Lovemore by Motsi Mabuse TSV 12/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've said this so many times but I wish that they'd make a set of samples available for a nominal price, or send out those impregnated cards with other orders/mailshots so at least some of the customers will have an idea of what they're buying thus being able to decide whether or not to invest. I've bought perfume blind before to a varying degree of success. I bought a twin pack of Liz taylor White Diamonds/Violet eyes from Bid and loved both of them, so I went on to buy another twin pack of hers Emeralds and rubies (can't remember the full names) and they were both revolting. This is after I bought Tova signature from Q that smelled like fly spray, but undeterred I went on to buy Tova's body and soul which was a lot more pleasant, but I can't say that I loved it - I was stupid in those days I'm now remembering the set of Red Door I bought 'cause I was attracted by the packaging and the spiel (shopping channel but can't remember which) It had staying power alright but sadly it actually was overpowering, I tried to convince myself I loved it but I didn't. I gave it away to a friend to give to her mum as she told me it was her signature scent! The most recent perfume purchase I bought was a £9 sample bottle of Prai Scent of a woman - You know the one "the man magnet" - It was absolutely horrible, one spray gave me a headache and a feeling of nausea in five minutes. It's in my work bag to use as a lavatory bowl spray just in case!!! oh, and a Judith Williams perfume that smelled like a fruit salad, it was a huge bottle but I just used it as a work perfume and I was glad when it ran out.
I love Violet in perfumes, but despite the name of this "dancing violet" - There's no violet in it - and another ****** celeb - For the love of God, no more please!
I'm another one who wouldn't gift perfume unless it was something they wore already, and I've received some proper humdingers in the past! Some I've kept as room sprays and some well they're just sitting on the shelf going off!
If you keep perfume for too long, it can evaporate. This happened to me, and I was very disappointed. It was called 'Joy' and I kept it in a cupboard waiting for a special occasion. When the occasion finally arrived, the bottle was empty. A good lesson for me. Now, if I have a perfume I like, I'll use it every day until it is finished.

Never keep perfume for special, wear it and enjoy. Perfume should be kept in its box and away from sunlight. Also does not like extreme heat.

Okay, I have done this before, but time to retell.

Some years back there was a documentary series on the BBC about perfume. The history of Guerlain was one showing the original notebooks from Jacques Guerlain. One episode was about celeb perfumes, so the company approaches a singer, actress etc and offers a deal. Depends on how big you are, how much you will get. The company hires a perfume making company, not your Chanel's etc, but there are perfume companies who just make endless different formulas and sell on. It showed a lab and sorry cannot remember who she was but not famous now sniffing vials with numbers and asked which one she liked. She picked one and that was it, this was going to be her perfume and marketed either with her name or one the company picked. Depending on how well it sells, they might release a flanker smells like the original one but different name. Think Britney Spears and her endless perfumes. Some remain big sellers, others just disappear. And that is how it is done. Of course the celeb will insist that they wear their perfume all the time which is Bullsh*t.

One of the most famous was way back in the early 00s Nicole Kidman was hired as the face of Chanel no5 massive TV ads etc. She was on an American talk show and asked what her favourite perfume and what she wore? She said it was, and I totally forget the full name, but it was rose by the perfume company?
Just remembered it was The Perfume Workhouse Tea Rose.

As a migraine sufferer, I struggle with perfumes. A woman walked past me in M&S last week, wearing the dreadful Angel perfume, I was nearly sick :sick:

An old favourite of mine was Dolce & Gabbana in the red box. Long since discontinued, but so lovely.
The one they have now in a similar red box is awful, the assistant in The Perfume Shop in town told me it is the new version.......no it isn't!

I've just noticed that I've got an email from Q telling to "to beat the rush" to get this special deal -rush? what rush?! As if people are gonna be saying wow I've heard Motsi mabuse (who? to anyone who doesn't watch Strictly) has brought out a fragrance, and how they'd be queuing up outside the shop at midnight - if they sold it in a shop that is!!! The launch is exclusive to QVC, talk about an easy launch pad. Do some proper advertising, get it on the shelves of Selfridges or Boots even and it would bomb, shove it on Q where people will buy literally anything and it'll sell out first airing!!!

I've just noticed that I've got an email from Q telling to "to beat the rush" to get this special deal -rush? what rush?! As if people are gonna be saying wow I've heard Motsi mabuse (who? to anyone who doesn't watch Strictly) has brought out a fragrance, and how they'd be queuing up outside the shop at midnight - if they sold it in a shop that is!!! The launch is exclusive to QVC, talk about an easy launch pad. Do some proper advertising, get it on the shelves of Selfridges or Boots even and it would bomb, shove it on Q where people will buy literally anything and it'll sell out first airing!!!
Looking back on what I've just written, I missed the whole point, it's only on Q, so of course there's gonna be rush...what an idiot I am. I've probably missed the boat already, I don't even know why I'm typing this as I should be chucking a bottle of Motsi into my basket..sorry gotta rush!

