Something Big Is Coming!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Muttley28

Registered Shopper
Just seen QVC have been advertising “something big is coming”. What could it be? Apparently it will be announced at 9pm tonight. They have a OTO from Neom tonight that is on 5 easy pays, so wonder if it’s everything will be on 5EZ. I would have preferred free P&P but we haven’t seen that in years!

Just seen QVC have been advertising “something big is coming”. What could it be? Apparently it will be announced at 9pm tonight. They have a OTO from Neom tonight that is on 5 easy pays, so wonder if it’s everything will be on 5EZ. I would have preferred free P&P but we haven’t seen that in years!
yep 5 easy pays on everything (they have only done like a 7hr event of it before) & they done free P&P lately but TBH free post dont acutally mean an increase in sales as most people i know elsewhere (NOT ON HERE) would rather have the easy pays than free post & thats been proven

yep 5 easy pays on everything (they have only done like a 7hr event of it before) & they done free P&P lately but TBH free post dont acutally mean an increase in sales as most people i know elsewhere (NOT ON HERE) would rather have the easy pays than free post & thats been proven
How come we are so different? I know not all of us on here prefer free P&P to endless easy pays but I do think the majority of us do? I would have thought st.com was a pretty representative sample?

How come we are so different? I know not all of us on here prefer free P&P to endless easy pays but I do think the majority of us do? I would have thought st.com was a pretty representative sample?
I really can't believe people prefer easy pay to free postage. Free postage saves you money, easy pay does not!!

I can’t get over excited by “free” postage. It’ll be built into the price somewhere along the line; and if it’s “free” they don’t have to faff about with refunding outward postage costs.
You’re right to be cynical and yes, free P&P will be built in to what you pay. But so will the easy pays be one way or another. What I dislike about EPs most, though, is the way they can encourage people to buy what they probably can’t afford because it’s a much smaller amount to find initially (Flinty’s words are ringing in my ear: “You can get this home for just £8.25 …”). At least with free P&P you have to be able to pay up-front so you don’t fall into that trap. Fortunately, we’re made wise to the pros and cons, thanks to this forum, and I’m sure people on here weigh it all up. Each to their own preference.

I won’t buy on easy pays.
Me neither.
If I can’t afford it outright, I don’t get it.

You’re right to be cynical and yes, free P&P will be built in to what you pay. But so will the easy pays be one way or another. What I dislike about EPs most, though, is the way they can encourage people to buy what they probably can’t afford because it’s a much smaller amount to find initially (Flinty’s words are ringing in my ear: “You can get this home for just £8.25 …”). At least with free P&P you have to be able to pay up-front so you don’t fall into that trap. Fortunately, we’re made wise to the pros and cons, thanks to this forum, and I’m sure people on here weigh it all up. Each to their own preference.
All very true.
I got a couple of Elemis sets when they did free P&P on all beauty items. The sets I bought were good value, and not paying postage saved me a lot.
I think in this day and age they should start introducing free P&P on the TSV… I know a few do, and that certainly tempts me…

All very true.
I got a couple of Elemis sets when they did free P&P on all beauty items. The sets I bought were good value, and not paying postage saved me a lot.
I think in this day and age they should start introducing free P&P on the TSV… I know a few do, and that certainly tempts me
Likewise. I think the majority of gripes about QVC, and not just on here but also review sites and Q’s own reviews, are to do with P&P. You’d think Q would realise that they could lure in a lot more people by doing something about that, like offering more free postage (actually, permanent capped postage even better). If I am not sure about the size or colour of something, I am definitely not going to risk several quid in postage on the off-chance.

I think ep can be helpful. However I found it was very easy for them to mount up. Particularly on themed days. I no longer use ep. I prefer to pay all up front and I’m then done and dusted. If used wisely ep can be very helpful. What annoys me is not capping pp.

Free p&p or easy pay? The former please.I sometimes use EZP to keep money in my bank rather that theirs but would not buy in the first place if I couldn’t pay the full amount up front.The payments drag on especially for 4 months when the product is used up and forgotten about!

Latest posts

Back