Bobbi Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anne

Registered Shopper
For the first time in I don't know how long I've put QVC on and watched for the whole hour. First time I've ever managed to see a Bobbi Brown show as well and I really enjoyed it. Loved the guest as he demonstrated everything sooo well. The only problem is that I now want to buy loads of BB-lol

Keep that phone on its stand Anne, you wouldn't feel like this if you hadn't watched the hour. Be strong, think of the p and p!

Loveinamist, I'm going to try and be strong. Infact I MUST be strong as I've a large makeup stash and am too much of a lazy cow to bother with most of it:blush: Like you say there's the p & p and it would probably take weeks to arrive anyway-lol

If its any help to you,I have a few BB bits - and apart from the gel eyeliners,IMO,it doesn't live up to the hype!

I love the gel eyeliners and the shimmer bricks. Did get tempted and ordered a couple of bits yesterday - but they were on easy pay!

Just what I needed to read rainbowdottie:happy: I think I will sort ot my stash this wekend instead.

It was the Bone eyeshadow that I was mainly thinking about. Have you tried that?

I liked the look of that pinky limited edition palette, and I'm usually not a palette person. Though the pink blusher seemed very 'dusty' to me when used it on the model. I have shimmerbrick knock-offs courtesy of George by Asda and they do the same thing.

I haven't - I'm sure I've been really tempted in the past,and the reviews weren't too good(thats what I keep in my mind anyway!)

I think BB isn't for me because I like quite "strong" make up.I think thats why I love the gel liners so much,as I can get quite a "strong" look.

AY is so not my favourite presenter and everyone slates her for her thick liner.......but I kinda like liner that way :blush:

I was tempted by a couple of bits yesterday but then the reviews put me off a bit.

I consider myself an absolute make up junkie,and Laura Geller is really my fav:sun:

I've now realised why I've stopped watching so much QVC as I'm still itching to buy but thanks to here and the reviews I've definately decided not to. In fact, just checked my QVC account and I've only made six purchases since August 2009!

I've had the bone eyeshadow for a number of years. I used it mostly as a base before adding colour. I can't say that it stopped creasing on me and since lid primers have been on the market I've never used it.

I'm afraid I am a Bobbi Brown addict I have yet to try anything I dont love. The Bone eyeshadow is great at evening out the eye lid and I have a lot of discolouration. I am not a fan of the strong make up look so BB suits me down to the ground, never buy it from QVC though its the same price as the counters or BB own website but with extortionate p&p I do watch the hours though to see the products demonstrated

Another BB addict here, as I love her look. I love the eyeliners, easy application and they stay put all day.
I use the long wear cream ES daily, I could not be without the colour "shore", an excellent ES to be use as a primer, it will even out your eyelid, and you do not need another colour if you are in a hurry. Love the pot rouges and lip crayons.... but I am not that keen on the foundations. Eyecream is fab too.
I usually do not buy from QVC, as the prices together with the high PP are not appealing.
I got however from the Q the eyeliner duo and a collection over christmas with shimmerbrick/eyeliner/ES/mascara as these collection were excellent value

Another BB fan here...I love it and am really lusting after the new Peony Python Palette.
I must have it.........:heart:

Another BB addict here, as I love her look. I love the eyeliners, easy application and they stay put all day.
I use the long wear cream ES daily, I could not be without the colour "shore", an excellent ES to be use as a primer, it will even out your eyelid, and you do not need another colour if you are in a hurry. Love the pot rouges and lip crayons.... but I am not that keen on the foundations. Eyecream is fab too.
I usually do not buy from QVC, as the prices together with the high PP are not appealing.
I got however from the Q the eyeliner duo and a collection over christmas with shimmerbrick/eyeliner/ES/mascara as these collection were excellent value

Tia, would you recommend that long wear cream shade rather then the bone shadow?
I am after evening out my eyelid. Thanks

How gullible we girls are! We watch QVC et al, read reviews and believe that a magic something exists that will transform us into... well, what exactly? I say this with a house groaning underneath a mountain of high end cosmetics!

Bobbi Brown? LG? BE? Smashbox? Mally?

QVC is the winner here - it takes our hard earned cash, and seldom, if ever, delivers.

To be fair though, there are some hero products in the Bobbi Brown range, that really do solve problems.

For me, it's the long wear cream eyeshadows - simple to apply and really do stay put all day.

My particular favourite is Heather - a neutral purple.

Bobbi Brown cream eye shadow, a slick of liquid last Mac eyeliner, and my eyes are fabulous all day.

Now just to solve the foundation/blusher/lipstick issues!

Love my BB cream eyeshadows and shimmer brick! Have never managed to apply my gel eyeliner properly. Every time I watch qvc BB shows I have another go but I look a fright!

I haven't - I'm sure I've been really tempted in the past,and the reviews weren't too good(thats what I keep in my mind anyway!)

I think BB isn't for me because I like quite "strong" make up.I think thats why I love the gel liners so much,as I can get quite a "strong" look.

AY is so not my favourite presenter and everyone slates her for her thick liner.......but I kinda like liner that way :blush:

I was tempted by a couple of bits yesterday but then the reviews put me off a bit.

I consider myself an absolute make up junkie,and Laura Geller is really my fav:sun:

If you like your eyeliner that way then go for it. We bitch about AY as it does nothing for her and makes Her eyes look smaller and her under eye bags worse. I love my Smashbox cream liners or MAC who do far more colour choices and you can even wear them as cream eyeshadow too.

Not a fan of the shimmerbricks, too shiney when you get over forty. AY again the sheen coming from her cheeks on camera not a good look. I did buy a few shimmerbricks but never really wore them and gave away.

Bone eyeshadow is a great base for other colours, but its just an eyeshadow and will not stop creasing on the lids. You need a primer for that. Urban Decay and Laura Mecier do great ones.

I have quite a few eyeshadows and blushes going back before Estee Lauder owned the brand. A few palettes including the original Nude one, and the Brights original too. But think Laura Mercier do better ones, the current Silk Road is beyone gorgeous. Hate the lip gloss for the stupid brush which everyone dislikes but they have never changed. Its splays like mad after a short while.

Took the plunge and went for the Antigua palette. Very much on the premise that i have the 30 days to play to see if it suits.

Latest posts

Back