Calico Cottage TSV 15/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And I agree with every point you make!

I hate dark chocolate, too. I can eat vast amounts of (some) milk and white chocolate - not that I usually do - but dark chocolate makes me gag. The only way I can take it is in Nigella Lawson’s ridiculously gorgeous chocolate brownies, probably because of all the sugar, butter and eggs you add! Some years ago, we started hearing more and more that dark chocolate is the healthy option and the darker the better, literally in some cases that small amounts are beneficial to health, so I found if anyone was buying me chocolate as part of a gift, it was dark ****** chocolate because they thought they were doing me a favour. I would keep it for a while in case I made the brownies, or bin it. I’ve put the word out now!
The only dark chocolate I can tolerate is the coating on an After Eight mint - They trialled a milk chocolate version a few years ago and they were pretty grim tbh!

I just don't understand how this is sold out! £25 for 640 grams of chocolate. I've just read reviews on QVC for this choc and it's not that impressive, 50% saying it's the equivalent of cheap cooking chocolate. Tesco have Lindt Lindor, all varieties on offer until Christmas. 200 gram boxes for £4.25. I'll be buying four assorted boxes ( there are some gorgeous new ones out). £17 for 800 grams of choc that I'm guaranteed will be delicious, imo! Win, win. I cannot believe the inflated prices of the food on offer at QVC , but more about that at a later date!!

I tried these last year (set of 2 boxes from memory, but didn’t think that they were that special to be honest. The bars were also smaller than I thought they would be. Although I’m no longer eating chocolate now, if I was, it would be Cadbury’s for me.

well it sold out fast & now on advanced orders for 16/10/23 (was from about 12.15am in the night)
sold out again & now on advanced orders for 06/11/23
That’s no surprise at all. It’s the QVC audience after all - typically not exactly known for their careful consideration of what they’re buying, the relative price, or postage costs. Not all, obviously, and of course many people will have bought the TSV because they love it and don’t consider the price unreasonable, or maybe it solves a gift-buying dilemma. But QVC selling out of something quickly is not an indication of that item’s quality or value (or convenience). I know from experience!

In a weak moment I ordered it because I loved the Calico Cottage fudge, if I don't like it I'll send it back but make sure that there are teeth marks on every bar 😬😆
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Don’t assume QVC will take any notice of that! Anyone buying on Advance Order, look out for signs that SusieSue’s gnashers have been up close and personal!

Watch your fillings! These chocolates looked very brittle.
I bought them last year and whilst most were nice, the chocolate and raspberry was really good I think, they did indeed give the gnashers a good workout once they were open. They were quite hard a difficult to bite and too big to pop in in one go so in a way they were good in that I only ate a very small amount in one go.

At the risk of sounding like I’ve really got it in for Calico Cottage (not true as I loved their fudges), I have another complaint. I watched the first bit of the presentation video online earlier to see what it looked like, get an idea of size, etc. The presentation consisted of Jackie chomping into a few of the sticks and then talking with it clogging up her mouth, followed by random guest presenters like Cozee Debbie, Homeworx Karen and footwear Sam wandering on set and doing the same. To my utter amazement, they all luuuuuuurved it (all of them - what are the chances?!) and made the obligatory “mmmmmmm” noises to prove it. About as helpful for the viewer deciding whether or not to buy as watching ****** models spray copious amounts of perfume around their heads and rolling their eyes back in ecstasy to tell us what the perfume smells like. STOP IT! Ban everyone from trying perfume and edibles in front of the camera! Send us free samples instead! And stop charging so much postage. And give us voucher codes (that work and don’t expire in 3 days) for more than £5 off soddin’ £40 before P&P.

That’s better. I’m ready for the weekend now.

At the risk of sounding like I’ve really got it in for Calico Cottage (not true as I loved their fudges), I have another complaint. I watched the first bit of the presentation video online earlier to see what it looked like, get an idea of size, etc. The presentation consisted of Jackie chomping into a few of the sticks and then talking with it clogging up her mouth, followed by random guest presenters like Cozee Debbie, Homeworx Karen and footwear Sam wandering on set and doing the same. To my utter amazement, they all luuuuuuurved it (all of them - what are the chances?!) and made the obligatory “mmmmmmm” noises to prove it. About as helpful for the viewer deciding whether or not to buy as watching ****** models spray copious amounts of perfume around their heads and rolling their eyes back in ecstasy to tell us what the perfume smells like. STOP IT! Ban everyone from trying perfume and edibles in front of the camera! Send us free samples instead! And stop charging so much postage. And give us voucher codes (that work and don’t expire in 3 days) for more than £5 off soddin’ £40 before P&P.

That’s better. I’m ready for the weekend now.
Yes, they're hardly going to wander on , have a choc and say, oh god, that's s*****e!! So false, surely nobody falls for this crap??
I'm ready for the weekend now as well Andi!!

In a weak moment I ordered it because I loved the Calico Cottage fudge, if I don't like it I'll send it back but make sure that there are teeth marks on every bar 😬😆
When I had cause to return something that was delivered in error (a 3.5kg bag of Lindt truffle chocolates 😳 ) I rang CS and told them that I was going to send them back as I hadn’t ordered them and I asked for a returns label. She must have been in a generous mood because she said that was putting me to a lot of trouble and, as it was their mistake, that I could keep them. I wasn’t billed.

If you don’t like them when they arrive, give CS a ring and tell them that you don’t like them because I got the impression that they don’t want food items returned, especially if they’ve been nibbled. 😉 It’s worth a shot.

Yes, they're hardly going to wander on , have a choc and say, oh god, that's s*****e!! So false, surely nobody falls for this crap??
I'm ready for the weekend now as well Andi!!
Ah but you say that. Does anyone remember Andi Peters and Dale tasting the vegan burgers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I think they said just that without saying the actual words.

CC

Latest posts

Back