Beauty Day-Bare Minerals TSV 14/7/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wasn't going to order especially as I had the LE TSV on Saturday but looking at the value on this (and I do use all the products) I think it's well worth the money so I am going to order and luckily I am medium beige which is the most common - oops sorryy popular -apparently. Many thanks for the tip off though.

Didnt realise it was the double size foundation, is a very good price for the kit.
Shouldn't have got 2 LE's last week!
Hope there is nothing else coming up that I 'need'.

SCW's link above works (at the moment) if anyone wants to buy in advance at the TSV price.

Jude xx

bareMinerals TSV Sunday 15 July

I have only tried a couple of bareMinerals things so I am not very familiar with the range, but I notice it gets good reviews on the whole. Do you think the TSV is good value and are the products in this one (supersize Original F15 Foundation, Advanced Clear Radiance All Over Face Colour and Prime Time) worth a go? Interested to hear people's views please. Also, any advice welcome on how to choose foundation shades - ie do they come up dark so you go for a shade lighter than they suggest, for example?

I have only tried a couple of bareMinerals things so I am not very familiar with the range, but I notice it gets good reviews on the whole. Do you think the TSV is good value and are the products in this one (supersize Original F15 Foundation, Advanced Clear Radiance All Over Face Colour and Prime Time) worth a go? Interested to hear people's views please. Also, any advice welcome on how to choose foundation shades - ie do they come up dark so you go for a shade lighter than they suggest, for example?

Hello AndiK

Ive used Bare Minerals for quite a few years and dont think Id change from Minerals now. The TSV is good value but as I first purchase maybe a little OTT as you are getting more than just the foundation. The primer is supposed to be good but I dont use a primer personally and with the mineral powder dont think I need to. Never used the all over face colour so cant comment. I do however use the mineral veil every day (unfortunately not in the TSV). If I were buying I liquid foundation I would go for a medium shade but in BM use Light.

Now having said all that sometimes I get the urge to try someting else and have recently bought the Lily Lolo mineral foundation which is a bit cheaper and IMO just as good (£14 for 10gms, not from QVC). Made up with it and glad I gave it a go.

As its your first go though it is probably worth buying the BM from QVC as if it doesnt suit you you can of course send it back.

Hope this helps.

Yorko

Have to say the Primer is amazing. I got a smaller sized one in an earlier TSV. It's nearly gone so I'm going to snap this one up.

Last edited:
Hello AndiK

Ive used Bare Minerals for quite a few years and dont think Id change from Minerals now. The TSV is good value but as I first purchase maybe a little OTT as you are getting more than just the foundation. The primer is supposed to be good but I dont use a primer personally and with the mineral powder dont think I need to. Never used the all over face colour so cant comment. I do however use the mineral veil every day (unfortunately not in the TSV). If I were buying I liquid foundation I would go for a medium shade but in BM use Light.

Now having said all that sometimes I get the urge to try someting else and have recently bought the Lily Lolo mineral foundation which is a bit cheaper and IMO just as good (£14 for 10gms, not from QVC). Made up with it and glad I gave it a go.

As its your first go though it is probably worth buying the BM from QVC as if it doesnt suit you you can of course send it back.

Hope this helps.

Yorko

It certainly does help. Very many thanks.

I haven't heard of Lily Lolo to be honest - department stores?? Someone recommended Bellapierre so I was going to give that a go but I am still tempted by the TSV this weekend. The product I quite fancy is the Prime Time because I have found mineral powder foundations settle on certain areas of my skin (oilier areas "grab" the powder) so it gives a patchy finish, and I found another primer (BeneFit) helped even out the surface of my skin first so this happened less. These are big products to try, though, as you say. Hmmm, I hate decisions!

Thanks again.

Andik, If I was you i would try it as you can send it back. However, if it suits you it's a bargain as they're double sizes and you'll be glad you got it. What shade do you think you need,and are you a pink or yellow undertone?

Well I would have bought it I was sent the link but my £10 off code won't work online and I can't be bothered to ring so there's £30 saved

Andik, If I was you i would try it as you can send it back. However, if it suits you it's a bargain as they're double sizes and you'll be glad you got it. What shade do you think you need,and are you a pink or yellow undertone?

Too right. I am definitely veering towards a purchase. The shade bit is still a tricky one for me - I'm definitely on the fairer side but when I study my skin in the mirror, I imagine I can see all sorts of colours! I do sound a mess, don't I? I think I'll watch the presentation at midnight and see how they advise you to select the shade (as I think they give you examples or compare with famous people's colouring). Thanks for your advice, everyone.

Too right. I am definitely veering towards a purchase. The shade bit is still a tricky one for me - I'm definitely on the fairer side but when I study my skin in the mirror, I imagine I can see all sorts of colours! I do sound a mess, don't I? I think I'll watch the presentation at midnight and see how they advise you to select the shade (as I think they give you examples or compare with famous people's colouring). Thanks for your advice, everyone.
If you look on the BM website the explanation of the colour to pick is based on pink or yellow undertones in your skin as well as the light to dark range but QVC never seem to emphasise this. BM do a much wider range of colours than QVC sell but there is always the MBG if you buy from QVC.

If you look on the BM website the explanation of the colour to pick is based on pink or yellow undertones in your skin as well as the light to dark range but QVC never seem to emphasise this. BM do a much wider range of colours than QVC sell but there is always the MBG if you buy from QVC.

Thanks, Boris Bear. I'll check that out. Just wondering if I could find a shop that sells BM before Sunday, so I can see/try the colours but I've not left myself much time. Thanks to helpful people on here, I'm almost definitely going to get the TSV anyway.

I bought some make up on the high street recently ... lovely simple matt bronzer. Anyway he asked me if I had red or yellow undertones. I've never heard anyone call it red before. Not that that helps you any.

If you're paler skinned there are quite a few choices. Fairly light is definitely yellow undertoned. I know because I'm yellow (olive really) and that's the palest I ever go.

BM has a glow to it though that some people love and others don't. My honest advice would be if you are dithering between two shades go up rather than down. Once you add in the glow factor going too pale isn't going to look right. Somehow if it's too pale it seems to highlight rather than cover if that makes sense.

I use the medium colour and always say that it's quite a light tone. I have fair skin but a lot of redness in my face. The medium BM is a great match for me even though medium would be too dark in other make-up for me. Don't be put off trying the medium if your fair and pink toned.

Latest posts

Back