celebrity overload

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I never wore face makeup until I was 50, just a little mascara and lip stick the same year I got my ears pierced lol

What can I say the wedding was a bit muddy and they all had a bath after.:tongue:

But then all zeleb crap is not you will look like whoever but the fact they use it! So we must be impressed and rush to buy whatever and share the fantasy of it. Beyonce sits down and craps and p**s like the rest of the females in the world. I'm sure if her fans want to use it because she uses it hey go for it. But don't forget most zelebs are paid to say they use said product. Millions of dollars or pounds for the use of their face for ad campagne. Just because you want to do your makeup like whoever if you don't have the same shape face, eyes etc not happening. We have all been brainwashed over the past 10-15 years that zelebs are the end all of the universe and we normal mortals must aspire to be like them. We are no longer allow to be ourselves.

admiring a celebs glowy cheeks or eye make-up is fine but to get told you use a certain product you can be like them is wrong it's all about making the best of ourselves what makes US look good we're never going to look like these celebs so they should stop trying to make out with certain items we will

I hear AY say "you can get the [insert name of celeb] look" eg "you can get the J-Lo look" but I've never heard her say "you will look like J-Lo". There's a difference.

I suppose the other point is that they are trying to show the product is decent quality and so they say "if Madonna has all the money in the world and is sent all these products free of charge but still chooses to continue using this particular product then it must be decent". That's not to say that my skin will look like Madonna's if I use it, just that someone who has their pick of the crop aparently thinks this is the best.

There is a look I've seen a lot of the youngsters copy round my way and it's truly awful, in my opinion, and all encouraged by the celeb mags. It's a WAG meets Jordon image, you can imagine not a very natural look. Orange skin, thick false eyelashes, lots of hair extensions, whitened teeth, push up bra and big hand bag, very short. tight clothing and teetering about on extremely high shoes . Some pull it off better than others but the majority look ridiculous and very unnatural. It must cost a hell of a lot of money to maintain and is a total exploitation of girls as thry look like hookers. Glad to say my two daughters are totally natural and the nearest they came to artificially enhancing their looks were wearing orthodontic braces. They both use Liz Earl spit & polish and that's because it works, not because a celeb endorsed it.

yes, the WAG-on-a-budget look isn't my favourite. But being young is all about experimenting with your appearance and having fun playing around with it. I think it's a healthy stage we all went through (maybe it was the twiggy eye make-up and mini skirt for you, the gothic look, the mod look or whatever, every young generation copies a certain look that the older generation thinks looks terrible).

I hear AY say "you can get the [insert name of celeb] look" eg "you can get the J-Lo look" but I've never heard her say "you will look like J-Lo". There's a difference.

I suppose the other point is that they are trying to show the product is decent quality and so they say "if Madonna has all the money in the world and is sent all these products free of charge but still chooses to continue using this particular product then it must be decent". That's not to say that my skin will look like Madonna's if I use it, just that someone who has their pick of the crop aparently thinks this is the best.

Madonna has the money
Madonna looks amazingly youthful
Madonna could afford any cream/ serum/ potion/ magic elixir she likes
however
Madonna uses Dr Scalpel indicating to me that the is no cream/ serum/ potion/ magic elixir in the World that will do the trick for me lol

I don't think many people buy into the celeb name dropping,I think its QVC's little bubble to think that they do.

I was brought up in the 70/80's where everyone had their own teeth and hair.Life was normal - look at the original band aid video :cheeky: QVC could never convince me to buy anything on the back of a celebrity,we all know that they're *not real*.

yes, the WAG-on-a-budget look isn't my favourite. But being young is all about experimenting with your appearance and having fun playing around with it. I think it's a healthy stage we all went through (maybe it was the twiggy eye make-up and mini skirt for you, the gothic look, the mod look or whatever, every young generation copies a certain look that the older generation thinks looks terrible).

Don't remind me of my mullet perm...hope all the photo's are destroyed :sad:

Orange skin, thick false eyelashes, lots of hair extensions, whitened teeth, push up bra and big hand bag, very short. tight clothing and teetering about on extremely high shoes .

Is this not your Friday-night-out look Hooded Claw? :wink:

There is a look I've seen a lot of the youngsters copy round my way and it's truly awful, in my opinion, and all encouraged by the celeb mags. It's a WAG meets Jordon image, you can imagine not a very natural look. Orange skin, thick false eyelashes, lots of hair extensions, whitened teeth, push up bra and big hand bag, very short. tight clothing and teetering about on extremely high shoes . Some pull it off better than others but the majority look ridiculous and very unnatural. It must cost a hell of a lot of money to maintain and is a total exploitation of girls as thry look like hookers.

I call them the drag queens. I just saw a girl who had completely painted her face all over in pink highlighter. She looked like a camp tin man.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Is this not your Friday-night-out look Hooded Claw? :wink:

Friday night? That's my work uniform!

Not a popular look amongst other qualified librarians I grant you, but... :wonder:

Sent from my abacus using carrier pigeon

there is one thing that no cosmetic will give you, that look of hopeful optimism that you sometimes see in the eyes of the young when they still have their lives in front of them and feel that they will be young and lovely forever. I have a niece who is totally lovely, good skin, great hair and pretty features but it is the eyes with their glowing optimism that stand out.

...I'm now 41 and three quarters..but when I started watching QVC I was in my thirties and now I listen to AY describing all the deep wrinkles I'm meant to have but (and I'm not sounding boasty here) I just don't see all this ageing, do you wake up one morning and go - blimey I look old and I really need to look like Beyonce?

I have noticed a trend for incredibly messy hair amongst the young, a bit like back combing but in wacky way..maybe that's a Jersey thing?

Latest posts

Back