Calico Cottage TSV 15/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Plymouth not posh enough for JL & Waitrose? Shame on them but you will be better off with Lidl & presumably Aldi? Should be heading down there in a few weeks for the ferry!
Waitrose and thier sister company John Lewis are not doing that well in thier so called up market locations. Recession is breathing hard and fast for everyone.

Spain's nice. I've only been to Seville but it was lovely. Have a good time Silver, we're heading off to Corfu again at the end of October. Can't wait!

CC

Spain, Santander then on into Northern Portugal.Hoping for a smoother crossing the last time I came back I spent all the time in my bunk, from Santander harbour until we got into the English Channel.
They used to run "there and back" trips to Santander, sleeping on the ship, with about a day to explore the town. Also had a few trips to Roscoff as well.

Spain's nice. I've only been to Seville but it was lovely. Have a good time Silver, we're heading off to Corfu again at the end of October. Can't wait!

CC
Seville is lovely but either early or late in the year, it can get very hot ( & not only this year) My favourite part is the North, along the Bay of Biscay & Atlantic coast.Enjoy Corfu, never been there but looks lovely.I am packing the hols. in while I can still travel.Booked that trip to Japan but in a years time!

They used to run "there and back" trips to Santander, sleeping on the ship, with about a day to explore the town. Also had a few trips to Roscoff as well.
Here ’up North’ we used to the overnight from Hull into Zeebrugge & spend the day in Bruges or Ghent.They stopped running that route so now it is only to Rotterdam, love that too.

The old lady up the road used to make" fudge" that she used to bag up and sell at the church fete. To me it wasn't fudge, it was sort of crystallised like Kendal mint cake. Even though it had had a somewhat burnt taste and made your teeth itch it just about edible in small measures. Being a typical kid I said it as I saw it "That's not fudge" and she got quite defensive and insisted that it was, despite my saying that fudge is supposed to be chewy. I've not seen anything like it since. Has anyone else had anything like this before? It was dark brown and grainy like sugar and definitely not what I'd have classed as fudge not in texture not in flavour

I remember making fudge in the girl guides, it didn't end well, never set. Made terrible coconut ice too, even the birds turned their beaks up to it! Never been keen on fudge, far too sweet for me
It must have been bad if the birds turned their beaks up!

The old lady up the road used to make" fudge" that she used to bag up and sell at the church fete. To me it wasn't fudge, it was sort of crystallised like Kendal mint cake. Even though it had had a somewhat burnt taste and made your teeth itch it just about edible in small measures. Being a typical kid I said it as I saw it "That's not fudge" and she got quite defensive and insisted that it was, despite my saying that fudge is supposed to be chewy. I've not seen anything like it since. Has anyone else had anything like this before? It was dark brown and grainy like sugar and definitely not what I'd have classed as fudge not in texture not in flavour
The lady didn't cook it enough for the sugar to melt. Fudge should not be grainy. It should be creamy. If she had used condensed milk, she wouldn't have had that problem.

Latest posts

Back