Just gave the TSV 30 seconds - that was enough. Why Motsi Mabuse I thought. She even said she's very busy, with her dance school, Strictly and other projects, which gives even more credence that she hasn't got time to conjure up a beauty range. Not busy enough though to take a fee for fronting this generic range. I suppose the 2 sisters- Oti and Motsi are the flavour of the media at the moment so are making hay etc etc.

I got in late and watched the presentation with Motsi/Gilly Halliday and it was all about the Women - yep you heard it, women! Not the gender fluid, the not sures, blokes in dresses, non binaries or even the people with ovaries! Hope she doesn’t get paired with AY any time later….”slap your wrist naughty Motsi , it’s gender neutral, for all our lovely blended people, for wedding attendants, chest feeders, androids, unicorns, merpeople “ “say the W word once more and I’ll deck you, I’ve done it before!”
Mind you I’d imagine that Motsi could give as good as she gets!

Did I miss something, but the list of 'notes' in the perfume did not include violets?
No, but she did!! I love violet in perfume. The loveliest perfume I've ever smelled and you'd hardly believe this was a small plastic pink phial of scent stuck to the front of my Lindy magazine in 1975. It definitely had a overtone of violet and I'd say rose as well, and I've been looking for a match ever since! Arden True Love and Cerruti 1881 are similar but not quite right! I have to say I did get a bit excited by the word violet but I probably wouldn't have taken the risk, but to discover it isn't even in the perfume is a bit ridiculous. I just think there's too many "notes" in perfume, and unless you smell it for yourself you'd have absolutely no idea what it's gonna be like....pink pepper, ylang ylang, neroli, pear, oakmoss, potato peelings, extract of unicorn, jumpers for goalposts - who knows?!

Attachments

• 2023-09-12.png
    2023-09-12.png
    579.2 KB · Views: 52
No, but she did!! I love violet in perfume. The loveliest perfume I've ever smelled and you'd hardly believe this was a small plastic pink phial of scent stuck to the front of my Lindy magazine in 1975. It definitely had a overtone of violet and I'd say rose as well, and I've been looking for a match ever since! Arden True Love and Cerruti 1881 are similar but not quite right! I have to say I did get a bit excited by the word violet but I probably wouldn't have taken the risk, but to discover it isn't even in the perfume is a bit ridiculous. I just think there's too many "notes" in perfume, and unless you smell it for yourself you'd have absolutely no idea what it's gonna be like....pink pepper, ylang ylang, neroli, pear, oakmoss, potato peelings, extract of unicorn, jumpers for goalposts - who knows?!
I've just googled "perfumes that smell of violet and rose" this was the first one that cropped up
Lieu de Reves – by Sonoma Scent StudioIt combines soft floral notes of violet and rose with a base that balances sweet notes of heliotrope, tonka, amber, vanilla, and musk with woodsy notes of cedar, vetiver, and orris. I rest my case!!!

Guerlain's Insolence is my favourite "violet" perfume. I love it and have done for years. Only now they have changed the bottle and the perfume isn't quite as nice, although guerlain reckon they have just changed the packaging. It's still a lovely perfume but just lacking something, no idea what it is. Shame they have to tinker with things that are great the way they are. ☹️

I have never bought a celebrity perfume and never will. Just seems like cheap tat to me. I am a perfume snob though I'm afraid and I will put my hands up to that.

TBH I have never heard of this woman anyway so no danger of me buying this.

Last edited:
Guerlain way back when they first brought out their AA range Aqua Allergoa (sp) did one called Lavande Velours which was violet and lavender. Gorgeous! Yes, I still have my bottle.

The perfume house Caron had Violette Precieuse. They reformulated but a gorgeous violet perfume. Now, way back it had this strange opening note which smelt like stewed celery. Really. But they settle quickly into gorgeous, when they reformulated mid 00s they took that note out. It just became a really lovely violet perfume.

Now, Parma Violets. I am talking the sweets.

Catzrcool, the beautiful cat on your avatar, reminds me of 'Felix the Station Cat'
Huddersfield's station cat, I've just finished reading the book, highly recommend for cat lovers on here :love:

This tsv perfume looks very cheapo market stall to me, probably cost pennies to make.

