Carole Hochman?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Unless I’ve missed something, is Carole Hochman’s line the only nightwear sold on the Q ? If so, it’s time they changed the record, I would prefer more choice, just sayin’😡

I know there is Cuddle Duds but that’s more a loungewear brand, with few PJ.

Unless I’ve missed something, is Carole Hochman’s line the only nightwear sold on the Q ? If so, it’s time they changed the record, I would prefer more choice, just sayin’😡

I've checked and it does seem that way, although I did spot one set of cyberjammies. I think if they were to change the record, it wouldn't mean the introduction of a range of affordable, non-hideous nightwear. It would be Marla Wynne's latest venture - hideous in looks and price, or something from another one of their house brands, which may be slightly less hideous but overpriced enough to put most people off buying.
Of course you can spend a fortune on nightwear if you choose, but for the majority of folk all they're looking for is something warm and cosy to wear in bed on a cold night and something they'd not be embarrassed to open the door to the postman in.
I get it that people prefer to do their shopping online, but there's thousands of high street retailers and catalogues online that will sell you a pair of pj's for pennies - so imo there's no need to fret over Q's meagre selection, especially when you have to factor in all the extra costs and hassles that shopping with them bring

I must admit that some years ago, I paid well over the odds for a couple of Carole Hochmann pj's. One set consisted of a stretchy pair of bottoms, a vest top with built in bra and an over jacket. The bottoms used to get all twisted round, the top with the elastic "shelf" wasn't comfortable, and the over jacket was pretty superfluous to needs - I would've preferred a long sleeved top instead of a vest. It cost me around £40 and that was at least 10 years ago. The other one was a pair of fleece pj's black with white spots, the looked cute and were comfortable, they were a similar price, but the elastic actually "went" so I got shot of them. My £12 pair of fleecy pj's I bought from my catalogue are about 4 years old are still going strong and I also have a couple of pairs of shorty summer ones I bought from accessorize for about £15 a pair and again had for a while and haven't needed to replace yet. Totally no point in wasting money on what Q has to offer in the way of nightwear!

I get my nighties from Bon Marche - two for £16. Last ages, but cheap enough to replace when necessary, and the cotton fabric is great for dusters afterwards.
I got some Bon Marche pj`s as part of a Christmas present a couple of years ago and they`re still going strong. They`ve washed and worn many times. I only wear pj`s in the Winter, I use nightshirts for Summer and I`ve no idea how much the pj`s were but I`ve certainly had my use out of them.

I suppose we tend to forget that QVC is an American company, so they shove all their 'stuff' on to other countries to sell. I doubt that the U.S have good quality 'cheap' clothing stores like Bon Marche, and those living in rural America are probably grateful for QVC to deliver a wide range of goods if they have a 2 hour drive or more to the nearest town/city with good shopping facilities.

I know on my visits to the U.S. the quality of fashion in general shops was found wanting, and even the likes of Nemann Marcus or Bloomingdales and Macy's, the clothing I found to be a little 'dated' and wasn't inspiring. I did buy a couple of jumpers in Bloomingdales as it was Sale time and I also got a tax refund as a visitor, but overall I wasn't impressed.

I suppose we tend to forget that QVC is an American company, so they shove all their 'stuff' on to other countries to sell. I doubt that the U.S have good quality 'cheap' clothing stores like Bon Marche, and those living in rural America are probably grateful for QVC to deliver a wide range of goods if they have a 2 hour drive or more to the nearest town/city with good shopping facilities.

I know on my visits to the U.S. the quality of fashion in general shops was found wanting, and even the likes of Nemann Marcus or Bloomingdales and Macy's, the clothing I found to be a little 'dated' and wasn't inspiring. I did buy a couple of jumpers in Bloomingdales as it was Sale time and I also got a tax refund as a visitor, but overall I wasn't impressed.
I agree and I wasn`t impressed by their fashion either. Several years ago my pen friend and their family came to the UK for a visit and spent 3 weeks touring around. I asked their then 15 year old daughter what she liked most about the Uk and she said it was how easy it was to buy fashionable clothes.
Where they live in the States is almost an hour`s drive to the nearest small town and almost a 3 hour drive to the nearest large city. They bought almost everything except food by mail order and compared to most 15 year olds here in the UK their daughter was dressed much differently.

I can't buy pj sets because if they fit on the top, they don't fit on the bottom and vice versa. I bought a couple of Cuddle Duds tops when they first came out on qvc. The fit was fine and the styles really good, but within a few hours' of wearing they started pilling badly. Maybe the quality has improved now, but I'm reluctant to give it another try.

I believe Cuddl duds is part of Carole Hochman.
If you want good quality nightwear Lands’ End do good stuff. Just keep an eye out for their sales to get the best prices.

I once tried a Carole Hochman nightdress believing the hype as to the quality.I returned it almost straight away when I came to my senses as to the price.It was simply not worth the cost to me.

Such a shame I've already got pressies for the dustman wives, a set or two would have been ideal. And a very reasonable price. I wonder if I should get some just as stocking fillers.

Last edited:
I never wear pjs and only occasionally nighties, I find both very restrictive, but I like a nice housecoat or dressing gown, unfortunately in my size 22 very high street restricted as it is with full length raincoats for some reason.

Latest posts

Back