Debbie Flint annoying again!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The other day I saw a presentation of the juicer and Debbie Flint really irritated me. Every time the lady gave her a sample drink she went cross eyed as she was drinking it and then bent her knees as if she was about to faint with pleasure.

Sounds like a stress incontinence problem to me, she was just squeezing thighs and eyes together to prevent leakage as the juice went down.

Well, I think she gave herself away just now in the Carole Hochman show. "When we get rid of these," she said of some PJs, "there won't be any more in future." Get rid of? I'm sure the presenters THINK that, but only Debbie would be crude enough to use those words.

She sells me nothing.

Debbie must stay, she is a great presenter, far better than most of the others. At least she has some life about her, and does not take things too seriously, unlike some other presenters.

Are you Debbie Flint (Undercover)????????????:mysmilie_17:

Can't abide with her either. Tooo hard sell, steely look, something doesn't quite add up to me. Sure she is a lovely lady but I've never connected with her.

Not too keen myself either.

But will only watch Ideal World or QVC. the other channels all seem to have such awful rpesenters I can't bear to watch - shame as they might have good offers!

Well, I think she gave herself away just now in the Carole Hochman show. "When we get rid of these," she said of some PJs, "there won't be any more in future." Get rid of? I'm sure the presenters THINK that, but only Debbie would be crude enough to use those words.

She sells me nothing.
She'd never win any prizes for tact and discretion would she!!?? :mysmilie_701: I bet that remark went down well with the QVC suits. :rolleyes: She really is a nightmare and I can't imagine why they brought her back.

her presentations are more of a sell - not a discussion about the products as i think QVC aims to do. so you are normally lulled into buying. debbie is not as subtle as that.

I don't mind her at all. She doesn't take the cuddly wuddly approach and make me feel all sicky wicky!

She seems to be on air an awful lot at the moment...but you win some you lose some!!
It feels like we are seeing less of some of the the others like CS and CS :mysmilie_697::mysmilie_687:

Like I said before, she'd be better suited to a fairground! "Roll up roll up, get yer TSV now, hurray up missis, I've only got a few left in the back of me van" Sorry to be horrible, but I had not encountered DF until her return and was prepared to just see what she was like, hoping she was going to be a breath of fresh air, turns out she's an ear stinging east wind. I don't like the steely glint in her eye, I know the whole purpose is to flog stuff but I just turn off when she's presenting so it's counterproductive to be so hard sell

Good post. Describes exactly how I feel about her. I think she's awful as a presenter.

When I first discovered Shopping Telly ?? nearly 10 years ago ?? "you" often hankered after presenters who had left QVC - the Zhuzh guy (RIP... ah, Steve Whatley), one who went to America, and Debbie Flint. So I was all agog when you said she'd be on auction telly and I managed to catch her but was very unimpressed, she seemed tatty. However, I saw her on a clothing programme the other night and thought she was quite good... ish.

Anyone who performs like Mrs Overall is a woman after my own heart - you should see me first thing in the morning :mysmilie_17:

clemenzina

Sounds like a stress incontinence problem to me, she was just squeezing thighs and eyes together to prevent leakage as the juice went down.

Yes, she did commnet on the fact that she had drunk quite a lot of liquid. I have often wondered how the presenters have time to visit the bathroom in between one hour and another. It must be nearby and they must be lightening quick....

her presentations are more of a sell - not a discussion about the products as i think QVC aims to do. so you are normally lulled into buying. debbie is not as subtle as that.

Exactly how I feel! Not a good tactic with me, I find it harder to resist the disucussion technique and very easy to resist the hard sell. But that's just me, it must work woth someone!! Loook at the other awful channels and their equally awful presenter technique.

She seems to be on air an awful lot at the moment...but you win some you lose some!!
It feels like we are seeing less of some of the the others like CS and CS :mysmilie_697::mysmilie_687:

They probably demand more holidays at Christmas and Debbie is probably expected to fill in as she is the "new" girl.

I saw her doing the Juicing demo the other day, at one point she necked a whole glass 'for the camera' in about 10 seconds, I turned the sound down just in case it made a re-appearance in the coming minutes...thankfully it didn't.

I actually don't mind her at all, but it's obvious that she's been on the auction channels and IW, as she's def got more of the 'hard sell' about her. But there is something of the market stall of her - she really only needs the fingerless gloves, milky tea and a bacon barm on set to complete the look...:D

I like the Carole Hochman hours and tried to watch yesterday, but I didn't stay long when I saw who was presenting. I laughed at your fingerless gloves comment cavegirl, while I was watching yesterday Debbie said that when the weather is cold she wears leg warmers on her arms in bed, the mind boggles.:mysmilie_61:

I really like Debbie - I find her very entertaining and funny. I wonder where she originates from as she sounds like she has a local accent (I'm from the East End of London).

Latest posts

Back