Catzrcool, the beautiful cat on your avatar, reminds me of 'Felix the Station Cat'
Huddersfield's station cat, I've just finished reading the book, highly recommend for cat lovers on here :love:

This tsv perfume looks very cheapo market stall to me, probably cost pennies to make.
Yeah there's not much that's gone into the design, I mean some of the perfumes out there are presented in absolutely beautiful bottles and even if you weren't bowled over by the perfume it would look great on the dressing table, where this is plain and like you say, cheap looking. They're relying upon the 60day mbg to entice people to buy, they can sit there saying empty words like "beautiful" "uplifting" "gorgeous" etc all day long but no one is gonna know what it smells like until they pay up and order it and that's really not great. I guess when the reviews start coming in we'll have a better idea and if the response is favourable then they may shift a few more units. I have a gut feeling that it won't go any further than the walls of QVC. Phase one will probably sell out, we'll get a few more available in the run up to Christmas and then it'll be goodnight Vienna! It was said in an earlier post that Motsi is extremely busy so I just see this foray into the world of perfume as a tick off her bucket list and the proceeds are a juicy bonus!

Yeah there's not much that's gone into the design, I mean some of the perfumes out there are presented in absolutely beautiful bottles and even if you weren't bowled over by the perfume it would look great on the dressing table, where this is plain and like you say, cheap looking. They're relying upon the 60day mbg to entice people to buy, they can sit there saying empty words like "beautiful" "uplifting" "gorgeous" etc all day long but no one is gonna know what it smells like until they pay up and order it and that's really not great. I guess when the reviews start coming in we'll have a better idea and if the response is favourable then they may shift a few more units. I have a gut feeling that it won't go any further than the walls of QVC. Phase one will probably sell out, we'll get a few more available in the run up to Christmas and then it'll be goodnight Vienna! It was said in an earlier post that Motsi is extremely busy so I just see this foray into the world of perfume as a tick off her bucket list and the proceeds are a juicy bonus!
I really don't get the point of loads of expense and design going into a perfume bottle that you can 'sit on your dressing table'. Surely perfume should be kept in the dark, in the box or a drawer, so all these fancy bottles are a total waste of money. Please just give us good perfume in plain dark bottles.

She is called Millie. A temperamental gitbag some days. 😄, but we love her. We are not far from Huddersfield. Didn't know about the station cat. Will have a look for that. Thanks.

Agree the perfume looks cheap. Hope those who buy it, like it. Seems very inexpensive for an EDP.

I've said this so many times but I wish that they'd make a set of samples available for a nominal price, or send out those impregnated cards with other orders/mailshots so at least some of the customers will have an idea of what they're buying thus being able to decide whether or not to invest. I've bought perfume blind before to a varying degree of success. I bought a twin pack of Liz taylor White Diamonds/Violet eyes from Bid and loved both of them, so I went on to buy another twin pack of hers Emeralds and rubies (can't remember the full names) and they were both revolting. This is after I bought Tova signature from Q that smelled like fly spray, but undeterred I went on to buy Tova's body and soul which was a lot more pleasant, but I can't say that I loved it - I was stupid in those days I'm now remembering the set of Red Door I bought 'cause I was attracted by the packaging and the spiel (shopping channel but can't remember which) It had staying power alright but sadly it actually was overpowering, I tried to convince myself I loved it but I didn't. I gave it away to a friend to give to her mum as she told me it was her signature scent! The most recent perfume purchase I bought was a £9 sample bottle of Prai Scent of a woman - You know the one "the man magnet" - It was absolutely horrible, one spray gave me a headache and a feeling of nausea in five minutes. It's in my work bag to use as a lavatory bowl spray just in case!!! oh, and a Judith Williams perfume that smelled like a fruit salad, it was a huge bottle but I just used it as a work perfume and I was glad when it ran out.
I love Violet in perfumes, but despite the name of this "dancing violet" - There's no violet in it - and another ****** celeb - For the love of God, no more please!
I'm another one who wouldn't gift perfume unless it was something they wore already, and I've received some proper humdingers in the past! Some I've kept as room sprays and some well they're just sitting on the shelf going off!
I've started a set of 1ml sample oils from Sunnamusk,the majority are lovely but one not keen on.1ml doesn't sound a lot but you only need a little so last a while.
I've some Shay and Blue hubby got me for Christmas and I am running out of my Hermes Le Jardin sur Le Nil so looking forward to calling in at Gibraltar to stock up.
As I've got older perfumes I used to like don't seem to smell the same. L'Air de Temps smells lovely but doesn't last more than half an hour and YSL perfumes give me dreadful headaches.

Latest posts

Back