Carla Lazzlo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do like Carla Lazzlo but every show we have to put up with her telling us she is going on a Cruise. She told Charlie that she would be talking about it for the next 4 months.
I'm not a fan of hers,normally turn over. She does the gulping,strange sound when she's talking and says gunna alot. She wants to be Jane McDonald so bad😆

I do like Carla Lazzlo but every show we have to put up with her telling us she is going on a Cruise. She told Charlie that she would be talking about it for the next 4 months.
Yes, she talks about her holidays a lot. A Caribbean cruise, she says, slated for November. I also heard her saying that it is a 'modern type of cruise', not the traditional sort. The events include a 'scarlet evening', i e., the attendees are encouraged to wear red. It could be fun for a certain type of person.

I agree, she does bang on about them. If she's not just going on one, she's just returned from one.

Mind you, she doesn't say which shipping line she goes with, so they could be really cheap as chips (like the Italian cruise liners) with an inside cabin (never recommended as you never know whether its day or night time.) in which case she could probably afford to do several a year.

Carla could carve out a good career on a cruise ship in duty free, flogging perfume. Plus she'd have the run of the litter, if she could find a straight man. 😋

The cruise bit is annoying but she still is the most professional BA and should be as she was a presenter on IW
I didn’t know she was a presenter on IW (never watched it so that’s not surprising!)

I have to say I don’t like watching her.
Can’t quite put my finger on it.
It’s nothing personal as she seems a nice person.

I think it’s the harping on about holidays, lunches and dogs - just bores me - plus her style is not for me...
(And I find it hard to relate to the cruises ‘stuff’ - and I can think of nothing worse than going on a cruise!)

But I agree she’s always well presented and manages to keep a balance between focusing on what she’s selling and having a SOH etc,

She would be a better full presenter than several I can think of!

If you're a lady on your own then cruises are perfect. Safe way to travel and see a different place most days and not have to worry about cooking your own meal. We're all different, my own idea of hell would be camping or caravanning somewhere in this country. My sister-in-law loves organising family get togethers by hiring a house somewhere. I can't see the point in renting some one elses house where I do the same things as I do at home, but at least I know my own bed mattress is clean ! Unless I'm visiting someone, I have no interest in holidaying here.

She's got nothing better to do than to go on a cruise. I bet she gets to sit 'at the captains table' too. Fish-fingers and peas for Carla, nothing less.
How does the Captain's Table work? Do people sign up to be on it? Is it an honour to be invited? Never been on a cruise, but I'm interested in knowing what actually happens on one. Carla seems to be a convivial person who gets on well with groups. I imagine she has booked for an expensive cruise, so it will probably be lobster and steak. BTW, I never buy fish fingers, because there are always one or two in the pack that taste very 'fishy' and unfresh. Disappointing , because the ads for them look tempting.

It’s definitely an ‘honour’ which usually goes to the occupants of the most expensive cabins. These days many cruises offer inclusive drinks but before that being invited to join the captain (or another officer) meant free drinks all evening. It’s allows you to drop it into conversation for years to come and be very boring indeed!

The one I have seen it was a number of very high-end restaurants on board with 5-star chefs.

Yes, I got the idea, it is only first class passengers who get invites to the captain's table.

They showed one of the onboard stores which sold very expensive jewellery. A couple bought a £100,000 piece. These cruises do not do have duty free, but you can claim tax back on the items when you get home

How does the Captain's Table work? Do people sign up to be on it? Is it an honour to be invited? Never been on a cruise, but I'm interested in knowing what actually happens on one. Carla seems to be a convivial person who gets on well with groups. I imagine she has booked for an expensive cruise, so it will probably be lobster and steak. BTW, I never buy fish fingers, because there are always one or two in the pack that taste very 'fishy' and unfresh. Disappointing , because the ads for them look tempting.

In Carla'a case? I can't imagine you'd be inviting Carla to your table because of her intellect or beauty. 😋

1.jpg

It’s definitely an ‘honour’ which usually goes to the occupants of the most expensive cabins. These days many cruises offer inclusive drinks but before that being invited to join the captain (or another officer) meant free drinks all evening. It’s allows you to drop it into conversation for years to come and be very boring indeed!
Yes, you're probably right. For us lower plebs there are cocktail evenings where the officers 'work the room' chatting to guests, but despite me being a "talk to anyone" type of person, some of the uniforms are hard work believe me !

She was very good presenting Tig bags (I bought a lot!) but when she started to represent every brand going, started on the cruises (did she go with Del Boy once?) she lost me, but no one can deny she is a very attractive lady who is always well turned out despite the clothes she is presenting very much like Ali K

They showed one of the onboard stores which sold very expensive jewellery. A couple bought a £100,000 piece. These cruises do not do have duty free, but you can claim tax back on the items when you get home

I’m amazed that people splash out like that in a cruise ship jewellery shop but I’ve seen it too. Most people with pots of dosh still want value for money and I wonder if they’re getting it. It’s the same in the Caribbean where it’s wall to wall jewellers. I’d be afraid to be conned with no redress. I feel brave if I buy something from the $10 shop!

Latest posts

Back