Chuntley shut up!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Much and all as I don't like the hard sell of Flinty at least you know what you are in for as she is so blatant about it.

It is the syrupy insincerity of Ms Huntley that I can't stand.
it's all I "have 2 grown up children so now is your que to say you can't possibly be - you don't look old enough"
"I have put on sooo much weight so now you say - you don't need diet chef you are so slim"
And on it goes constantly, the false modesty fishing for compliments.

And nearly worse is going on justifying the postage charges against other companies who have it free.

Of course if you like her that's fine for you but nothing will ever endear her to me and when as yesterday we have her on virtually every show my patience wears very thin.

oddly I don't think she insincere. I think she is a genuine person who lacks confidence in herself.

oddly I don't think she insincere. I think she is a genuine person who lacks confidence in herself.
I don't think these are mutually exclusive; possibly her insecurity and eagerness to please make her try to anticipate what will make her popular with viewers and her employers. Not that I think other presenters are candid about how they really feel about the products, QVC or its postage policy, but Catherine just seems to be trying too hard.

I saw CH at the Beauty Bash - she is very tall but certainly did not look "stick thin". In fact, she looked quite curvaceous and very ordinary, albeit pretty and glamourously. I am not her biggest fan, but really don't mind her either.

What a horrible, nasty thing to say about anyone.

I am sure that there is someone on Q who you cannot stand and perhaps I may quite like them but just as it is your right to say so it is mine as well and I can assure you if you think that was horrible and nasty you haven't read much on this forum!

I am sure that there is someone on Q who you cannot stand and perhaps I may quite like them but just as it is your right to say so it is mine as well and I can assure you if you think that was horrible and nasty you haven't read much on this forum!

My thoughts exactly.
Lynn :mysmilie_14:

Welcome to the forum Suzayyy64.

I have been on this forum a fair while.

I think those who agree with you have just ignored this thread. Like me, until I saw your post. :)

Believe it or not I welcome you to the forum as well. Most on here have strong opinions on the presenters, be it Richard Jackson, Craig or Jill Franks, none of whom irritate me to the extent of some forum members. With me it is CH and SG and I'm afraid I can't ever see myself warming to either of them. Perhaps a sense of humour is what is needed by all of us.

I saw CH at the Beauty Bash - she is very tall but certainly did not look "stick thin". In fact, she looked quite curvaceous and very ordinary, albeit pretty and glamourously. I am not her biggest fan, but really don't mind her either.
Her weight yo yo's. When I saw her she was incredibly slim. Very tall and elegant. Very attractive woman too. Just don't warm to her at all!

Welcome Suzayyy64.

Ive learnt if something or someone bothers me that much not to watch , its a simple as that, yes annoying if its a show you want to watch, but most ranges have several shows in one day , so there should be a presentation when the presenter you dislike isn't presenting.

I put her in the "mildly irritating" category, not the "shouting at the screen in frustration" category. I also think she lacks confidence and to me she seems almost like a rabbit in the headlights, too scared to say anything controversial so that what she does say is either unpalatably sugary, justifying her weight gain (forget it, Catherine, you have an above average figure) or droning on about her mother/friends/whatever.

It's healthy to have different opinions and to sometimes not like people ....i just find her a little too good to be true sometimes that's all...nothing major ....don't detest her or anything .....

She is so annoying. Always trashing other companies, always telling us that qvc were the original shopping channel. She seems to think that she is making qvc look good when she is actually making them look desperate. I think she is insincere and self absorbed not to mention she is always preening and fishing for compliments. She always tries to display this false modesty always talking about her so called "lumps" She is already more than aware she has a good figure and is just digging for compiments. She is 5ft 9 and a size 12-14 which is no where near big. It's and insult to people who really are overweight. But of course CH has to make everything about herself.

What's wrong with being Stick thin ,I am
Lynn :mysmilie_3:

Agree. I never understand when people praise people for not being stick thin. It's insulting to those who are stick thin. Some people are naturally thin no matter what they eat. I mean nobody would dream of saying the same about an overweight person would they? Not that CH is in anyway "big" she is still slim and has the height too.

Agree. I never understand when people praise people for not being stick thin. It's insulting to those who are stick thin. Some people are naturally thin no matter what they eat. I mean nobody would dream of saying the same about an overweight person would they? Not that CH is in anyway "big" she is still slim and has the height too.

Yes! It's up there with the 'real women' phrase, you can't be a real woman if you aren't short or overweight! Well I am a tall size 10 and last time I looked I was definitely a real woman!

Adversely, I think the last thing Ms Huntley lacks is self confidence. Which is a positive attribute, I suppose. If she did, there is absolutely no way she would even consider making references to her weight. She is not my favourite presenter, but I can honestly say I do like her, and she comes across as quite a fun person to know, and an ideal friend, who would have your back.

Latest posts

Back