Does Tarte sell

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

much better when the makeup is being applied in the QVC studio by the older cheek blown up models?o_O
I can't imagine any of the before and after images of any model helps sell the product. I'm shocked at how often they look better in the before picture, no matter how hard Q try to make them look awful with sad faces, bad lighting, pre-show sad hair etc. Not just Tarte.

I only ever bought one product. It was a wash off tan which was ”guaranteed “ not to rub off on your clothes.

It was terrible, it came off on clothes and wouldn’t wash out. Rimmel from Boots at a fraction of the price is 100% better. I wouldn’t buy from the brand if they gave me £5 as well.

Well, I buy a lot of Tarte, works well with my skin and I like the fact that my skin benefits from wearing it.
It is a cult brand in USA and mostly stays put - skin care with cosmetics added.
Often the demos don’t do it justice, but once you know your colour and apply it properly it’s very good.
I often buy direct from USA too.
My number 1 brand for make up

By accessing or using the Sites, participating on the Tarte Channels, or signing up for the Mobile Program, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which include an ARBITRATION PROVISION, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, and our Privacy Policy

Cut and pasted from Tarte's website, they're making sure their customers can't sue them again.

If it's still on qvc then it's selling. Ditto for Kim &co. You may not understand why but qvc is in this to make money so they must sell, and stay sold to keep coming back! It's not a popularity contest or a public service.
Your post means....
I do completely understand about retail.
Neither do I think there’s a popularity contest or public service.
Thanks

Your post means....
I do completely understand about retail.
Neither do I think there’s a popularity contest or public service.
Thanks
I'm thinking if the presentations were better quality they could sell more than they do. But their slap-dash efforts appear to be "good enough"...and they may want to improve their stock management before trying to improve their sales beyond what they get today.

To be honest I often wondered why they never moved online in the UK like other brand who appear on QVC. By that I mean CultBeauty, Feelunique etc such as IT Cosmetics who are now in Boots Tarte would fit in there too.

Tarte just seem to stay on QVC UK and sell basically the same products each time. I know their blushers are meant to be brilliant, yet they only sold a few colours on QVC which disappeared quickly. After that we get the limited edition sets where the colours all seem to be a variation of the same shade. I know I bought an Xmas set way back and realized after a while they all seemed to be the same shade family. I ended up giving them away friends asked had I even used them?

Simon Wilson, the infamous seller of costume jewelry, said it in a nutshell to Kabler (I'm paraphrasing) : "If you, as a presenter don't reach your quota of sales, you're fired, and if the brand doesn't catch on with the qvc customers, it's out the door." Hence, Ruth Langsford's sweaty desperation and the presenters' threatening, hard sell tactics. "Check out your baskets now, or someone else will grab what you want."

Simon Wilson, the infamous seller of costume jewelry, said it in a nutshell to Kabler (I'm paraphrasing) : "If you, as a presenter don't reach your quota of sales, you're fired, and if the brand doesn't catch on with the qvc customers, it's out the door." Hence, Ruth Langsford's sweaty desperation and the presenters' threatening, hard sell tactics. "Check out your baskets now, or someone else will grab what you want."
Yes, I'm sure they have a baseline "performance" expected, by time of day, type of product, and average viewership for the time of day.
The more aggressive they become, the more they return to some products shown already, the more you feel they are struggling to hit the mark.
Just as you know that the things which they have the deepest stock of will be the ones they demo the most.
At one time if the guest or presenter was wearing something that would sell out fast, often before they got to it in the colour worn. Now not so much.
With so much of what they sell they are neither offering what their loyal customers would like to wear, nor what their desired customer prefers...and often not only the presenter and guest look awful, but the slim leggy models too.
Some customers will buy because they like the presenter or guest, or because they are heavily brand loyal ..but even they will think again if being let down by the product in their hands happens often enough.

There have always been targets for staff in retailing, most supermarket checkout staff are expected to check through a certain amount of customers per hour.

In my store we are expected to upsell to 1 in 5 customers during off peak and 1 in 2 customers in the run up to Christmas during the 'golden quarter' and when it's busy we are expected to serve a customer every 90 seconds on average.

Difference is we do it face to face in a friendly polite manner, I've never heard a colleague say 'get yours now before someone else takes the last one because it's limited stock and a collectors item!' (while checking themselves out on the CCTV monitor and reading tweets on their tablet)

I hate upselling! Superdrug are the worse along with the Post Office. You try to buy a stamp, and it's board band, insurance etc. Superdrug have stuff at the counter, and they always ask if you want to buy whatever, No! I always feel like saying no I am not interested before they even start. But I just let they ramble about whatever perfume is on offer, body spray etc.

I hate upselling! Superdrug are the worse along with the Post Office. You try to buy a stamp, and it's board band, insurance etc. Superdrug have stuff at the counter, and they always ask if you want to buy whatever, No! I always feel like saying no I am not interested before they even start. But I just let they ramble about whatever perfume is on offer, body spray etc.
That drives me mad too, and Superdrug is particularly bad "Do you have a beauty card?" No "would you like one" No....would you like to try one of our fragrances today they're normally blah but today they're....no...just serve me and let me go thank you!

Unfortunately sales staff have absolutely no choice to upsell it is called a non-negotiable in my firm.

If a staff member regularly fails to hit their target it's a warning from the manager, if there's no improvement there's another warning this time from the area manager if that doesn't work they get a Personal Improvement Plan and if that doesn't help them improve then they're sacked.

Because I've got years of experience in retailing I've gone to other stores to help someone improve and I've had people in tears because of the stress, scared of losing their job.

By the way upselling adds millions of pounds in sales to every company that does it .

When I worked at McDonalds as a weekend job (student in the old days) I hated going on the tills. I always forgot all the stuff we were trained on. They order a burger, you ask if they are having fries. Then "is that a large fries", then you ask if they are having a drink... so it goes on. I forgot all the enjoy your meal, have a nice day etc. I was RUBBISH! I salute the staff in the shops having to put up with some truly appalling behaviour from the public.

I had friends who worked in Debenhams for a number of years. Now, we are talking about 6 or 7 years as then left. But at staff meetings they were told to push the store card and their jobs might depend on how well they did. Not their sales figures for their brands but how many store cards they could get customers to sign up to. The store manager even had a wall chart showing which staff did well and those who did not.

Latest posts

Back