'Emu' boots

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

handbag queen

Registered Shopper
Hi all
Does anyone know when the Emu boots (I think they were called) are going to be shown? Would really like a pair of Uggs but they are so expensive. Could be a good alternative?

I can recommend Kiwi Sheepskins Great service and delivery. Infact probably quicker than QVC!!

I got these beauties last year (was not going to pay over the odds for a label) although the exchange rate isn't as good at the moment. Kept my feet warm in -5 temps even though you wear them with no socks.

sml-laced-full-calf-pu-chestnut.jpg

Hi all
Does anyone know when the Emu boots (I think they were called) are going to be shown? Would really like a pair of Uggs but they are so expensive. Could be a good alternative?

If you have a Costco card or know anyone who does they sell the 'real' Uggs but also have their own version, which I compared side by side and there's very little in it - except that their version (Kirkland signature) cost an unbelievable £25 (I think that is the vat inclusive price) - which I think is unbeatable. Otherwise the website www.shudoo.co.uk often has excellent discounts - quite often publicised in moneysavingexpert forums.

The Emu equivalent to Ugg is still quite expensive - they have a cheaper suede range and a superior sheepskin range.

Hope this helps.

emu do 2 main styles. the bronte which is their cheap version. suede with a wool lining. managed to bet these from tkmaxx for £20. O.K BUT NOT TALKING TO ME.
now the stinger is anather cup of tea. real australian sheepskin so thick and fleecy and really warm.the heel is good as well. these i really do recommend as they are really just like the real uggs.russell and bromley in the west end sell these to me that is telling me something.
i bought these last winter in my littlewoods catalogue for £109 and pay over 52 weeks interest free.they also sell some other colours i bought the black that go with eveything.
there is anather stle they do which is a dead ringer for a really expensive pair of uggs that sell for around £250. they have a braiding up the back and a wellington type ultra stong sole heel unit. these are really good in wet weather but i find that the stinger for the money is a really good deal and really quite water resistant. hope this helps. boffy

have you got your northern nights duvet yet

If you have a Costco card or know anyone who does they sell the 'real' Uggs but also have their own version, which I compared side by side and there's very little in it - except that their version (Kirkland signature) cost an unbelievable £25 (I think that is the vat inclusive price) - which I think is unbeatable. Otherwise the website www.shudoo.co.uk often has excellent discounts - quite often publicised in moneysavingexpert forums.

The Emu equivalent to Ugg is still quite expensive - they have a cheaper suede range and a superior sheepskin range.

Hope this helps.

what was the quality of the northern nights duvet like?

Followed the link on Amazon ...thanks, Pinkmoon! Well worth a look, I can save 50% on the ones I would like (Emu Stinger Lo).
Also checked out Kiwi sheepskins (thanks, Anne). Amazing prices, i imagine the only drawback would be if you had to pay custom charges. Are you supposed to wear these kind of boots with no socks?
Anyway, I am enjoying comparing them all, will let you know what I decide.

Followed the link on Amazon ...thanks, Pinkmoon! Well worth a look, I can save 50% on the ones I would like (Emu Stinger Lo).
Also checked out Kiwi sheepskins (thanks, Anne). Amazing prices, i imagine the only drawback would be if you had to pay custom charges. Are you supposed to wear these kind of boots with no socks?
Anyway, I am enjoying comparing them all, will let you know what I decide.

I didn't get charged. They just came through airmail in a padded bag. Apparently it's best to wear them with bare feet as the sheepskin regulates the temperature of your feet then. Mine have never got too hot or too cold in them.

I ordered Australian Uggs from uggstop.com - have other Uggs but these are far better than them. The ones we buy are made in China under licence from a company. The uggstop are far more luxurious, and it is best to wear them with bare feet.
Another plus from Australia is according to our post office depot - they dont get you for import tax.
Love them = ordering another palr for slippers!!!
Mollymoo
:39:

Ooooh look forward to seeing them I think they are on 22 November was going to go for the Uggs Australia but are the emu's the same I have a cheap pair at the mo from Next and they are great

Ooooh look forward to seeing them I think they are on 22 November was going to go for the Uggs Australia but are the emu's the same I have a cheap pair at the mo from Next and they are great

You would really do better to buy on Amazon at the moment, I can't imagine QVC will get near their prices. I ordered a pair of the Stinger Lo in Chestnur for £49.74 - half price - they Aarrived this morning and are far better quality than my Ugg Australia and Kiwi Sheepskin pairs - however I ordered my usual size and they were way too big at the heel - DH is at the post office this very moment returning them, not sure whether to buy the smaller size or whether the heel problem will be solved or not - any ideas anyone?

I need help please I want to buy a pair of Emu Stinger boots but don't know which size to go for, I'm a 6 normally but lots of reviewers say go for a size bigger can anyone help please?

You would really do better to buy on Amazon at the moment, I can't imagine QVC will get near their prices. I ordered a pair of the Stinger Lo in Chestnur for £49.74 - half price - they Aarrived this morning and are far better quality than my Ugg Australia and Kiwi Sheepskin pairs - however I ordered my usual size and they were way too big at the heel - DH is at the post office this very moment returning them, not sure whether to buy the smaller size or whether the heel problem will be solved or not - any ideas anyone?

Thanks TL will have a look.

Does anyone know whether they leak or not as my cheap pair do but don't know whether its the same for all of them.

Hi - BJ, I found the size 4 (my normal size)really loose at the heel and it just felt too big - I know Ugg type boots don't fit like normal boots, but these were just falling off - I have ordered a 3 and will report back when they arrive - maybe it's the shape of my feet! The boots were beautiful quality but did feel a little more cumbersome than Uggs.

Jo34, I think if you use a good protector like a scotchguard spray, then you should get some degree of water repellance, but I doubt they will ever be waterproof. I have rad on US site Zappos' reviews that some of the Ultra/Ultimate boots (ones with more robust soles) can be worn in the snow if treated. My Uggs have been fine in the rain, but I have tried to avoid puddles - and they have been treated (I think the spray I used was Woly, but any brand would do, I'm sure!).

Hope this helps, although I think size will always vary from person to person in this type of boot.

BTW, my local TKMaxx in Ilfod had Bear Paw boots, they were in a variety of colours and styles and reduced to £25 - have to say that the quality IMHO was nowhere as good as any of the other 'main' players (Emu Stinger, Ugg Australia, Kirkland or Just Sheepskin).
There is a discount code for 25% off at USC who sell Ugg Australia and Just Sheepskin brands on the Moneysavingexpert Ugg thread at the moment.

If ordering Uggs go a size down. im a 6 and 5 fine.Bit tight when you put on to start with but they stretch and mould to your feet.They are like slippers on your feet. I dont wear socks with them. You wont want to take them off. Spied the slippers at Amsterdam airport 99 euros Dont know how they price compared to other places So next on my list.

Latest posts

Back