Well 3 nights of applying the EFG serum - (it felt lovely) resulted in my first chin zit in years....I wasn't expecting it to roll back the years quite that far! It's only a little bottle so I'll use it all and then see how young I look. :mysmilie_43:

The Melvita body lotion is very nice and I like the Merumaya set which I ordered after sniffing the products at the BB, I'll try other things one or two at a time otherwise I won't know which (if any) are working.

For those that are trying it, what do you think about the Bioeffect oil? Anyone else trying anything that's worth a mention?
You read my mind Dips, I was going to ask this as well.
I started using EGF on Saturday last week until last night and this morning I was inspecting the skin on my face in the sun light with a x12 magnifying mirror. I used EGF on one side of my face and on the other I used my personal number one Strivectin Stretchmark cream and Strivectin eye cream. Well, the Strivectin side looked better - more lifted, no breakouts and pores clearer. On the EGF side small zits and bumps although invisible to the naked eye and pores more congested, lifting - inferior to Strivectin if any. I started using both on the same night as I had a break from Strivectin for a couple of months.
There are eight 5-star glowing reviews on Q and they all sound like what I experienced with Strivectin in the past but Strivectin is cheaper although not cheap. I cancelled my advanced order of EGF today as I was hoping I would. Oh, and the texture, somewhat petrochemical like, heavy, doesn't feel like natural oil.

I've been using 1 drop of the EGF serum on my eyes as a night treatment and the area does seem smoother, but tonight I have used the Glamglow tinglexfofliate stuff (!) followed by 3 drops of the bio-effect serum, am hoping to wake up tomorrow looking 10 years younger! I'll keep you posted lol! xx

I think my eyes do look improved (smile lines) but I can't say I've noticed my whole face looking visibly more radiant, which is what I was expecting from the hype. I'm now applying one drop to the back of my hands. I used the murad exfoliating mask, which smelt wonderful, but I do prefer some graininess to my exfoliating creams (even if it's just in my mind).

My OPI manicure lasted exactly a week (took it off this morning) and I will definitely be buying the colour, I really loved it (it was a grey purple), can't wait for the colours to be released.

I agree, the skin around the eyes has improved, not sure about looking glowing and radiant.

Just a question for people that got the EGF serum in there Goody Bag , what size was it? because there charging £108 for a 15ml size , so if they can afford to give samples away clearly its Way overprices however good it is.

I was looking all over the bottle to find the size - it wasn't there. I estimate 1 or 2 ml.
There are loads of glowing reviews on Boots website, around 120, dating back to 2011 and it seems that almost all of them were given a sample.

I think the sample size is 2.5ml. Sampling is a very standard method of getting uptake for new product and can be a cost effective method of marketing compared to other means.

I couldn't resist. :mysmilie_14:
I must admit I usually look at pictures first before I read the writing and I was like oh this is clearly a dodgy photo posted in error, but oh there is two of them, oh wait a minute that is a nice expensive suit I bet that's Andrew! And sure enough I read your post and it was indeed the Bagley Buns! :mysmilie_17:

I bet Michaela and the rest of the girls at the Windsor hq have given Andrew a good ribbing about that photo appearing on here! I must admit I have a bit of a daydream about Alison and Michaela both being stuck down with a mystery illness hours before going on air with a Gatineau hour and Andrew being called in at the last minute, with him rushing to be there, straight from a Rugby match, him not having time to get changed and having to present a full hour in his rugby kit!

Latest posts

Back