Lovemore by Motsi Mabuse TSV 12/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A long time ago, Radio Times included a 'scratch and sniff' card in an issue. One replicated the rose scent worn by Marie Antoinette. To my nose, it was unpleasant. I would describe it as roses that had gone off.
That was for the 3 or 4 part documentary I mentioned. Another one smelt of a tanner's yard, and then the one which was supposed to smell like open sewers in the 18th century. People back then did not really wash, so used perfume to cover body smells. I remember asking a history teacher how the kings and queens etc went to the toilet. They just had pots around the palace and people did a piss or crap and walked on, these were in the open corridors and if lucky emptied once a day. The palace of Versailles had animal crap and pee in the corridor of mirrors.

What is considered the first what we in modern times class as a proper perfume was Jicky by Guerlain in 1889. Otherwise, it was just oils or toilet water, the latter to dab on your hankie to sniff.

The reviews are in! and it's officially terrible! 53 reviews so far 16 are 5*, 2 give 4* then there's 5 x 3*, 9 x 2* and a whopping 21 awarding just 1*
There seems to be a bit of conflicting opinions most are staying that it's strong and sickly like Lou Lou in the 80's, another said it was like furniture polish one person said they had to have a shower to get rid of the smell and someone else said that the smell didn't last long. Obviously some people liked it but again all they could come up with was "lovely", "gorgeous" etc - At least furniture polish and 1980's perfume gives you an idea of what you're buying into. A couple of people have said that QVC should allow free postage to those who want to send it back. A lot of people weren't impressed with the bottle with it's stuck on "bubbled" label - oh dear!

Did we expect anything more ? It was always going to be a non-starter in the real perfume stakes. I bet a pound to a penny she wasn't wearing it tonight on Strictly, although it might have covered her more than the mini dress she wore, which barely covered her beefy thighs !! She no longer has the figure of a dancer, and should realise it.

I suppose it's a risk you take when you buy perfume blind, you've got to be prepared not to like it and to spend money to return it. It's that or put up with it, which isn't so bad if the perfume is disappointing in an innocuous way, at least you can wear it to work. If the smell makes you feel physically sick then keeping it would be ridiculous. I've heard that some perfumes you can buy come with a small tester and if it's not for you you can return it unopened - I mean surely QVC could do that for their customers, especially when a lot of the stuff isn't available in the shops. I have on numerous occasions heard them waxing lyrical about perfumes that are available in Boots etc and I've deliberately gone and tried them out for myself and I can honestly say that I wasn't tempted to buy a single one of them!
Although a few people have liked Motsi's perfume, the majority don't think it's great (to say the least). Going on that premise I very much doubt whether all the presenters liked it. Obviously they wouldn't be allowed to say "sorry, but it's not for me" or "I've smelt nicer toilet cleaner" but it must be difficult to spray yourself in a fragrance that makes you gag, smile and say it's gorgeous.
I've got a good mind to email Q and suggest that they include a small tester with perfume that's exclusive to them. It would stop so much waste!
Holy crap - It's gone up to £55 with £2.95 postage on top - She'll be lucky!!!!

Did you expect anything less from someone associated with one of the tackiest shows on tv.
Made up romances,someone breaks a fingernail has a week off,and overpaid judges and presenters.
Cant even call it a celebrity show,made up of Z listers mainly.
£55.00 plus postage blimey 😦

I stick with fragrances that I know suit me because it saves having to return them. I use Jovan Musk for every day and Molton Brown pink pepper when I’m going out or going away.

Latest posts

Back