Bernini Riviera Fountain TSV 17/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep ! shall I do the spiel for you ? Battery driven with 124 different settings after pressing the button 124 times to have anything between 10 minutes and 12 hours of tinkling fountain (more like a stallion relieving himself); remove the various tops and it becomes a planter (but we wont mention the compost blocking up the pipework) ; use indoors and outside (er, where else?) : three beauuuutiful colours to choose, copper Verdi, pewter Verdi, stone Verdi (I made that up). Oh, and if you want further batteries (the size of a small car) then they can be purchased separately for roughly half the cost plus p & p of the fountain.

Yep ! I bought one of these when they first aired years ago, and it was more trouble than it was worth, - although it was better than the rubbish solar powered ones.

Bernini Reviera 2 Tier All Weather Dancing Water Fountain
Item Number: 507300
QVC Price £168.00
Today's Special Value Price £134.96
P&P £8.95

This beautiful, cordless, battery-operated water fountain from Bernini boasts a stunning two-tiered design with three ornamental spouts, LED lights illuminating the lower level bowl and water sprays, plus ten mesmerising water and light settings for you to choose from. Whether you're entertaining guests or enjoying the weather, sit back and let the soothing sounds of water fill your garden.

Brand new design - as gorgeous by day as at night, this hand-finished ornament features an original design by an artist with an incredible 13 pouring spouts and showcases an authentic-looking stone-effect, with twinkling LED lights around the perimeter of the main bowl.

Anytime, anywhere - with the cordless, lightweight design and rechargeable batteries you can enjoy this beautiful fountain anywhere in your garden or home all year round, whatever the weather, night or day and in the light or shade without wiring, plumbing or solar panels to worry about.

Customise your cascades - with the 13 spouts creating a wonderful flow of water, you can choose from ten dancing water options, swap between the shower spray water or bubbler settings, or feel free to leave the water continuously running with the automatic timer.

Set it and forget it - the auto timer provides one to four hours of run-time with the option to turn on at the same time every day. Plus it works with the on-demand push button too.

Sturdy design with weighted chamber inside base
Rechargeable batteries
4 x LED bulbs
13 x water spouts
Up to 40 hours run-time when fully charged
Poly resin hand-finished for a beautiful stone effect
Fountain (height x diameter): 86cm x 52cm (33.8" x 20.4")
Weight: 12kg

Contains:

1 x pedestal base
1 x large bowl
1 x flower plate
2 x bird finial
2 x pumps
1 x filter
1 x ring
2 x tubes
1 x showerhead spout
1 x battery door
1 x levelling shim
1 x connection port
1 x battery
1 x charging adaptor
Instruction manual

Colour options:

Bronze Stone
Black Granite

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.507300

It would be the last thing I would but in my Q shopping basket, and I've put some tat in it over the years.

Sorry not for me.

On the tv this doesn't look as naff as I would have expected it to be. It really is a good idea if they can make it look good as the cost of getting a fountain installed is usually prohibitive and once in place it can't be moved easily. I would be tempted to buy for my Inlaws if the price was lower as it's too much for them to accept as a gift and I wanted to buy them some garden furniture and I wouldn't like to recommend they buy as they are thrifty and like many elderly not think they are worth it. It's also upsetting if it turned out to be a poor purchase.

However, once I asked FIL if he had the garden just how he wanted it and he told me that he doesn't think a garden is finished without running water. He never got a fountain. But they are funny about accepting gifts at the best of times. Shame really!

The problem with purchasing something this large from Q is that yes Q will pick it up, but you have got to dismantle the item and of course it being an outdoor item and the 'luxury' of the 30 day money back gurantee means that it may need quite a lot of cleaning before it can be sent back. Thus in my opinion not really worth the hassle as these things are never as good in the flesh as it were. What I also noticed was that the 'upsell' of the remote control was over £20 this to me seemed rather expensive for what should have either been an 'added value' with the item or certainly a lot cheaper than that price. Seems to me like they are trying to 'claw' the TSV saving back on the remote control, as lets face it most people are going to want to invest in a remote control if they are going to be 'daft' (personal opinion) enough to invest in this fountain.

Didn't realise the remote was extra ! blimey.

I bought one of these when the first one years ago was brought to air. But it was a faff to keep the bowl clean of algae and then it was 'performing' on the 8 hour timer on its own in the garden, so a bit of a waste of time. Over time the bowl cracked so it got chucked - it was well under a £100 then, but still a lot of money. I invested in a proper electric fountain from a company on the internet, no bowl for algae to collect in, it lights up, and for a lot less money than this tsv.

It must be selling like hot cakes - the two colourways (not the sold out "weather stone") are still showing as available.

And they now have their highly productive team lounging in one of the garden chairs. Beverley Cressman of the dulcet tones, and dear old Dale. At least sitting in the chair Richard can't stick his hands in his pockets... but it is utterly ridiculous. Richard has such an extensive range these days there is absolutely no reason for him to be on a show unless he's doing one of his products. If he ever added any value to the gardening shows, he clearly doesn't these days.

Richard has such an extensive range these days there is absolutely no reason for him to be on a show unless he's doing one of his products.

My thoughts exactly ! unless he showcases a product with his name on then he is definitely surplus to requirements. He stands there in the middle, head swivelling side to side like a character from the Exorcist ! while the proper garden guest does all the informing of a product and the presenter gives all the QVC spiel. And it must be something with men of limited height when they start waving their hands about like windmills - Craig does exactly the same.

All I can say is that it made for a boring weekend. Hour after hour of it. Sorry, but I hate gardening weekends - they're soooo boring! If it was on less I might be a bit interested. Glad it's over, until the next one in a fortnight.

i love my gardening and would buy more but the postage price for each small pack of plants puts me off.

I have looked at these Bernini's before, some mixed reviews on Q, one person said it was the most expensive (non working) birdbath she'd ever owned, as apparently it didn't work for very long, but longer than 30 days.

one of the reasons I've not purchased this, is a very straight forward one. For someone like me who is petrified plus 100 times of spiders, I know they will hide in there where the battery goes, so I know from experience, there is no way i'd want to remove that magnetic door.

Latest posts

Back