Do QVC always sell the most expensive computers in the range?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Posy

Registered Shopper
They are always the most hi spec and consequently expensive computers that the particular range sell. Today's TSV is a grand! What ever happened to value?

My guess is that they make a very healthy profit selling them because they certainly seem to be on offer fairly regularly.
I think they must appeal to people who do not have a great deal of technical knowledge but want a computer. QVC is seen as a safety net with its easy pay plan and money back guarantee.

It is an absoloute thing of beauty, I officially fell in love at Midnight last night, sadly can't afford to get it but think its the first all in one PC I have seen and thought YES!

Just because something is a grand doesnt mean it cant be value too - you have to look at the overall picture, not just the price! :) And I'm not referring to QVC, just in general (QVC are a rip off with most things)

It is an absoloute thing of beauty, I officially fell in love at Midnight last night, sadly can't afford to get it but think its the first all in one PC I have seen and thought YES!

Graham: go and have a long, cold shower.

And remember the last time you bought a computer from a shopping channel - that didn't exactly go to plan, did it? :thinking:

I bought my first laptop from QVC back in 2000 and it never went wrong, despite having a luxurious 3 year guarantee on it. It still works now, even though I've managed to get through a couple since then which didn't fare as well. It was a good spec at the time and so lasted a good few years before I needed to upgrade.

As Stumpy said, you have to look at the overall spec and what you're getting for your money, not just the pricetag. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean long-lasting or good value.

The HP man makes it look so easy, but he is too fast - - - just touch this, then this, then do that, then touch this to make it full screen, and hey presto - - - -

After over 6 months I still can't use my "magic canvas". All the obvious Windows methods of, for example, making a window full screen won't work, so I have given up and just stick with Windows, a waste of all the software HP have written.

It took me 3 months to turn down the brightness of the screen, which was dazzling. All the help menus ended up with "find the control on the monitor" - - there isn't one! I eventually stumbled on it by accident, but don't know how I did it. BTW lots of other computer users also tried to do it, without success.

I hope the HP man will read this.

The HP man makes it look so easy, but he is too fast - - - just touch this, then this, then do that, then touch this to make it full screen, and hey presto - - - -

I hope the HP man will read this.

Indeed he (Danny) was flying through the features.....perhaps in case he was interrupted? Though tbf presenter Charlie did let him get on with it.

It looked a powerful beast with 1.5 TBs of memory. In years gone by £999 used to be a fairly standard price for a standard desktop PC with just a fraction of the poke!
I know........cos I'm still using one!! :sad:

I think you'll find it's the Hard Disk which is 1.5TB not the memory (4GB)

Is it just me or does anyone else think the idea of dragging greasy paws across a screen is juist gross?
Give me a mouse any day.

I think you'll find it's the Hard Disk which is 1.5TB not the memory (4GB)

Is it just me or does anyone else think the idea of dragging greasy paws across a screen is juist gross?
Give me a mouse any day.

If it had 1.5TB of memory I'd be getting a couple of these at that price. Definitely 1.5TB of storage which pales in comparision to my 4GB/12TB beast of a server :)

Anyway, the mouse is an old (but trusted) method of input. I prefer a trackball and oddly, the tablet method. The latter takes some doing over two screens though.

Don't want to be leaning across touching a flipping screen. That's the last thing I need so that PC was not for me, leaving alone the price of it. By the time you've managed to use up all that space the PC it will be as old as the hills!

I don't know much about computers so I tend to get my work IT boys to decide what I buy. And my PC was nothing like that kind of price but I also know that it doesn't have half the kit that that one has. Thing is though I don't need it. I use t'internet, Office and iTunes and that's my lot really. Think mine was less than £400 but the boys bought a box and built the spec themselves. It's not an off the shelf PC.

They (my IT boys) do always say if you're going to buy one yourself buy the best spec you can afford.

I bought a netbook last year and they've put in extra memory and it's brill now. I wouldn't know how to do that myself.

Latest posts

Back