Best Balm/oil cleanser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm really interested as well folks, my skin is pretty stressed at the mo, spots and red patches, I'm using LE C&P but not loving it, it isn't annoying my skin but not helping it much either. I'm on a tightish budget these days and have never really thought of using a balm before, need help controlling this spotty, oily skin of mine.
maybe l'occitane soap or a mild soap may make a difference. for years i was using creamy cleansers etc and the just did not clean my skin enough so i would have spots and generally my skin was greasy.
now my skin looks flawless and more refined. creamy cleansers are better for very dry skins.

I'm using the new "morning" version of Eve Lom and it's excellent! I use it morning and evening and it removes all make up just as efficiently as the original version but it's in a tube which I prefer to a tub and it's currently still at the BCC price of £29 for 125ml (p&p £2.95)http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.200205.cm_scid.KeywordSearch whereas the QVC price for the original 100ml pot (plus small mask) is £49 (free p&p).

I'd echo what Donna says that less is more with this cleanser.

I do drift away and try other cleansers, if we go away I share Cleanse and Polish with my kids to save packing but I always come back to Eve Lom and kick myself for defecting to other brands!

Jude xx

Jude, what's the difference between the Morning Cleanser and the Original cleanser? Is one lighter than the other?

Thanks Akimbo and Donna. Was just going to ask what the difference was with morning cleanser. Am on the last bit if my Emma Hardie balm. Was tempted to try boots organic one as that receives good reviews. However am tempted by trying the eve lom morning cleanser now!

Ah, I found some information on the Morning Cleanser.

It doesn't have to be used with a muslin cloth apparently:

This quick and easy rinse-off cleansing balm, no muslin cloth needed, is the perfect addition to the legendary Eve Lom Cleanser. Inspired by the original, the Morning Time Cleanser has been created as a daily essential, formulated to help your skin look and feel soft, youthful and radiant. Created for those who already love the original, the Morning Time Cleansing Balm is quick and easy to use, and comes in a 125ml tube, great for travelling!
Warm a small amount of cleanser between hands and use circular movements to massage into dry skin. Leave the cleanser on the skin for two minutes and then rinse off with water. Use daily, preferably in the morning alongside the original Eve Lom Cleanser in the evening.

There's also a full review of it here: http://www.mouldyfruit.com/2010/06/eve-lom-morning-time-cleanser.html Which contains details of what's in it etc. It also sounds like the Morning Time one might be suitable for use with the Clarisonic, whereas I believe the original one clogs it up.

Last edited:
I have never tried the Morning Cleanser as was wary with it as I have mild roseaca. There is an ingredient using an exfoliant on my face everyday made me think perhaps not.

To me it seems just a softer texture than the original Eve Lom balm; I still use a muslin cloth to remove it, even in the shower. But it will just rinse off in running water - I'm just so used to using a cloth and it's easier to gauge whether all the foundation is off with a cloth.

This is definitely a product to try under the QVC MBG as it seems people either love or hate Eve Lom's balm (mainly the smell)

Jude xx

I'm thinking of trying the botanicals balm from boots, can anyone recommend any muslim cloths to buy in boots please?

Can't recommend anything in particular from Boots, but if you search "muslin cloths" on Boots.com, there are quite a few to choose from.

NUDE Skincare Cleansing oil is lovely and I have even used it with the Clarisonic. The cheeky so and so have now made the size smaller it used to be like 200mls and lasted for a year!!!! Now only comes in a 100ml size. I still have a larger one unopened from SpaceNK's sale.:wink:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Nude cleansing oil! Agree about the size though, half the size but not half the price - very naughty!
Glad to hear you can use it with the clarisonic, I'm waiting for my TSV to arrive!:biggrin:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Nude cleansing oil! Agree about the size though, half the size but not half the price - very naughty!
Glad to hear you can use it with the clarisonic, I'm waiting for my TSV to arrive!:biggrin:

I love it too. I've been using it for about a year & it's worth the money.
I rarely sat that!

I didn't know that Sarah Chapman's products contained silicone and iffy ingredients! :sad: Where did you find the info? I've just received her Overnight Facial, it's nothing special really for the price, but now I'm also wondering what's in it!

I too wondered about the AD Skin Synergy, someone said they didn't know how much to use as it seemed to be sinking into both their hands and their face, but the reply following that - some months later - I think referred to an Eve Lom cleanser.

So how much of the AD Skin Synergy do you need to use to stop it sinking into the skin?

I have been using the Emma Hardie one for nearly a week now and I can't decide whether I like it. It smells good, removes all traces of mascara, and my muslin cloth is always clean when I wring it out so the balm must be disolving the dirt. However, I feel I have to use quite a bit so I'm not sure whether it will turn out to be good value in the end. I estimate I will get about 6 weeks use out of the 100ml pot.

Same here WR. I love the product, but feel like I don't put enough on my face. It's not too bad in the morning when I add water to it, but I'm the evening I struggle. I think I am being a bit frugal with it too, I hate seeing it go down! On the whole though, I definitely recommend as a balm/oil cleaner. The seeds on the other hand...lovely concept but how awkward is it to create a scrub?! At least my palms are getting top treatment ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Same here WR. I love the product, but feel like I don't put enough on my face.

I have to say I found the same with Emma Hardie, the product doesn't "melt" very much so you have to use a lot. With Eve Lom you only have to use a weeny bit.

Latest posts

Back