Big surprise on Thursday at 9

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sounds lovely Twi. I need to go out with Bry but I'm putting it off as it's cold and getting dark. We have got all our deccies up now though and inside is looking a lot like Christmas 🎄 Going to make mince pies later yum yum.

CC

I have an xmas item on order from Q.

It was on AO for despatch this week.

NOTHING, still awaiting stock.

Will be too late soon.
Anything you order now is likely touch-&-go for delivery this side of Christmas, I reckon. If it's not shipping delays, it's lack of drivers for Hermes et al.
I won't be doing any online shopping for Christmas, but do my bit to support the high street.

Last edited:
I was due an eBay delivery on Wednesday. Hermes tracking had it sitting at hub for 4 days without movement. This evening the status has changed to large parcel 48 hour delay. The parcel is no bigger than a shoebox and should be lightweight so lord knows what they would actually do if it was large.

Also a purchase last week from Etsy gave the impression it was available for immediate despatch but upon paying changed to being made for you delivery earliest 18 December. A bit miffed as this was a gift for someone who I see the week before Christmas so I’ll have to have a substitute ready.

Unfortunately we no longer have any shops in our High Street and even our 2 shopping centres are vacant apart from mobile phone shops and cafes as I would rather not shop on line.

Donna and all ballet fans!

I was trying to decipher your avatar but couldn't see it, makes sense now. I would add that I am totally useless at IQ puzzles as well and usually score as retarded, seriously, my brain just does not work that way. Yet I did well at school, peculiar but my husband comes out tops the jammy sod. He is a nuclear physicist and his brain totally works out puzzles and sequences!

I am very fond of that ballet afternoon of the fawn, short but sweet as they say. The Bolshoi are arguably the best in the world in terms of technique but their repotoire is not as rich as say the Royal. I have only seen them in London, also the Mariinsky. I would love to go to Russia but sadly my husband is not allowed to go to several countries, including Russia due to his job. Maybe when he retires, I don't fancy going alone. I also like to see choreography by say Petipa done by different companies, keeps it fresh and interesting. We lived in San Francisco for a couple of years but for me their Nutracker is not as good as the Royal Ballets, horses for courses. xx

Oh wow yes I remember that. I hate that qvc take so long to contact customers about delayed AO. So it was due week commencing the 6th?

Have you set a date of which you might cancel? Or would you like it anyway when it does finally arrive? It looks nice.
I want to take it to OH's for xmas, as we don't have a tree.

My Ninja cooker is on it's way, 3 weeks late. Hermes have apparently got it so it will probably arrive next week. The workbench is also taking an age to be delivered. Hope you get your sphere in time Strato.

CC

Donna and all ballet fans!

I was trying to decipher your avatar but couldn't see it, makes sense now. I would add that I am totally useless at IQ puzzles as well and usually score as retarded, seriously, my brain just does not work that way. Yet I did well at school, peculiar but my husband comes out tops the jammy sod. He is a nuclear physicist and his brain totally works out puzzles and sequences!

I am very fond of that ballet afternoon of the fawn, short but sweet as they say. The Bolshoi are arguably the best in the world in terms of technique but their repotoire is not as rich as say the Royal. I have only seen them in London, also the Mariinsky. I would love to go to Russia but sadly my husband is not allowed to go to several countries, including Russia due to his job. Maybe when he retires, I don't fancy going alone. I also like to see choreography by say Petipa done by different companies, keeps it fresh and interesting. We lived in San Francisco for a couple of years but for me their Nutracker is not as good as the Royal Ballets, horses for courses. xx
I think in the US, carnivals and parades and their spectacular shows like the one the Rockettes do, we couldn't touch... but Nutcracker is a Christmas tradition in UK like pantomime... so I think there is always a good chance we would do it better. That kind of sounds arrogant , but I hope you know what I mean.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about it being OK for your OH to travel to countries he's currently restricted from. A retired nuclear physicist is still a nuclear physicist, and he won't have forgotten what he knows on retirement... so he will still be in demand and/or vulnerable in some countries. Sad, I know. And your connection might still make it undesirable for you to go either, as a vulnerability that could be exploited.

Thankfully all my Christmas shopping is done and the presents are wrapped, so I haven’t got to worry about things arriving late any more. There were a couple of items that took longer to reach me than expected. I’m sending a parcel at the end of the week but it’s being sent first class, tracked and signed. I know it’ll cost a fair bit as it’s quite heavy, but it’s worth it to get it there before Christmas. 🤞

Continuing the discussion of ballet, I've just started watching a live stage version (on TV) of "An American in Paris" introduced by Darcey Bussell.

Only watched about half hour so far, but hadn't realised there was so much ballet in it, superb dancing, really enjoying it.

It was on TV a week or 2 ago, well worth watching if you like ballet and Gershwin's music. Should still be available on catchup.

Anyone voting for Strictly couples?

Isn't Rose just lovely.

I’ve not voted, but I have watched it. I record it and then fast forward through a lot of the waffle and just watch the dances and the judges’ comments.

Rose is the one that I think deserves to win. i think she’s remarkable as she cannot hear the music at all.

Well I won't know as I shall be watching The Nutcracker ballet at the cinema live from the Royal Opera House.
I’m off to the local community centre to watch this today. I’m really looking forward to it. I used to live in Birmingham and used to go to the ballet regularly, I really miss it having moved to South Wales in 2004 but this is a good substitute for being there in person

Hermes has broke I think. They lost that L'Occitane TSV of mine and I'm grateful I got the replacement speedily but was worried when a Parcel from Disney store online was held on to by Hermes for 5 days. I emailed Disney telling them Hermes had already lost a parcel with another company and hours later the status on Hermes was changed to now ready to deliver. I know it probably just got sorted but would like to believe Disney gave Hermes a kick up the behind, love the idea that Hermes might be scared of Disney but don't worry about QVC.

I too have all my presents but am still waiting from a small gift from Australia, its been waiting for departure since the 2nd Dec, I don't feel confident that plane will fly anytime soon due to the present variant situation.

Latest posts

Back