Credit where it's due.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Personally I think that GemsTV should have contacted everyone rather than customers having to contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst I agree that Andy and Clark appear to have done a great job for you all, I have to say that they will obviously have been instructed 'from above' - no not him!!

If Gems TV felt they had done nothing wrong I don't believe anyone would have seen a penny by way of a refund. They obviously know they have deceived and mis-sold and are paying out because their only other option would be that they were taken to the cleaners!

Sorry, but no company pays out money unless they have to!

Personally I think that GemsTV should have contacted everyone rather than customers having to contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that's the plan for the coated diamonds BUT they've been inundated with people contacting them so I guess you have to prioritise. Do you ignore those who contact you or do you deal with them first and then write to everybody? If somebody doesn't know today does it matter if they don't get a letter for a few weeks if they are treated the same in the end?

Because of st.com, the coated diamonds issue spiralled and GemsTV have been asked to look at Rubies, Alexandrite, Tsavorite, Diamonds, Tanzanites, Pearls, Padparadschas blah blah blah! So I think forum members alone have kept them busy for the past few months. They actually don't have to do this and could have kept it just for coated diamonds but they've decided to help if they've been asked. I personally couldn't have asked for more.

I'm speaking with Andrew tomorrow so I'll ask him if the plan is to send out letters for the coated diamonds.

Edit: I queried with Andrew why some of the pink diamonds were still showing as not coated and he confirmed that some of them are NOT coated so it could be that somebody is expecting a letter but are lucky enough to have the uncoated ones!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if its common practice for paraiba tourmaline to be treated or filled I noticed Meesho enquired of Gems if hers had been treated.I wondered if anyone has been notified of their stone having had treatment applied.My most expensive purchases to date have been one paraiba ring from Gems and two from TJC the two from TJC have better colour saturation but do have obvious inclusions but I assumed they were all natural or maybe heat treated now with all this im beginning to wonder should I be worried?

Does anyone know if its common practice for paraiba tourmaline to be treated or filled I noticed Meesho enquired of Gems if hers had been treated.I wondered if anyone has been notified of their stone having had treatment applied.My most expensive purchases to date have been one paraiba ring from Gems and two from TJC the two from TJC have better colour saturation but do have obvious inclusions but I assumed they were all natural or maybe heat treated now with all this im beginning to wonder should I be worried?

Nothing for you to worry about. Tourmalines are heated fairly routinely. For example, fine purple tourmalines can be heated and suddenly become bright blue Paraiba Tourmalines!!! Some Tourmalines are now irradiated (Shimoyo Rubellite that's being sold on Rocks and Co for example) and there is some tentative evidence that fillers are being used on some Tourmalines BUT that is still under investigation and very new so you have nothing to worry out. Sit back and enjoy your gemstones! It's very normal for the colour saturation to vary from gem to gem. Interestingly, the one PT I have from TJC is one of the weakest in terms of colour and saturation but I have seen some nice ones on there recently.

I emailed Andy 2 days ago and haven't even had an acknowledgement of my email.

I emailed Andy 2 days ago and haven't even had an acknowledgement of my email.

He hasn't been in Paula. Clark phoned me today to say that Andy was expected at some point tomorrow.

In all honesty when I first made contact it took them several weeks to respond.

Thanks for the reassuring advice on the Paraibas Meeshoo its good to know.I dont think any of mine have the colour saturation of yours(saw some pictures you posted a while ago)but I do like them.If I had known about this forum at the time I may have sent the Gems one back as it is pale blue but the carat weight is higher than was stated and it does glow I dont regret keeping it.Saw some for sale yesterday described as turquoise and couldnt see any colour at all.

He hasn't been in Paula. Clark phoned me today to say that Andy was expected at some point tomorrow.

In all honesty when I first made contact it took them several weeks to respond.

Thanks Meeshoo, just me being impatient:mysmilie_17: I didn't expect to have an answer immediately, just thought I might have got an acknowledgement, so I re-sent the email:mysmilie_697:

Hopefully, I'll hear that they've received my query.

Just got in, and there's a phone message from Clark, telling me they've received my query, and have passed the info. to Thailand, and as soon as they hear anything, they'll get back to me.

I've been as down on Gems as the next person lately, but I'm pleased to know that my query is being dealt with, and will hopefully be hearing something within the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Back