Congealed Raw Looking Pies !!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
I think the Lime Tree Pantry Pies look really raw, raw meat and pastry with congealed lumps of jelly showing too, how mouthwatering!!! they really make me want to spend £30+ a go, poor old Debbie is having to eat these live on air, there is no steam or anything coming off them so presumably they are cold. Then that lady keeps pooring lumpy custard and cold looking gravy over them too - you will eat them Debbie.

Normally TV makes things look wonderful and then you are disappointed when they arrive but this time I think you get what you see

I used to buy Lime Tree fruit pies from our local farmers' market, and when they were on Ideal World a couple of years ago I bought a great big load of them. What a dissapointment! The pastry was dry and the fillings were much smaller than the market pies. It put me right off! I'd be interested to see what QVC viewers have thought about the ones they have been offering.
As for the meaty ones, well I don't eat meat, but can say that they wouldn't tempt me (and I can tell the Buccleugh and Exmoor Style meat they have offered is good).

Debbie is now saying on air that she doesn't want to eat anyore pies, she has just told off Marjorie for giving her more. She is adamant that she doesn't have anymore space for anyore, bit of a giveaway there I think Marjorie - leave her alone or she will be sick on air one thinks.

just been looking at the online reviews... and they are dreadful!!! i don't think i've ever known qvc let a range have so many negative reviews..:11:

does tickle me though - one reviewer keeps turning up giving them 5 stars and totally wonderful - and he lives in the same county as they are produced... hmm i wonder any connection...? :54:

I got some of the fruit pies last year just to see what they are like, they were quite nice but at around £4 each were in my view very over-priced. I did enjoy them but not enough to spend that sort of money on fruit pies again.

just been looking at the online reviews... and they are dreadful!!! i don't think i've ever known qvc let a range have so many negative reviews..:11:

does tickle me though - one reviewer keeps turning up giving them 5 stars and totally wonderful - and he lives in the same county as they are produced... hmm i wonder any connection...? :54:

To be fair he/she gave the Trevor Bayliss radio a terrible review!

congealed raw looking pies!!

Marjorie would look far better with some new glasses!

just what I was thinking!
new hairstyle wouldn't hurt either.

Lovely lovely food - sausage roll, chips and baked beans. what a feast! lol

I had some Lime Tree pies from QVC at the end of November> I tried the Lamb in mint gravy and it was awful. the pastry was very cloying, the filling very dry and what I thought was a lump of meat was gristle. Rang QVC and complained and CS said that he was very sorry and would arrange for them to be collected. Later I had a tel call asking me to dispose of the others and I would get a full refund.
I told CS that if I'd read the reviews first I would never have ordered them. I would never buy them again. On my review I said the only good thing I could say was that the delivery service was very good.

I had to change my phone number to stop them phoning me, LIME TREE = OVERPRICED BIRDS EYE

I had to change my phone number to stop them phoning me, LIME TREE = OVERPRICED BIRDS EYE

i LOVE getting cold sales calls. when they start their spiel i say "yes, yes i am interested" and then put the phone on the desk and walk off.

i once went back FIVE MINUTES later and i swear to god the woman was still yapping on. hilarious.

i LOVE getting cold sales calls. when they start their spiel i say "yes, yes i am interested" and then put the phone on the desk and walk off.

i once went back FIVE MINUTES later and i swear to god the woman was still yapping on. hilarious.

Yes, I've done that too, I was sitting at the computer doing something important like reading this forum when the phone rang right beside me. It was my bank, and they were trying to sell me some kind of policy that I wasn't really interested. I said, thanks but I'm not really interested, and I don't do any banking over the phone....Oh, you don't have to give any details over the phone..Ok I said, but I'm not interested. The bolshy cow, said "hear me out if you will"..ok I said...popped the phone on the side..and carried on surfing..'bout five mins later, I picked up the receiver to hear her say...Hello, hello are you there...."Yes, I said"...well can we interest you?..sorry, I said, I didn't catch any of that...she began the spiel again, I popped the phone back down on the side...and the same thing happened again...she said well are you interested....."No, I said...cheerio!"

As for the pies, I think they look really unappetising.....I would possibly buy that sort of thing at a farmer's market, but I wouldn't buy it on tv, 'cause you're kind of comitted to buying a whole pack which is really expensive, and ok, you can send them back if you don't like them..but I couldn't be doing with all the hassle for the sake of a couple of meat pies!

Last edited:
when they make them on air they stuff them full of filling but I bet the ones you get arent half as full,the reviews are terrible on the web too,think I'll stick with Hollands....

When it comes to pies I'd rather see what I am buying. Don't go to Batley Mill very often but have been known to buy a pie there.

These pies look very unappetising - and very expensive.

I love my grub but I am very wary of ingredients in pies, sausages and burgers.

Golden rule - if it bounces don't eat it...

I had some Lime Tree pies from QVC at the end of November> I tried the Lamb in mint gravy and it was awful. the pastry was very cloying, the filling very dry and what I thought was a lump of meat was gristle. Rang QVC and complained and CS said that he was very sorry and would arrange for them to be collected. Later I had a tel call asking me to dispose of the others and I would get a full refund.
I told CS that if I'd read the reviews first I would never have ordered them. I would never buy them again. On my review I said the only good thing I could say was that the delivery service was very good.

There was a lump of gristle on view in a pie Craig was poking about in-bluddy revolting.

Latest posts

Back